[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are any huddlers in leagus that do not allow any trades?

Big Ernie McCracken

I'd hate to be part of a league that does not allow trading.

ETA: I am usually involved in lopsiddes trades (on both ends). If I have a losing record I usually tend to take "risks" and give up alot of certain players to try to turn my season around. On the other side, I always prey on people who have a losing record and are willing to take risks. I see nothing wrong with this as anyone could approach anyone. I am not colluding, rather taking advantage of certain circumstances (or try to). IMO this is what makes it more fun and strategic (I usually go for strong depth in a particular position for future trade posibilities).

Edited by MrTed46

I'm also in WCOFF with no trades...

It's a very different experience...starting with your draft. Whereas you might draft best available player in a league with trading, knowing you can make a move later on to a team with weakness in that area, you cannot afford to do that in a league like WCOFF because there are enough teams and big enough rosters that the waiver wire is not a place you are going to find a lot of starters.

I don't particularly like it, I find trading a critical part of my enjoyment of Fantasy Football. Also I think (and am already seeing this in WCOFF) if a team is losing and cannot make trades to take risks and get better, they are more likely to quit...we've got 2 teams in our WCOFF league that haven't made roster moves since week 3 and its mostly injury/talent based and I think it's fair to assume they've given up.

WashD

My local (in one form or another) has been no-trades for like 15 years. It's a much, much, much better way to play fantasy football. Not only is it easier to incorporate less-savvy friends and family (more fun) without fear of them getting eaten alive by the sharks in the league (and screwing you), but I also find it is harder to call your shots in August and win in December. With an 18-man roster and one or two dropp/add periods, everyone can be competitive, but the cream rises to the top.

Besides, for me a huge chunk of the fun is being able to say, "I won with MY GUYS". The players I'd really want on my team if I really had a franchise. Last year, I was very high on Tom Brady, so I went in thinking I'd pay whatever it took to get him on my team. I did, and I won it all. This year, I thought he was due for a return to his career norm, so I elected not to keep him. The owner that paid through the nose for him is bust, and I'm on top of the league again. It takes less skill to be competitive with no trades, but it takes much more skill to win consistently.

Peace

policy

I'm in 3 leagues and none have trades.

Saves a lot of trouble/controversy.

Sometimes wish we had them when you end up 4 deep at RB and

short at WR or the like but than I remember all the arguments caused

by trades in the baseball leagues and decide it's easier that way.

My main local has no trades and I really like it as well. I'm in some other leagues where there are trades and I don't have a major issue with that either but I personally prefer no trades. IThat way nobody can whine and complain about someone else ripping someone off. There is never any quesiton about collusion. Plus as Policy stated, there is something about winning with your guys. Just my opinion.

My local (in one form or another) has been no-trades for like 15 years. It's a much, much, much better way to play fantasy football. Not only is it easier to incorporate less-savvy friends and family (more fun) without fear of them getting eaten alive by the sharks in the league (and screwing you), but I also find it is harder to call your shots in August and win in December. With an 18-man roster and one or two dropp/add periods, everyone can be competitive, but the cream rises to the top.

Besides, for me a huge chunk of the fun is being able to say, "I won with MY GUYS". The players I'd really want on my team if I really had a franchise. Last year, I was very high on Tom Brady, so I went in thinking I'd pay whatever it took to get him on my team. I did, and I won it all. This year, I thought he was due for a return to his career norm, so I elected not to keep him. The owner that paid through the nose for him is bust, and I'm on top of the league again. It takes less skill to be competitive with no trades, but it takes much more skill to win consistently.

Peace

policy

As much as enjoy trading (rarely do I go a season without at least making one) I'm starting to fall more in line with this way of thinking. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

I recently quit my main basketball, football and baseball leagues because of continuing lopsided trades. I will be starting a few new leagues soon that will all be no-trade leagues. I'm tired of having the best team throughout the entire season just to have someone's brother or roommate trade them a championship at the deadline.

It's a tough situation. We are a pretty tightly knit group and removing the problem owners would splinter the league beyond repair probably.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, but is playing in a league that gets compromised because of unfair trades worth it? Kinda seems like that would get old fast, regardless of the situation.

A league with no trades? That would be like going to a brothel that insists upon abstinence (or a Hooters). :D

:wacko:

I agree. Trades give opportunities to make teams better. I see nothing wrong with it as long as there is no collusion. If I need to win from here on out to make playoffs and win $$$$ then I will make trades and take risky players. We are all in it to win it.

I recently made a trade R Moss and jamal for TO. Yahoo makes league members complain to the commish which apparently 4-5 of them did. I assured the commish there was no collusion then showed him the rest of the year ranks to validate why the trade wasn't a rip-off and won't swing the league.

I shouldn't have to do that though...

I recently made a trade R Moss and jamal for TO. Yahoo makes league members complain to the commish which apparently 4-5 of them did. I assured the commish there was no collusion then showed him the rest of the year ranks to validate why the trade wasn't a rip-off and won't swing the league.

I shouldn't have to do that though...

For some reason when people see a trade they throw a fit saying its unfair without evaluating team record and needs of the two parties. Also, they hate when someone makes their team stronger.

For some reason when people see a trade they throw a fit saying its unfair without evaluating team record and needs of the two parties. Also, they hate when someone makes their team stronger.

yup

If you are deep in depth, why not make a few upgrades? They wish they were as savvy

I've been running my 12 man league for 10 years now, but we've only been trading for the last 6 yrs......the first 4 years were the good ol'newspaper days, phone called in line-ups and waiver picks, and no trades.....ahhhhh memories of the stone age.

But anyways......we put all trades to a vote. 7 "no" votes and a trade is declined. If it is 6 to 6 then it goes to commissioner approval, and I never decline trades. I've read a lot of opinions on here from both sides and agree that people should be able to run the team that they paid their money to run. Most people in here talk about how they play with friends or people they've played with for a long time.....if you're afraid they're trying to cheat, then don't ask them back. It's just that simple. the guys in my league like to win the money, but believe me it's more about pride than anything.

Msot of the people that b@tch about trades are the ones that are either too afraid to do it themselves or are pissed off that someone beat them to the punch.

I've been running my 12 man league for 10 years now, but we've only been trading for the last 6 yrs......the first 4 years were the good ol'newspaper days, phone called in line-ups and waiver picks, and no trades.....ahhhhh memories of the stone age.

But anyways......we put all trades to a vote. 7 "no" votes and a trade is declined. If it is 6 to 6 then it goes to commissioner approval, and I never decline trades. I've read a lot of opinions on here from both sides and agree that people should be able to run the team that they paid their money to run. Most people in here talk about how they play with friends or people they've played with for a long time.....if you're afraid they're trying to cheat, then don't ask them back. It's just that simple. the guys in my league like to win the money, but believe me it's more about pride than anything.

Msot of the people that b@tch about trades are the ones that are either too afraid to do it themselves or are pissed off that someone beat them to the punch.

I don't like your voting on trades set up but I totally agree with your philosophy on accepting all trades and letting owners be responsible for their own teams.

Out of 11 leagues, i'm in 1 that doesn't allow trading. It's my main local and also my big money league. We used to have trades a little over 3 years ago. They were voted out because everyone whined, when even the slightest bit of an advantage went to 1 team or the other (It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! did they think trades were for?). Whille i agree that if you have a deep roster it may be a little easier to swallow no trading but we only have a 14 man roster with position limits to boot. I despise having to rely on the waiver wire if i have a need due to injury or bye week, especially if i have a good team. We use reverse order and that penalizes me for being good. I usually draft pretty well in this league but it's impossible to hit a homerun at every position. Every year i'll hit big with my RB's or WR's but never usually both, so it would be nice to be able to upgrade at 1 position using the depth i have at other spots.

I believe that people who don't like trading are too lazy, scared or jealous of the teams that do. If there is no trading they don't have to look bad or feel bad when they can't pull the trigger.