[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any chance......

Hugh 0ne

........that if the Vikes lose tomorrow night (which is a distinct possibility) that Childress gets canned?

If not, the Viking brass should start considering it A lot was expected of the Vikings before this season started. They have a lot of talent.

........that if the Vikes lose tomorrow night (which is a distinct possibility) that Childress gets canned?

I dont think Childress will be replaced if (perhaps for no other reason than lack of a better alternative) the Vikes lose tomorrow night which I sadly expect they will. BYE week is in 3 weeks, though, and if the team loses to NO and/or drops either of the division games (Det, @ Chi) between now and then, then I'd say Wilf might say he's had enough.

The team has continually underachieved under Brad "the most un-electrifying man in football today" Childress and I have seen enough to know what I would do. However, I am not sure there is a good/feasible alternative at this point and that (plus the division being tight) might be what is keeping Wilf from dropping the ax.

ETA: Outshined kinda beat me to it

Edited by Delicious_bass

Cowher might have some interest in the Vikings job. A solid running game and physical defense is right up his alley. With many pieces in place already, I think this would be a good spot for him.

I LOVE seeing Heath Miller getting so involved tonight. He is so under-rated and should be a bigger part of their gameplan every game.

Not particularly relevant, but thanks for contributing.

ETA: Oooooh, you little thread deleter. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Not particularly relevant, but thanks for contributing.

ETA: Oooooh, you little thread deleter. :D

Although, it was a post and not a thread you stupid noob.....

:wacko:

:D

Edited by Menudo

Cowher might have some interest in the Vikings job. A solid running game and physical defense is right up his alley. With many pieces in place already, I think this would be a good spot for him.

I hope you are right as I agree that it seems as though it would be a good fit for his style. Unfortunately, that doesnt help us this year :wacko:

Didn't Cowher say it would be 2010 before he'd consider coming back?

He originally said he was going to take two years off, until his youngest finished High School, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure if he has since changed that stance though.

He originally said he was going to take two years off, until his youngest finished High School, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure if he has since changed that stance though.

I thought he said it on the pre-game show last week... I know he did say he wouldn't consider anything this year though.

I'm sure Zygi can buy a scoreboard and get her an early graduation if necessary.