[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy FF concept

Chief Dick

The whole idea of this league is REALLY low maintenance. Not only for the league members but the commish as well.

So, it will be a 16 team league with no playoffs. Reasoning:

1. 16 team vs 32. With a 16 team league an owner could at least have a backup at each position. So you would have some choice.

2. No playoffs. I don't want to maintain it and set up playoff brackets, etc.

3. 16 team league is easy in this format. You play 15 weeks, so you play everyone once. That's about as fair as it gets.

CD,

If there is enough interest for 32 owners, I don't see much more work to have 2 identical leagues and rules and have one playoff game in week 16 for the overall winners of each league.

What am I missing here?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CD,

If there is enough interest for 32 owners, I don't see much more work to have 2 identical leagues and rules and have one playoff game in week 16 for the overall winners of each league.

What am I missing here?

I like it. Two division of 16 teams each Black and Blue eg. Winners of each league go to the superbowl. I like it.

In fact we can get it started in week 8 for a test round. We go for 7 weeks and have the super bowl in week 16. That way we can work out the kinks before next year.

What do you say guys. Let's do a mock league this year starting in two weeks. I think we can get it done. Right.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Once again, this is a low maintenance league. I'm not gong to set up 2 divisions, and set up a playoffs, etc. Have I not made that point clear enough?

Also, MFL does not support the scoring. They sent me an email saying they will look into it for next year. So I can prod them in the offseason to set it up. And you can be darn sure I'm not calculating this by hand.

I'm just not going to bust my ass for the next 2 weeks to try to get this going for this year. And I'm not too concerned about ironing out kinks: this is about the easiest concept in the world to execute. And while there is a lot of interest now, when push comes to shove interest always seems to wain when it's time to make a full commitment. The offseason gives us time to settle on 16 guys/gals.

Once again, this is a low maintenance league. I'm not gong to set up 2 divisions, and set up a playoffs, etc. Have I not made that point clear enough?

Also, MFL does not support the scoring. They sent me an email saying they will look into it for next year. So I can prod them in the offseason to set it up. And you can be darn sure I'm not calculating this by hand.

I'm just not going to bust my ass for the next 2 weeks to try to get this going for this year. And I'm not too concerned about ironing out kinks: this is about the easiest concept in the world to execute. And while there is a lot of interest now, when push comes to shove interest always seems to wain when it's time to make a full commitment. The offseason gives us time to settle on 16 guys/gals.

With you all the way CD.