[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush

michaelman

Where do you rank Reggie Bush in a PPR league? 0.5 PPR.

I know he and westbrook are considered like the ultimate PPR backs, but looking back at his 2006 season with Deuce, and his 2007 season without Deuce.. neither of those seasons ranked in the top 8 Rbs point wise....

Is his status as one of the "ultimate PPR backs" mostly dependent on him playing to "his potential" like he did in the first few games?

I think Deuce's return takes away ALL of Pierre Thomas's carries and HALF of Reggie Bush's carries.... that would lower his value..

And then what happens when Colston(week8) and Shockey(week6) come back and take away more of Bush's Looks?

What do you think his value is for the rest of the season?

I think we should watch this week very carefully and see whether last week was how they want to use Deuce and Reggie or it was more of an aberration based on the game and really wanting to control the pace of the game and time of possession (which Deuce is more suited for).

My sense (in any case) is that Bush is a top five back in PPR, they are going to use him out on swing patterns and lined up in the slot and try to get him the ball in space. He probably doesn't remain the #1 PPR back that he has been thus far though. I'd predict maybe #3 depending on health.

In a .5 PPR he's obviously slightly lower....top 10 back though.

Where do you rank Reggie Bush in a PPR league? 0.5 PPR.

I know he and westbrook are considered like the ultimate PPR backs, but looking back at his 2006 season with Deuce, and his 2007 season without Deuce.. neither of those seasons ranked in the top 8 Rbs point wise....

Is his status as one of the "ultimate PPR backs" mostly dependent on him playing to "his potential" like he did in the first few games?

I think Deuce's return takes away ALL of Pierre Thomas's carries and HALF of Reggie Bush's carries.... that would lower his value..

And then what happens when Colston(week8) and Shockey(week6) come back and take away more of Bush's Looks?

What do you think his value is for the rest of the season?

in his rookie year he ranked 9th

last year he ranked #10 in PPG and I use that because he missed the final 4 games...and to be fair the last 2 games he played in he scored 7ish point in each of those 2 games(game he sustained the injury and game he tried to play thru it)....prior to those 2 games he was averaging 15.74 PPG which would have been good for 6th ....imo, Bush is a top 10 RB in PPR with serious upside and that is with or without DMac

Yeah I figured a bulk of his value comes from his catches.. and our 0.5 ppr does lower his value... I was thinking top 10 too...

And when I was watching last weeks game vs. SFO... I saw and heard from the commentators that Bush was getting doubled or something.. I couldn't see it myself but SF ran a Nickel D on him for sure.

Deuce ran a lot towards the end of the game b/c the Saints were up and he kept getting the 1st downs. Coach Payton also said that Deuce was going to continue getting a similar workload to that of the SF game. Not this week vs. Minn of course.

I own him in my PPR league and lovin it. I picked him in round two on the turn in the 8 spot. I think he is top 5 for sure based on what he has been doing so far. They guy a a lock for 7 grabs and 50 yards per game with rushing AND the kind of punt returns you saw tonight. The guy has been a monster for me and has saved my bacon twice now. I think it continues because teams can't account for his speed in the flat with linebackers. Corners are tied up in man coverage with the Saints Wide outs as they run them off because Brees is so accurate you had better be close to the receivers. Bush will be the most consistant point scorer week in and week out. Look at AP, tonight, just 5 points. Reggie had that in just catches for loses!

Bush has great value in my IDP leauge. We get 1pt for a reception, plus we don't play with team defenses and punt returns are rewarded to the player.

Yeah, the guy who owns him had a BIG night.

I own Bush in another league that doesn't reward punt returns or receptions. Only 8 pts from him last night.

Not joining that league next year.

I loved how little McAllister was in the game last night as a Bush owner . . .

1.clearly didn't watch the game,

2. doesn't know Minnesota's run defense

3. didn't see bush getting owned and fumbling TWICE trying to run though it.

How are these things pluses for bush owners?

If anything you should be happy about Bush's return ability... or wait.. will teams just not kick to him anymore?

And if I was a coach, I'd take away his rush attempts all together... HANG ON TO THE BALL.

1.clearly didn't watch the game,

2. doesn't know Minnesota's run defense

3. didn't see bush getting owned and fumbling TWICE trying to run though it.

:wacko:

I did watch the entire game. McAllister only had only 6 touches, to Bush's 19. And even AFTER he fumbled twice, he was still in the backfield the majority of the time. :D

I think McAllister gets more carries against poor run D's where he can wear down a defence. He doesn't have the speed to get to the outside, and you don't run up the middle on the Vikings. Bush just matched up better against the Vikings D. I expect McAllister will have much better games in the future. Not a bad time to trade for him after that game actually. He'd make a decent bye-week filler.

If you have watched the saints over the years you'd know Deuce only gets the big performances when the Saints are up. The only reason the Saints weren't up was because of a freak blocked punt return for a TD, Fumbles and Ints.

Deuce is used to run out the clock and get the short yardage gains. The only reason bush got more carries in week 5 is b/c he stood a better chance busting out a big play... no1.. not even deuce was going to pile drive through the Vikings D.

I did watch the entire game. McAllister only had only 6 touches, to Bush's 19. And even AFTER he fumbled twice, he was still in the backfield the majority of the time. :D

Deuce: 6 rush attempts

Bush: 12 rush attempts, 2 fumbles

It's all about the rushing attempts between those two. Deuce doesn't catch and never did.

Deuce: 6 rush attempts

Bush: 12 rush attempts, 2 fumbles

It's all about the rushing attempts between those two. Deuce doesn't catch and never did.

Deuce had 47 receptions in 2002, and 69 in 2003. You don't know what you are talking about. Plus, one of those fumbles came on a reception, not a rush.

If YOU watched the game, you would have seen how little Deuce was actually IN the backfield. Most of the time it was Bush. Even after the fumbles. That's good news for Bush owners, because it means more touches. I don't care how he gets them, whether it's a hand-off, or a reception out of the backfield. You must own McAllister or something. :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

2002 and 2003... SIX YEARS AGO... LOL YOU CAN't be serious.. .HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Yes Bush was back there and the REASON which I've already explained. .. is because it was vs. the MINN run defense. and I HARDLY consider 12 attempts 2 fumbles vs. 6 attempts a clear indication of workload dominance.

What happens to Bush's receptions when colston and shockey come back?.. cuz he sure doesn't have the running job.

2002 and 2003... SIX YEARS AGO... LOL YOU CAN't be serious.. .HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Yes Bush was back there and the REASON which I've already explained. .. is because it was vs. the MINN run defense. and I HARDLY consider 12 attempts 2 fumbles vs. 6 attempts a clear indication of workload dominance.

What happens to Bush's receptions when colston and shockey come back?.. cuz he sure doesn't have the running job.

You said Deuce doesn't catch and never did. That would include '02 and '03, d-bag.

If you'll look at the stats, Bush is getting his receptions even with Colston and Shockey healthy. He's going to get 5 receptions a game average. It's almost guaranteed.

So, Captain Capslock, what would you attribute to McAllister not having an ability to catch the football now when he clearly did previously?

Oh, and 2008 - 2003 = 5 years. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Edited by Bronco Billy

Bush is the perfect reason for using a graduated ppr. He's a gadget RB who is limited running the football. His value in FF far exceeds his value in the NFL when comparing him to other players at his position.

and yer point would be...........

that is part of the deal- this is PPR value, nothing more -

I dunno, maybe check out week 1 when Coltson and Shockey played. Guess what? Bush had EIGHT receptions in that game. For 112 yards and a TD!

Week 2 he had 7 catches with Shockey still in the line-up. Week 3 he had 11 catches with Shockey.