[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy FF concept

Chief Dick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the parameters I am thinking about:

1. 16 team league

2. Entry fee is $50

3. One division, with each team playing the other teams once. It would then be a 15 week season.

4. Top three teams win money. Payout 100% with the deduction for league software fee.

5. WCOFF scoring.

6. Draft the following:

(2) TEAM QB

(2) TEAM RB

(2) TEAM WR

(2) TEAM TE

(2) TEAM PK

(2) TEAM D

All 32 NFL teams would be selected.

7. Starting lineup would be:

TEAM QB

TEAM RB

TEAM WR

TEAM TE

TEAM PK

TEAM D

8. No waivers. (obviously)

9. No trades.

10. Slow draft that starts July 1st on MFL. (or whatever software can accomodate the scoring system. I sent an email to MFL tonight to check)

12. All dues must be received by June 15th.

What say you everyone? And what have I missed?

The only thing I thought of (and it's a very minor issue) is that the very last team in the draft COULD potentially get stuck with a bye-week conflict, being that all teams/positions are being drafted and there are no trades. Not a big deal, but something to consider... :wacko:

The only thing I thought of (and it's a very minor issue) is that the very last team in the draft COULD potentially get stuck with a bye-week conflict, being that all teams/positions are being drafted and there are no trades. Not a big deal, but something to consider... :wacko:

Hadn't thought of that. I think that would actually make the draft really interesting.

Here are the parameters I am thinking about:

1. 16 team league

2. Entry fee is $50

3. One division, with each team playing the other teams once. It would then be a 15 week season.

4. Top three teams win money. Payout 100% with the deduction for league software fee.

5. WCOFF scoring.

6. Draft the following:

(2) TEAM QB

(2) TEAM RB

(2) TEAM WR

(2) TEAM TE

(2) TEAM PK

(2) TEAM D

All 32 NFL teams would be selected.

7. Starting lineup would be:

TEAM QB

TEAM RB

TEAM WR

TEAM TE

TEAM PK

TEAM D

8. No waivers. (obviously)

9. No trades.

10. Slow draft that starts July 1st on MFL. (or whatever software can accomodate the scoring system. I sent an email to MFL tonight to check)

12. All dues must be received by June 15th.

What say you everyone? And what have I missed?

So after 15 weeks it's over, no playoffs. If that's the case what determines the winners overall win % or total points. and if it's overall win% what are the tiebreakers H2H or total points. :wacko: this needs to be address

So after 15 weeks it's over, no playoffs. If that's the case what determines the winners overall win % or total points. and if it's overall win% what are the tiebreakers H2H or total points. :wacko: this needs to be address

Basically goes by best record, head to head. We can establish tie breakers rules later.

The idea is there is little maintenance to the league.

A 15 week season almost assures a team won't have rested players by their respective NFL teams. I would see tiebreakers to be:

1. Head to head

2. Points for minus points against

3. Total points scored for season

4. Largest peener.

I've used this format of one division in my local for years, and it works great. Usually works out that up to week fifteen 3/4 of the league still has an outside chance at winning some money.

Edited by Chief Dick

I'd be interested as well.

btw, MFL has a scoring option for those on BYE: " "Bye Week Carryover Points" are points that are awarded to a player the week he is on bye. If "Yes" is selected, that player is awarded the same number of points he had in the previous NFL week."

Could make that interesting.

No thought of having a playoff?

Just throwing some ideas out there;

What about throwing in a few doubleheader games?

Here is a new twist = everybody in the playoffs with a double elimination. Would have to start it around week 12.

Playoffs

Week 12 = 16 games

Week 13 = 4 games undefeated

Week 13 = 4 games loser bracket

Week 14 = 1 game undefeated

Week 14 = 1 game loser bracket

Week 15 = Championship

Week 16 = Chanpionship game 2 if necesssary

Once eliminated, losers will still play each week to determine draft position for next year.

The whole idea of this league is REALLY low maintenance. Not only for the league members but the commish as well.

So, it will be a 16 team league with no playoffs. Reasoning:

1. 16 team vs 32. With a 16 team league an owner could at least have a backup at each position. So you would have some choice.

2. No playoffs. I don't want to maintain it and set up playoff brackets, etc.

3. 16 team league is easy in this format. You play 15 weeks, so you play everyone once. That's about as fair as it gets.

No thought of having a playoff?

Just throwing some ideas out there;

What about throwing in a few doubleheader games?

Here is a new twist = everybody in the playoffs with a double elimination. Would have to start it around week 12.

Playoffs

Week 12 = 16 games

Week 13 = 4 games undefeated

Week 13 = 4 games loser bracket

Week 14 = 1 game undefeated

Week 14 = 1 game loser bracket

Week 15 = Championship

Week 16 = Chanpionship game 2 if necesssary

Once eliminated, losers will still play each week to determine draft position for next year.

Too much work for me. :wacko:

This is a low maintenance league.

Too much work for me. :D

This is a low maintenance league.

+1

I think all of the ideas mentioned are interesting, but I like your "original" concept the best by itself. All sixteen owners draft two teams at each position. That by itself would make for a very interesting draft, in my opinion.

I do not like the idea that someone can purposely draft all teams with the same bye week, and basically take an L one week in order to have the most competitive team for the rest of the weeks. I think you should have to field a "lineup" each week, to make things even for everyone. But, I guess if someone really wants to, that's up to them. :wacko: