[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jags-Steelers Thread

Menudo

This is the Steelers 3rd Sunday/Monday night game already this year. Despite winning the other two, I hope they put up a better effort tonight, as both were ugly wins.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Steelers can beat the Jags on the road tonight. The have a lot going against them. The dreadful O-Line got worse when one of their veterans, Kendall Simmons was lost for the year. Parker is still out, and Mendenhall was lost for the season, so, I don't expect much of a running game tonight. Also, two of their three starters on the defensive line (Casey Hampton & Brett Keisel) are both out, which isn't good against a team that runs it as well as the Jags do. Now that I got my pre-emptive excuses out of the way, here's to a great game.......... :wacko:

P.S. I really hope the Steelers pull this off, as I've had a miserable Sunday fantasy wise, and I'm not looking forward ot my car picking me up at 5AM for my trip to the airport :D

P.S.S. I forgot to add, the Jaguars have owned the Steelers like no other team over the last 5 years.

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that stadium is at LEAST 35 % Black and Gold tonight.

The Steelers travel well to all stadiums and the Jaguars fans suck at supporting their team, despite how solid it has been in recent years.

:D

That drive started so well..............

I hate Mathis, he kills Ben and the Steelers.

Terrible, rushed throw with the blitz coming. Ugh...... :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

After seeing the replay, it was overthrown a bit by Roethlisberger, but, Santonio needs to get his head turned around when he sees a blitz coming and cut off his route. He has been awful at that all year.

Update.....Ben looks bad. Low throw to Spaeth. :wacko:

Racist!

Shows how much you know, I'm friends with a guy, whose sister's cousin's best friend's brother's girlfriend knows a black guy who saw Ferris at 31 Flavors last night.

I'll accept your apologies.

Damn 3rd down conversions and penalties................. :wacko:

By the way, I take back what I said about the Jags fans, I'm sure there are a good share of Steelers fans there, but, the Jags fans are coming over the TV quite vocally in support of their team. Kudos to them.

+1.

Although you could argue it was uncatchable.

Possibly, but, you could argue that it would have been catchable if Taylor didn't impede his route to the ball. I've got no issues with that call.

Najeh Davenport is about as fast as William Perry. Terrible choice to return kicks, no?

I agree. That had him returning kicks last year as well. It makes no sense. Of course, there two returners were Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore, so, they might have just put someone in there with experience doing it.