[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning

WaterMan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . thus proving your comparison retarded . . .

Actually that shows how Peyton managed more yards than the great Kitna.

C'mon waterman, does ONE player make all the difference for Moss, but Manning missing FOUR starting offensive linemen doesn't?

Of course. Does he have 4 people throwing to him? :wacko: Cassel was a 7th round pick so I guess that's the same as having linemen who weren't first round picks, right? :D

But it seems that the greatest QB to ever lived can't produce unless he only gets sacked once per season. Sure he had knee surgery, but Manning wasn't going to try and run for a first down.

Of course. Does he have 4 people throwing to him? :wacko: Cassel was a 7th round pick so I guess that's the same as having linemen who weren't first round picks, right? :D

But it seems that the greatest QB to ever lived can't produce unless he only gets sacked once per season. Sure he had knee surgery, but Manning wasn't going to try and run for a first down.

He's producing just fine. Not getting benched, like Kitna. The Colts are 2-2 with a boatload of injuries. And knee surgery effects your mobility in the pocket as well dumb dumb. Randy Moss is on pace for only 8 TD's. Why is that? Injuries? Or can the greatest WR who ever lived not produce unless he has a Pro Bowl QB?

Edited by CaptainHook

Actually that shows how Peyton managed more yards than the great Kitna.

Does it? Hasn't Kitna acquired most of his yards in blow-out losses with teams giving soft coverage underneath because they have a 20+ point lead? You really ought to think out your comparisons more. . .

Basically what your asking is, "Is a quarterback's play related to how good his offensive line is?" The answer is yes. You can't put up great stats without blocking. Just as I'm asking, "is a wide receiver's play related to how good his quarterback is?" The answer there is yes as well.

Pretty simple. Can a QB make up for a bad offensive line? Not for very long. The Colts keep pulling games out of the fire, but their offensive line play, and especially their defense, must improve drastically if they want their normal 12 wins this year.

Wasn't Saturday healthy to play in week 5? I thought that the line was fully back.

The starting offensive line for the Colts is Ugoh, Lilja, Saturday, Pollak, Diem. Against the Bears they were missing the center and both guards. Against the Vikes they were missing the center, both guards, and the left tackle got hurt in the second quarter. Against Jax, they were missing their left tackle and both guards. Against Houston yesterday, they were missing their left tackle and left guard. Ugoh did dress, but did not play. Hopefully he will be back by next week. Lilja is on PUP and can't come back until Week 6 at the earliest.

How much is attributed to his knee though?

He seemed (not that he really ever moved well) like he was stuck in the mud.

And if Sage slides the Colts are 1-3.....

I actually traded him after week 3.

I got good value for him and I just had a feeling that this was going to be an off year for him (meaning less than 30 td's)

Since the trade I am 2-0 and have scored no less that 110pts each week......I started 1-2 and broke 100pts once.

Still feeling good about that? I resisted the urge to trade him and muddled through the first few weeks. But I held on to him because I figured he would come around sooner or later as his knee improved and the line got healthier. Seriously, is there another QB in the league you really would rather have over the course of a season if you know Peyton is healthy? Lets see Cutler do it for a whole season before we anoint him. Romo is hurt now. Brady is out. Aaron Rodgers? Cmon. Kurt Warner? Dont make me laugh. McNabb? you cant be serious. Eli? Hahahahahahaha.

Yep, Peyton is still the best QB to have.

What would Manning's stats look like compared to Brady if he played this season?

*waits for the dodge*

How the frick is anyone supposed to know that?

If I had to guess, considering that Indy looked pretty shaky out the gate, is that Brady's would look better. Does that make you happy?

However, what I think this shows is how important the pre-season and certainly a productive camp is to having a good start. Manning had neither and that, combined with the banged up O-line is going to take its toll. However, if the degree to which he peed all over the vaunted Baltimore D is any indication, they might have straightened that out.

Again, what is your point? I'm still waiting for the list of guys I assume you must have who have flourished despite missing the pre-season with a bum knee and playing behind a porous line.

Does that count as a "dodge"?

Edited by detlef

What would Manning's stats look like compared to Brady if he played this season?

*waits for the dodge*

:wacko: all I know is they are better than Brady's right now.

And Harrison has the same number of catches and one more TD than Moss. :D