[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Westy

chodan

I don't think you have a season-ending injury on your hands, though it is one in which he will ahve to play through pain in order to have an impact.

He suffered the injury on the 2nd series of this past Sunday's game, and played through it. Chances are, he will continue to do so in the week's ahead.

Locally, the smart thinking is that he misses this week's game (@ SF, which would require him to sit thru a 5 hour flight to potentially not even play, and the fact that on paper its winnable without him if the defense can perform to its level), has a bye week, and then comes back with 3 weeks rest ready to roll Week 8. The ankle still isn't 100%, so three weeks off would help him immensely.

That being said, with the state of the NFC East, every game is a must-win for the Eagles, and if there is a chance a team-player like Westbrook can suit up, he likely will. I am sure he is thinking "If I can get thru this week, I get two weeks to rest, so might as well give it a go".

I certainly wouldn't feel so optimistic about Westy this week or moving forward. Just read this...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...t_fullback.html

The important stuff about Westy from the article-

Westbrook still hurting

Westbrook said his fractured ribs hurt only when he sneezes, turns, twists, or makes a sudden move, which would lead one to believe they'd also hurt when he gets tackled.

Yet the star running back said yesterday that he would do all he could to get ready to play Sunday against the 49ers in San Francisco.

"I'm just trying to get healthy enough to play and get to the point where the pain is not as strong and try to get out there on the field," said Westbrook, who didn't practice yesterday.

It seems to make sense for Westbrook to sit out the 49ers game, because the Eagles have a bye the next week.

For Westbrook, it seems that this season has yet to get going. He missed the game against Chicago after spraining his right ankle in the second quarter of the Pittsburgh game the week before. For the Eagles' big-play maker, the longest plays so far have been an 18-yard run and an 18-yard reception. He is averaging only 3.6 yards a carry, well below his career average of 4.7.

Westbrook said he was frustrated, but not discouraged.

"I'm going to try to stay positive and try to get this thing done," he said. "It's definitely frustrating. You want to be as healthy as possible and produce for your team. When you're out there and you keep getting injured and nicked up, it's tough to handle that type of thing."

I certainly wouldn't feel so optimistic about Westy this week or moving forward.

Westbrook is likely not a good option this week, but your opinion about him "moving forward" is a bit of a stretch. if he sits this week, and is on the bye next week, that will give him 3 weeks of rest.

Why would you be so concerned about him moving forward?

Westbrook is likely not a good option this week, but your opinion about him "moving forward" is a bit of a stretch. if he sits this week, and is on the bye next week, that will give him 3 weeks of rest.

Why would you be so concerned about him moving forward?

Let's just say that it's a gut feeling. He's just gotten nicked up a bunch this year ( I know like every other year) and even though he has some decent matchups down the line, he also has to face the Giants twice, Skins and Ravens. If I were a Westy owner trying to trade him now wouldn't be wise as the injuries drop him a bit but I would be looking to move him if the right deal came along.

he has some decent matchups down the line, he also has to face the Giants twice, Skins and Ravens. If I were a Westy owner trying to trade him now wouldn't be wise as the injuries drop him a bit but I would be looking to move him if the right deal came along.

He has 11 games remaining to be played, and you are worried about him because he has four "tough" match-ups?

Still not following your line of thinking....I'd be glad to take Westy of any nervous owner selling...you cite the downside, but based on the fact that he has indeed been plahying hurt with his All-Pro guard out (Shawn Andrews, but due back after the bye), I see a tremendous upside from his recent performance.

He has 11 games remaining to be played, and you are worried about him because he has four "tough" match-ups?

Still not following your line of thinking....I'd be glad to take Westy of any nervous owner selling...you cite the downside, but based on the fact that he has indeed been plahying hurt with his All-Pro guard out (Shawn Andrews, but due back after the bye), I see a tremendous upside from his recent performance.

Yeah, I did say he has some decent matchups down the line other than those 4 tough ones. I know he's missing Andrews, I know he's banged up and hasn't gotten into gear this season, and I know that I have no tangible reasons for why I feel the way I do. Westy is a tough football player who usually guts it out and plays through pain and again the schedule isn't awful, so I can see where you see the upside. I just have a bad feeling in my gut about him. No rhyme or reason like I said before.

Let's just say that it's a gut feeling. He's just gotten nicked up a bunch this year ( I know like every other year) and even though he has some decent matchups down the line, he also has to face the Giants twice, Skins and Ravens. If I were a Westy owner trying to trade him now wouldn't be wise as the injuries drop him a bit but I would be looking to move him if the right deal came along.

2007 Week 14 vs NYG... 154 total yards, 5 recs, 1 TD

2006 Week 15 @ NYG... 137, 5 , 1

2006 Week 2 vs NYG... 124, 7, 1

2007 Week 10 @ WAS... 183, 5, 3

2007 Week 2 vs WAS... 162, 8, 0

2006 Week 14 @ WAS... 126, 3, 0

Deal him because he's injured and you don't think he'll be 100% again this year.

Don't deal him because he plays the Giants OR Redskins OR a team of 22 Ditkas.

Edited by kingfish247

2007 Week 14 vs NYG... 154 total yards, 5 recs, 1 TD

2006 Week 15 @ NYG... 137, 5 , 1

2006 Week 2 vs NYG... 124, 7, 1

2007 Week 10 @ WAS... 183, 5, 3

2007 Week 2 vs WAS... 162, 8, 0

2006 Week 14 @ WAS... 126, 3, 0

Deal him because he's injured and you don't think he'll be 100% again this year.

Don't deal him because he plays the Giants OR Redskins OR a team of 22 Ditkas.

Good points.

I got some badly bruised ribs playing football some years back and it hurt like hell! Although they do say bruised are almost as bad as broken when it comes to the ribbies, but anyways point being I don't see how he plays! Mine were soar for a month and a half straight! They are best to let him rest. After this game they have a bye week so it seems to me if the Eagles were smart they would hold him out! Plus they have a capable back up to handle the job!

i wouldnt be worried about it except for the fact chris johnson is on a bye. ill start bush and graham but i dont have a 3rd RB to start besides kevin smith :wacko:

westbrook plays im definitely startin him though........he was hurt last week didnt have a great game and still got me 20 pts

Yes, you should be worried. He's Westbrook and he gets hurt and misses games every year. This is the very reason why I stayed away from him. Some people never learn.

Yes, you should be worried. He's Westbrook and he gets hurt and misses games every year. This is the very reason why I stayed away from him. Some people never learn.

You mean like the one game he missed last year, and the one game he missed the year before that? :wacko:

Already ruled out for Sunday, as predicted...from philadelphiaeagles.com:

Westbrook Among 4 Ruled Out For Game

October 10, 2008 | Last Updated: 10/10/08 12:25 PM ET | Comments (4)

By: BOB KENT

Running back Brian Westbrook, receiver Reggie Brown, right guard Shawn Andrews and reserve safety J.R. Reed have all been ruled out for Sunday's game in San Francisco. All four players will not travel with the team.

Meanwhile, receiver Kevin Curtis will travel and could see his first action of the season. On defense, end Juqua Parker, who did not practice this week, is expected to play Sunday.

"Brian wants to go," head coach Andy Reid said. "But I have to do what I think is best for him and the football team. I think the bye week will help him. I think it will help take some of the sting out."

Hi my name is Ted, do you want to join my league?

That depends. Is it a draft league, or a auction league? I only do auction leagues.

Say what you want about Westbrook. He's awesome when he's playing, especially in ppr leagues, but I think he get's a little too much love here. I had him a few years ago, and wound up having to start Ryan Moats in my championship game. After that, I swore off of him. Glad to say that I don't own him this year. My guys are playing this week.