[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Curtis?

Bronco Billy

From today's Philly Inquirer:

Wide receiver Kevin Curtis, who has not played this season, worked with the scout team and regular offense.

Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said that Curtis "is close" to being ready.

"He is feeling pretty good," Mornhinweg said. "He felt pretty good yesterday; he is feeling pretty good today. . . . He is a day-to-day situation."

Gut feel says they hold him out this week, let him rwork another two weeks (Eagles on the bye Week 7), and he is ready to roll Week 8 vs. Atlanta.

From today's Philly Inquirer:

Wide receiver Kevin Curtis, who has not played this season, worked with the scout team and regular offense.

Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said that Curtis "is close" to being ready.

"He is feeling pretty good," Mornhinweg said. "He felt pretty good yesterday; he is feeling pretty good today. . . . He is a day-to-day situation."

Gut feel says they hold him out this week, let him rwork another two weeks (Eagles on the bye Week 7), and he is ready to roll Week 8 vs. Atlanta.

Thanks, schwam.

That he's still running some with the scout team points towards limited action at best this week.

Edited by Bronco Billy

i thought I read yesterday that he practed in full?

Yup, you sure did.

Thu, Oct 9 Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Kevin Curtis (hernia) practiced in full Thursday, Oct. 9.

(KFFL)

Wed, Oct 8 Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Kevin Curtis (hernia) practiced in full Wednesday, Oct. 8.

(KFFL)

Yup, you sure did.

Thu, Oct 9 Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Kevin Curtis (hernia) practiced in full Thursday, Oct. 9.

(KFFL)

Wed, Oct 8 Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Kevin Curtis (hernia) practiced in full Wednesday, Oct. 8.

(KFFL)

That's encouraging and sounds like he will play. I'm assuming if he does play, he'll get limited snaps.

Yes, he participated in practice in full...but with the scout team. He only ran a few reps with the starting offense. But the good news is, he was able to complete practice in good shape, pain-free.

He'll likely be listed as questionable, and if he is activated, only play in 3-4 WR sets. the concensus here is that he sits another week, gets thru the bye, and comes back starting ahead of DeSean Jackson Week 8 (Jackson will be moved to his natural slot position).

While Jackson got off to a hot start, teams are learning they can jam him at the line, and he is taking his rookie lumps learning how to get open in press-coverage....his effectiveness has decreased each an every week lined-up as a #1. He will be much more dangerous lined up in spaces where he has some room.

I guess you could talk yourself into that....though the Eagles played the first two games of the year without both Brown and Curtis, so I doubt it really affects their thinking.

The bigger plus is that the Eagles announced the Westy, Brown, and Andrews won't be making the trip west today....but no mention of Curtis, so it does indeed look like he'll see his first action of the year.

from philadelphiaeagles.com:

Westbrook Among 4 Ruled Out For Game

October 10, 2008 | Last Updated: 10/10/08 12:25 PM ET | Comments (4)

By: BOB KENT

Running back Brian Westbrook, receiver Reggie Brown, right guard Shawn Andrews and reserve safety J.R. Reed have all been ruled out for Sunday's game in San Francisco. All four players will not travel with the team.

Meanwhile, receiver Kevin Curtis will travel and could see his first action of the season. On defense, end Juqua Parker, who did not practice this week, is expected to play Sunday.

"Brian wants to go," head coach Andy Reid said. "But I have to do what I think is best for him and the football team. I think the bye week will help him. I think it will help take some of the sting out."