[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings / Saints

Outshined

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Saints blew the game at the end by not conceding a TD with 1:11 left while they had 2 timeouts as Minny was on the Saints 11. I've created another thread as this just doesn't apply to this game (happened in Broncos-Packers S.B.)

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=264572

Edited by WorstCoachingEver

Mute button broke?

PS - judas priest wt-f on Bush. Kick it outta bounds people.

On the plus side, nobody has NO defense :D

Call me crazy, but I actually picked up and played NO defense tonight based on the recommendation of the FA forecast, as I've been playing musical chairs with D all season. That move won me the game in my local (vs. the Reggie Bush owner who was :wacko: )

Doesn't matter one bit. You need to take the lead if you want to win - do you rely on a long FG by a washed up PK or do you rely on an elite QB. I know I'm right in this argument because NO lost. You're playing devils advocate for a losing outcome..... just saying. BTW, congrats on a lucky win, we will see you in two weeks where we have an elite QB of our own - Kyle 'whiskey-a-go-go' Orton.

You're speaking with the benefit of hindsight which we all know is 20/20. If Gramatica makes his kick and the Saints hold the Vikings offense (which is no juggernaut (in case you havent been paying attention)) they are probably celebrating a win right now. You can second guess the choice to attempt the FG a little bit, but it isnt fair to say you know you're right because NO lost. Payton didnt have the benefit of hindsight when he made the call.

As far as the game, I am really surprised. I will fully admit I had very little confidence that the Vikes could go into the Superdome and come out with a win. I thought the loss of EJ would hurt the defense and I really thought they would have trouble with Reggie Bush and the Saints receivers. Turned out they did have trouble with Bush on special teams, but they did enough to keep the Saints O from getting really rolling and the Saints helped them out with some mistakes.

Childress now owes Winfield 2X.

Edited by Delicious_bass

The real question is how many ff owners just lost because of that int by Brees?

I know of one. Guy I was watching the game with had Lance Moore going against Vikings D. 11 seconds left he is up 95.64-94.90. We both know the hail mary is coming. I told him he had a 50/50 shot of sack/int or incomplete pass. Brees gets picked he loses 95.64-96.90...brutal. :wacko:

Interesting side note, I needed Brees to finish with less than 17.8 points to preserve my win, totally thought I was sunk but the Bush TD retruns kept the ball out of his hands. :D

Edited by TecmoBo

OK, first off forgive me, just got home from the stupid game after drinking since 3:00pm, so I have do have a head ache....

My thoughts: The Saints whipped up on the Vikings up and down the field tonight, but came out on the wrong side of the score.

Peterson only 44yds I heard..great job D. But our (Saints) Offence; hold on to the dam ball....Brees had an average game, because he plays for an average football team..

The Vikings are not a good football team, just above the Saints. Even though they beat the Saints, all it means is we pick just ahead of them in next years draft, both teams will end up 8-8.

I don't want to blame this loss on the officials, but Hochuli crew has got to go. That is now 3 weeks that they have screwed up...Non call on the face mask...then the Saints having to throw the red flag for a pass that bounced (what looked like) 3yds in front of the receiver. NO Excuses, is this BUSH LEAGUE or the NFL....but again so was the Saints center who cannot snap the ball to the QB in the Shotgun, hell I did that in 6,7,&8 yr old football.

Peace

OK, first off forgive me, just got home from the stupid game after drinking since 3:00pm, so I have do have a head ache....

My thoughts: The Saints whipped up on the Vikings up and down the field tonight, but came out on the wrong side of the score.

Peterson only 44yds I heard..great job D. But our (Saints) Offence; hold on to the dam ball....Brees had an average game, because he plays for an average football team..

The Vikings are not a good football team, just above the Saints. Even though they beat the Saints, all it means is we pick just ahead of them in next years draft, both teams will end up 8-8.

I don't want to blame this loss on the officials, but Hochuli crew has got to go. That is now 3 weeks that they have screwed up...Non call on the face mask...then the Saints having to throw the red flag for a pass that bounced (what looked like) 3yds in front of the receiver. NO Excuses, is this BUSH LEAGUE or the NFL....but again so was the Saints center who cannot snap the ball to the QB in the Shotgun, hell I did that in 6,7,&8 yr old football.

Peace

Our offense is not that good, but cmon. 4 turnovers, 12 penalties, 13 points by your offense and ours scored 23 points. Your defense shutdown AD, but Gus and our offense did not make any mistakes.

You're speaking with the benefit of hindsight which we all know is 20/20. If Gramatica makes his kick and the Saints hold the Vikings offense (which is no juggernaut (in case you havent been paying attention)) they are probably celebrating a win right now. You can second guess the choice to attempt the FG a little bit, but it isnt fair to say you know you're right because NO lost. Payton didnt have the benefit of hindsight when he made the call.

As far as the game, I am really surprised. I will fully admit I had very little confidence that the Vikes could go into the Superdome and come out with a win. I thought the loss of EJ would hurt the defense and I really thought they would have trouble with Reggie Bush and the Saints receivers. Turned out they did have trouble with Bush on special teams, but they did enough to keep the Saints O from getting really rolling and the Saints helped them out with some mistakes.

Childress now owes Winfield 2X.

I'm not saying they should have gone for it on 4th - I'm saying that they should have tried to score a TD instead of purposely rushing 3 straight times up the middle so they can 'settle' for a 45+ yard FG. I was saying during the game, not just in hindsight. That is a bad strategy for any team let alone a team with an elite QB. This has nothing to do with hindsight, I thought this at the time and would stick by it regardless if they would have won. Gramatica has been nothing but inconsistent for the better part of the new millenium and the Aints relied on him instead of Brees - now THAT is stupid.

I'm not saying they should have gone for it on 4th - I'm saying that they should have tried to score a TD instead of purposely rushing 3 straight times up the middle so they can 'settle' for a 45+ yard FG. I was saying during the game, not just in hindsight. That is a bad strategy for any team let alone a team with an elite QB. This has nothing to do with hindsight, I thought this at the time and would stick by it regardless if they would have won. Gramatica has been nothing but inconsistent for the better part of the new millenium and the Aints relied on him instead of Brees - now THAT is stupid.

That's a very good point. Going for it on 4th, as has been suggested by others seems rash. However, when they got the ball down there and then started running it, I remember thinking, "Tell me that they're not playing for the FG here!" Setting up Gramatica for a 40+ yarder? That was where they screwed up. Not the choice to kick the FG on 4th down which was something that they pretty much had to do considering it was like 4th and 10.