[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Red River Rivalry

Sgt Ryan

so predictable -

solid analysis yet again - OU had not business being ranked, right.................

this is the best win to date homie- well done by UT

gonna be a clusterf*ck yet gain, I see a bunch of 1 L teams at the end of the season

...and hopefully , whichever 1 loss team that the BCS picks as the best will be playing an undefeated Nittany Lions team. Then, that Penn State team will do what the Buckeyes couldn't and bring some respectability back to our conference........................ :wacko: Wake up Menudo !!!!

Ah, that was an awesome dream.........

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did OU lose to the better opponent today, or was it UFOs again using their mind control powers preventing them from playing well against a good team? :wacko:

OU lost to a better opponent today. OU made some stupid penalties to extend drives for Texas, but Texas capitalized on them. I give them alot of credit. I knew this game would be tight, and I thought OU allowed Texas to stay in the game at halftime, when clearly OU badly outplayed them. In the 2nd half, OU held Texas, then went right down and scored and I thought here we go. But after that, COlt got into a rythem, and that was the difference in the 2nd half. OU didnt have the ball much in the 2nd half. Texas chewed clock and scored leaving the OU offense on the sidelines. Perfect reciple for victory for the Horns.

Id sure like to see another game like today with these 2 teams, this year.

So did OU lose to the better opponent today, or was it UFOs again using their mind control powers preventing them from playing well against a good team? :wacko:

I still think OU wins this game more times than not. But they got outplayed in the 4th quarter and deserved to lose. Tough game and Texas is in the driver's seat now.

I still think OU wins this game more times than not. But they got outplayed in the 4th quarter and deserved to lose. Tough game and Texas is in the driver's seat now.

Im not sure 22 deep, Texas has more than 3 players that would start for OU, so I agree the more talented team lost. And it sucks the way this conference is setup. This game is an elimination game of sorts for the NC. The winner has to lose twice and the loser win out, to jump into the Big 12 Champ game. Where conferences like the Pac 10 and Big 10, have Co Champions. College football is a joke on so many levels. Think if the NFL had the AFC play a Championship game to determine who goes to the Bowl, while the NFC just selected its champion by whoever won the most games in the reg season. There needs to be a playoff, and the playing field needs to be level. Tomato can conferences should be taken into consideration in rankings. Is the Big 10 more than a mid major conference this yr. That being said, we dont just vault Utah to #1, because they beat tomato cans, but Penn St could very well do that, while better teams lose to real teams. There is a reason a mid major team undefeated doesnt get that high in the polls, why doesnt the polls recognize when a so called big conference is not stronger than a mid major conference opn a given year, and vote accordingly.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Im not sure 22 deep, Texas has more than 3 players that would start for OU, so I agree the more talented team lost. And it sucks the way this conference is setup. This game is an elimination game of sorts for the NC. The winner has to lose twice and the loser win out, to jump into the Big 12 Champ game. Where conferences like the Pac 10 and Big 10, have Co Champions. College football is a joke on so many levels. Think if the NFL had the AFC play a Championship game to determine who goes to the Bowl, while the NFC just selected its champion by whoever won the most games in the reg season. There needs to be a playoff, and the playing field needs to be level. Tomato can conferences should be taken into consideration in rankings. Is the Big 10 more than a mid major conference this yr. That being said, we dont just vault Utah to #1, because they beat tomato cans, but Penn St could very well do that, while better teams lose to real teams. There is a reason a mid major team undefeated doesnt get that high in the polls, why doesnt the polls recognize when a so called big conference is not stronger than a mid major conference opn a given year, and vote accordingly.

There it is, on queue......... :wacko:

Not everyone shares your opinion. Last year has no relevance on this year, but, blowhards like you think you know everything. The fact that Ohio State got beaten soundly in NC games the last two years has nothing to do with this year's Penn State team. It's ridiculous for you to spout off that you KNOW who would beat who when you've proven time and time again that you, like everyone else, don't have a clue about it. The system does suck, I'll agree with you there, but, until this plays out, stating your opinion as fact is ridiculous.

If Penn State loses one of their remaining games, then I'll admit they were a fraud and had no business being in NC talks. I'll also say the same thing if they make the NC game and get hammered. However, if they win out and every other team has one loss, they deserve to play for the NC.

If Penn State loses one of their remaining games, then I'll admit they were a fraud . I'll also say the same thing if they make the NC game and get hammered.

You're being pretty hard on your boys IMO. If they lose 1 game they're a fraud? :wacko: I've watched Penn State a few times this year and they are for real. They are disciplined, have great line play on both sides of the ball and have beat up on every team put in front of them. Can they win out? Not sure, but even if they don't they're far from being a fraud? Don't get caught up in all the negative spin in here, the Nittany Lions have had a great year regardless if they lay an egg once before the end of the year.

Welcome to the SEC world. Looking back the SEC had Georgia last year and LSU the year prior to that sitting home for the BCS NC.

You're being pretty hard on your boys IMO. If they lose 1 game they're a fraud? :wacko: I've watched Penn State a few times this year and they are for real. They are disciplined, have great line play on both sides of the ball and have beat up on every team put in front of them. Can they win out? Not sure, but even if they don't they're far from being a fraud? Don't get caught up in all the negative spin in here, the Nittany Lions have had a great year regardless if they lay an egg once before the end of the year.

You are right, I worded that poorly. If you told me that PSU would go 12-1 and win a major bowl prior to the season, I would have been thrilled. However, now, I'm starting to have visions of them playing in a NC game, so, my expectations have changed, fair or not. (I know it isn't fair) Penn State isn't a fraud if they lose a game, but, they are also not worthy of the NC talk if they don't win out.

Not sure what co-winners of a conference has anything to do with. Each conference only gets ONE automatic bid, regardless of co-champions. And as I'm sure we all know by now, NCAA rules prohibits a conference from having a conference championship game that doesn't have at least 12 teams. It's funny, because SEC and Big 12 fans LOVE the conference championship game when it benefits them, but hate it when it hurts them. If the Big 12 DIDN'T have a conference championship game, and OU and Texas each finished 7-1. Texas would get the automatic bid due to the win heads up. So I fail to see what the complaint is. It should be that way. Texas has now earned the right to control their own destiny. Oklahoma hasn't taken care of business. I guess maybe it's the USC comparison, that because a bunch of people SAID they were good, that regardless of any results, they should automatically be in the mix. Personally, I think the rankings are right. I think given the system, the pollsters have a done a nice job of rewarding teams who win. I was happy to see Oklahoma not move down past USC. I think that would have been ridiculous.

I hate conference championships game. The game against Kansas St , our QB Jason White broke his hand, which eventually cost us a NC in the bowl. I dont think it benefits anyone, ever. Last yr Missouri was #1 entering that game, and would have been a lock to play in the NC game. In fact teams like OSU and SC who have not had to play in that type of game have been in what 4 of the past 5 NC games, losing 3 of those game. Obviously they were not the best team, and they got to the NC game by playing no one all season. While teams from the SEC and Big 12, have been knocked out of that game several times because they actually had to play the game.

And the BCS is setup to pit #1 vs #2. If OU is #2, and Texas is #3 at seasons end, who do you think plays in that game, fair or not. Happened in 2000 when Miami beat Fla St, and Fla St was ranked 1 spot higher with both teams having 1 loss. So just because one team wins a conference championship game, doesnt mean it will be ranked higher than a team that lost earlier that season, so there is no automatic bid. Its 1 vs 2 in the final BCS before the polls.

I just think college football should have a level playing field. And a playoff definately does that. For a FLA, or Texas for example to have to play an additional game when their regular season schedule is over, and must win that game to keep their ranking, and then a team like Penn St or SC is done when their regular season schedule is over, and doesnt have to win an additional game, I hardly think that is fair.

In regards to this post, Many will have a hard time with what Im about to type. But here goes.

OU lost, Texas proved to be better Saturday. That is all that really matters in this thread. I hate to say it, but I had a bad feeling about this game. I knew Texas was good and OU had to play its best to win, and clearly they didnt, and lost. Its that simple. Congrats again to Texas. Id love to see a rematch for all the marbles. That was as entertaining a game as Ive seen since the SC/Texas NC game.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

I hate conference championships game. The game against Kansas St , our QB Jason White broke his hand, which eventually cost us a NC in the bowl. I dont think it benefits anyone, ever. Last yr Missouri was #1 entering that game, and would have been a lock to play in the NC game. In fact teams like OSU and SC who have not had to play in that type of game have been in what 4 of the past 5 NC games, losing 3 of those game. Obviously they were not the best team, and they got to the NC game by playing no one all season. While teams from the SEC and Big 12, have been knocked out of that game several times because they actually had to play the game.

I just think college football should have a level playing field. And a playoff definately does that. For a FLA, or Texas for example to have to play an additional game when their regular season schedule is over, and must win that game to keep their ranking, and then a team like Penn St or SC is done when their regular season schedule is over, and doesnt have to win an additional game, I hardly think that is fair.

However, I wonder if Florida plays for the Natl Championship in 2006 without the SEC championship game victory. Without that game, it could very well have been an Ohio State - Michigan rematch.

As someone noted right after the UT/OU game... I'm sure glad that it's not a 3-game series. OU could have easily won the next two games. UT was just the better team on Saturday.

I'm hoping UT's line can get to Chase Daniel the way they got to Bradford.... and somehow lock down on Maclin (which is next to impossible). Maybe I'm not as up on Mizzou as I should be... but is their D anywhere near what OU's was (well, was supposed to be)? I'm thinking UT is able to score on Mizzou at will... and this may be a "last team with the ball wins" type of game.

And the BCS is setup to pit #1 vs #2. If OU is #2, and Texas is #3 at seasons end, who do you think plays in that game, fair or not. Happened in 2000 when Miami beat Fla St, and Fla St was ranked 1 spot higher with both teams having 1 loss. So just because one team wins a conference championship game, doesnt mean it will be ranked higher than a team that lost earlier that season, so there is no automatic bid. Its 1 vs 2 in the final BCS before the polls.

In regards to this post, Many will have a hard time with what Im about to type. But here goes.

OU lost, Texas proved to be better Saturday. That is all that really matters in this thread. I hate to say it, but I had a bad feeling about this game. I knew Texas was good and OU had to play its best to win, and clearly they didnt, and lost. Its that simple. Congrats again to Texas. Id love to see a rematch for all the marbles. That was as entertaining a game as Ive seen since the SC/Texas NC game.

Why would anyone have a problem with THAT post ???

Whats sad about that, FLA didnt look that impressive against Arkansas.

Arkansas was a pretty good team that year. Florida's offense, for the most part, didn't look that good that year. They had an adequate offense. In the SEC, defenses put pressure on Leak. Leak tended to make silly mistakes when pressure was put on him. Leak was also never comfortable in the spread offense. It was our defense that was scary that year. When Auburn beat us that year, for our only loss, Auburn's offense did not score a touchdown.

Big Ten and Pac 10 at the same time don't have the extra game to impress voters, and more importantly, because there isn't an extra game, the regular season not only ends, but there are an additional 2-3 weeks that other teams are getting national exposure. It can work both ways. For the life of me, I still don't understand why the Big Ten hasn't at least adjusted it so they finish there seasons at least on the week of thanksgiving like most everyone else. It wouldn't be hard to do. I mean USC has already had 2 byes. Why not just add a bye? No this isn't a rant about the BS excuse of the long lay off that Ohio State has had, but more a rant on the Big Ten and it's crummy scheduling.

Whats sad about that, FLA didnt look that impressive against Arkansas.

Much like last year when many thought Georgia was the best in the SEC, LSU was considered by many to be the best in the SEC at the end of the 2006 season.

I could easily see many saying the same thing this year about the Big 12 since it looks (at least right now) much more competitive than years gone by.

Much like last year when many thought Georgia was the best in the SEC, LSU was considered by many to be the best in the SEC at the end of the 2006 season.

I could easily see many saying the same thing this year about the Big 12 since it looks (at least right now) much more competitive than years gone by.

I never thought GA was that good last year either. And pummeling Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl is hardly a ringing endorsement of a top team in the SEC. While FLA punks then undefeated OSU in the NC game.