[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Seahawks week

Randall

Seattle Seahawks week: Thursday practice report

By Tom Silverstein

Thursday, Oct 9 2008, 12:41 PM

Green Bay -- Quarterback Aaron Rodgers was on the field with his shoulder pads on, but he took part only in the walk-through portion of practice and did not throw as the Packers hit the field for their second practice of the week.

The plan was for the doctors to evaluate Rodgers after a strenuous rehab workout Wednesday and see whether he was ready to throw today. Apparently, they decided to wait another day. Rodgers looked loose and excited about being at practice and caught balls from the other quarterbacks during individual drills.

Coach Mike McCarthy will address the injury situation after practice. As for the rest of the workout, held outside in sunny but windy conditions on Clarke Hinkle Field:

-- Rookie running back Kregg Lumpkin (hamstring) returned to practice for the first time since suffering his injury against Dallas. He was in pads and running at full speed, so it's likely he took part in the full practice that the media doesn't get to watch.

-- Safety Atari Bigby (hamstring) didn't make it back today. He tested the injury this week but apparently the medical staff didn't think he was ready to come back, so he watched practice in sweats.

-- Tackle Chad Clifton (hamstring) took part in the jog-through portion of practice and seemed to be moving OK. He took snaps with the No. 1 unit. It still isn't a given that he will start Sunday.

-- Ends Jason Hunter (hamstring), end Mike Montgomery (ankle) and receiver James Jones (knee) did not take part in any drills.

-- Nose tackle Ryan Pickett (knee) took part in the jog-through and cornerback Charles Woodson (toe) and linebacker A.J. Hawk were present before all left for rehab.

At least we aren't the only ones going into this banged up. I am awfully awfully worried about this week's game. For a defense that gives up big plays, seeing Greg Jennings waltz into town is about enough to induce a heart attack, especially in a must-win situation.

At least the focus on this one won't be about the Packers/Seahawks/Favre/Holmgren thing. We can concentrate solely on trying to win this football game.

At least we aren't the only ones going into this banged up. I am awfully awfully worried about this week's game. For a defense that gives up big plays, seeing Greg Jennings waltz into town is about enough to induce a heart attack, especially in a must-win situation.

At least the focus on this one won't be about the Packers/Seahawks/Favre/Holmgren thing. We can concentrate solely on trying to win this football game.

And creating a lot of fan noise. :wacko:

I'm sure the refs will screw the seahawks out of a win :wacko:

.....Green Bay fans can only hope the refs are as generous to a different blue-collar town; screw those latte-sippin' tech weenies.

whats your out look on hasselbeck the rest of the year? i understand he is a little banged up and all but i was wondering if he can still put up qb1 numbers for the rest of the way.....i can only see him improving going foward...i think

Can he get worse? :wacko:

Past history surely points towards Hasselbeck and the passing game improving at some point. Scary situation, as neither Hasselbeck or Wallace were able to practice today. I am the only person that I have talked to that believes in this...but I don't discount the "lame duck coach" scenario as much as everyone else seems to, especially if things continue to worsen. I think it is possible that Mike Holmgren is one loss at home this weekend away from losing this team. I also think it is entirely possible that the Seahawks lose this weekend and still sneak into the playoffs. The one thing about the Holmgren era in Seattle is that the Seahawks always make it interesting. They blow games they have locked up, win games they have no business winning, come out flat too often, and all points in between. They have rallied into the playoffs and have had to back in when they should have had the division locked up. Personally, I think it is pretty obvious the Seahawks are mediocre. Then again, the Seahawks have turned it on when nobody saw it coming a good handful of times during the Holmgren era. Here's to hoping they prove me wrong, starting with this weekend. (sorry for the tangent)

Past history surely points towards Hasselbeck and the passing game improving at some point. Scary situation, as neither Hasselbeck or Wallace were able to practice today. I am the only person that I have talked to that believes in this...but I don't discount the "lame duck coach" scenario as much as everyone else seems to, especially if things continue to worsen. I think it is possible that Mike Holmgren is one loss at home this weekend away from losing this team. I also think it is entirely possible that the Seahawks lose this weekend and still sneak into the playoffs. The one thing about the Holmgren era in Seattle is that the Seahawks always make it interesting. They blow games they have locked up, win games they have no business winning, come out flat too often, and all points in between. They have rallied into the playoffs and have had to back in when they should have had the division locked up. Personally, I think it is pretty obvious the Seahawks are mediocre. Then again, the Seahawks have turned it on when nobody saw it coming a good handful of times during the Holmgren era. Here's to hoping they prove me wrong, starting with this weekend. (sorry for the tangent)

It's actually good synopsis of things. I expect that they will win on Sunday. Unless they lose.

Seattle is a team in termoil with multiple injuries to even the marginal players. This is not only a year of the "lame duck coach", it is the first year of rebuilding. I see no upside for Seattle this year. Hass has no one that can hold onto the ball or run decent routes and even if he did he is playing with physical problems that should be rested. The def is playing way below the standards expected and doesn't look to get better anytime soon.

Green Bay should stomp because Seattle has no answer to anything and Homegrins has pretty much lost the team. Welcome to mediocrity Seattle.

Those from Seatte with rose colored galsses may now pile on and defend an indefensible position.

Seattle is a team in termoil with multiple injuries to even the marginal players. This is not only a year of the "lame duck coach", it is the first year of rebuilding. I see no upside for Seattle this year. Hass has no one that can hold onto the ball or run decent routes and even if he did he is playing with physical problems that should be rested. The def is playing way below the standards expected and doesn't look to get better anytime soon.

Green Bay should stomp because Seattle has no answer to anything and Homegrins has pretty much lost the team. Welcome to mediocrity Seattle.

Those from Seatte with rose colored galsses may now pile on and defend an indefensible position.

Grant did well(minus the fumbles last year). It may be his breakout game.

LIke I said, Seattle has looked this bad before, only to turn it on out of nowhere. That is the only hope we have left.

That is the only hope we have left.

:wacko: Been there, done that, no t-shirt, so I understand. The people next door feel the same way you do about Seattle. They keep telling me things will get better.... but then they watched the game last weekend and I'm almost sure I saw a towel ready to be thrown in. :D