[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning

WaterMan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Manning? The barely in the playoffs Manning or the top of the NFC Manning?

The first Manning is pretty close to Cassel's numbers yet you are saying MVP. :wacko: Come to think of it, I don't even think he's in the top 3 for QBs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7406/g...4sEd20P7s3.uLYF

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4256/g...4sEd20P7s3.uLYF

I guess it's fair to say Peyton's stats are better because he has thrown 40 more passes. Where do these 7th rounders keep coming from?

The first Manning is pretty close to Cassel's numbers yet you are saying MVP. :wacko:

He's thrown 5 more TD's than Cassel, has three less turnovers, has been sacked THIRTY-THREE less times, has completed a higher percentage of his passes (by over 3%), has almost 300 more yards, and has a higher QB rating. And he was coming off two knee surgeries at the beginning of the year, and was STILL able to have two fourth quarter comebacks before the 8 game winning streak started . . .

Nice comparison. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Over the past eight games. Manning has compiled a 107.7 passer rating by completing 71.4 percent of his attempts for 2,153 yards with 16 touchdowns and three interceptions. He's directed six fourth-quarter comebacks this season, four during the current winning streak.

Which Manning? The barely in the playoffs Manning or the top of the NFC Manning?

Why "barely in the play-offs"? They clinched last week. Better than most teams. Better than the "not even in the play-offs yet" Pats . . .

Come to think of it, I don't even think he's in the top 3 for QBs.

:D You're right. He's in the top 4 of almost every statistical category.

I guess it's fair to say Peyton's stats are better because he has thrown 40 more passes.

:wacko: it would?

Edited by CaptainHook

Why "barely in the play-offs"? They clinched last week. Better than most teams. Better than the "not even in the play-offs yet" Pats . . .

So he's better than Cassel at least.

:wacko: You're right. He's in the top 4 of almost every statistical category.

So given there are more positions than QB to win MVP, yet he's 4th in QB stats. I think Vick has the same chance of being voted MVP this year. :D

Edited by WaterMan

Haven't heard a peep out of White since Week 11 thanks to Turner the Burner.

Moss on the other hand has been going off since Week 11.

Roddy White still has more receptions and yards. By a lot.

Moss doesn't even have 1,000 yards receiving. :wacko:

Of all people to take Watermans bait, I am surprised to see its Cpt and Menudo. Clearly he's just fishing here, it's obvious since he is still clinging to Randy Moss stats and STILL trying to put Manning down. I mean, only a guy trying to bait you would do that.. right?

I certainly wasn't taking any of his bait, I was just stating my opinion of Peyton Manning.

couldn't read all this, but I would like to see him as mvp...he carried the team on his shoulders, Jeff Saturday's absence, Addai oft-hurt, old Harrison, less than-expected Wayne, defense injuries, namely Bob Sanders....he maxed out-had a bum knee w/ a staph infection preseason and still lead his team to the playoffs. a wonderful job, and the true meaning of an mvp :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Roddy White still has more receptions and yards. By a lot.

Moss doesn't even have 1,000 yards receiving. :wacko:

Moss TDs: 11, 1008 yards

White TDs: 7, 1382 yards

And your point is? CaptainHook posted 2 days before Moss had his biggest er make that worst* game of the season where he made 1 catch for 13 yards to get over 1000. If the Captain posted that Moss wouldn't get to 1,000, you might have a point, but instead you just look like the blind homer guy who won't admit he's wrong despite overwhelming evidence otherwise.

* - And yes, I realize that Moss likely only played to get over 1,000 yards, but none the less it was still his worst showing and still had 374 yards less then White.