[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polls / Rankings

BS Miscreant

OU beats Texas in OT or on a last second FG or even Texas has the ball late with a chance to win but doesn't...

How far does #5 Texas drop in the polls after losing a close game to the #1 team in the country?

or

Same scenarios but OU loses...

A loss give them 1 loss, yes, but how many unbeaten teams do they fall behind?

Does a close loss in that game basically make both teams top 5 regardless of the winner/loser?

OU beats Texas in OT or on a last second FG or even Texas has the ball late with a chance to win but doesn't...

How far does #5 Texas drop in the polls after losing a close game to the #1 team in the country?

or

Same scenarios but OU loses...

A loss give them 1 loss, yes, but how many unbeaten teams do they fall behind?

Does a close loss in that game basically make both teams top 5 regardless of the winner/loser?

If Texas loses my I bet they fall further than USC did...

If Texas loses my I bet they fall further than USC did...

So if Texas loses in a close game they drop 8 spots? USC got beat by an unranked team and would've dropped more if not for 3 other top 10 teams losing that week.

Why would you "bet" that?

Edited by BS Miscreant

I guess the score of the game as well as the results of how the other Top 8 teams do this weekend but assuming a 7 point loss by each team I believe OU will drop to #7 and Texas would drop to #9 or #10. A Texas loss would not drop them as far as a OU loss would because OU is expected to win.

Edited by theprofessor

in OT or on a last second FG or even Team X has the ball late with a chance to win but doesn't...

What I'm looking for is not where you think they will end up but where you believe a team should end up given the above or similar scenarios.

In the spirit of how this whole mess works, I believe a 1 loss team should fall behind all reasonable unbeatens (pretty much the enitre top 10 assuming they all win this weekend).

HOWEVER...

Texas, for example, is already ranked higher than Penn St, T Tech and BYU so I would contend that a very close, well played loss to the #1 team in the country might oughta keep them right where they are. After all, losing a tough one to a team that is a full TD favorite to beat you anyway shouldn't diminish what every thinks of you going in to the game. In fact, some of us may come out this game thinking that Texas is even better than we thought, even if they lose.

Flip side of all this...

If OU lose, with 1 loss, should they drop out of the top 10 if all others win this weekend? I think a close OU loss should drop them no further than a couple spots behind wherever Texas ends up.