[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon Edwards Owners

MrTed46

Are you guys starting him against the G-Men? I am actually going to sit him for the 1st time this year (except his bye week). I have lost complete faith in him for this season :wacko:

I am starting Engram over him.

He's actually become my WR5

Edited by MrTed46

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I have the luxury of having had B Marshall fall to me because my draft was early and it looked like he was going to miss several games. Thus, I have R Wayne, B Marshall, and Roddy White. Edwards has a long way to go to break back into my line-up.

Nope. I have the luxury of having had B Marshall fall to me because my draft was early and it looked like he was going to miss several games. Thus, I have R Wayne, B Marshall, and Roddy White. Edwards has a long way to go to break back into my line-up.

I have R Moss, Cotchery, R White, Engram ALL above B Edwards. I drafted Edwards as my #1 WR...man wha a turn of events (Got R Moss cheap in trade)

I have R Moss, Cotchery, R White, Engram ALL above B Edwards. I drafted Edwards as my #1 WR...man wha a turn of events (Got R Moss cheap in trade)

Well, for that matter, I have Berrian and Coles who I suppose are ahead of him until I see something as well.

I'm starting him with confidence hoping that offense gets better after coming off a bye. Plus his numbers can only go up at this point. They can't possibly go down. You gotta start your studs even when they start out like duds.

I usually agree with that theory but at this point in the season, some players needs to be re-classified. In this case, I think B Edwards should be moved out of "stud" category.

You gotta start your studs even when they start out like duds.

:wacko:

I think that thinking went out the window years ago.

Just because a "stud" finds a nut (like LJ did last week) once in a while, I think you have to start the guys you think will score the most points, not the stud-theory over any other logic.

For me, guys like Braylon, LJ, LT, Holt, Moss, Sjax, etc better have a good match-up, or I am considering other options with better match-ups.

Started him the first two weeks, but he's been riding pine since. I paid an arm and a leg to pick up Royal and Jackson after week 1 (we blind bid with real $$), so I've got those two plus Witten (no TE required) that I've been starting since week 3. This week, with Royal probably out, I'll activate Engram from my IR and probably start him as my WR3.

So, no, I'm more than likely not starting Edwards again this week. But, I have some other options. If you have other options, I would leave him on the bench... He's bound to break out sooner or later and have a good/great game, but there's no telling when. I decided early (after two weeks) that I wasn't going to play the game of "start him every week in case this is the week he finally scores." I would rather miss out on that week by having him on my bench than start him and consistently get nothing.

On the other hand, this week (following a bye) might be as good as any to bet on him bouncing back. If nothing else, the Browns should be forced to throw because of the Giants' defense, and the fact that they may very well be trailing.

Like I said, though, I wouldn't bench him unless you have other solid options... No sense in taking a chance on a flier this week, when Braylon is basically as good as a flier, who has proven that he has big-game potential. Personally, I'll be holding on to him just in case he turns things around in time for the fantasy playoffs.

:wacko:

I think that thinking went out the window years ago.

Just because a "stud" finds a nut (like LJ did last week) once in a while, I think you have to start the guys you think will score the most points, not the stud-theory over any other logic.

For me, guys like Braylon, LJ, LT, Holt, Moss, Sjax, etc better have a good match-up, or I am considering other options with better match-ups.

First off, Edwards has only played 4 games thus far. There are still 12 weeks to go in the season. Now maybe he continues down his path of being a bust but the guy has all the tools and has proven to play like a stud so I'll be patient and give him more time. WR's in particular are up and down so shi* happens.

Second, there is no way in hell I sit guys like LT, Moss and Sjax EVER. Holt, LJ, and Braylon sure maybe on occasion but if you're in a competitive league, I doubt you have the depth to replace high round picks with other guys especially during bye weeks. Like I said start your studs or work out a trade if possible.