[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston WILL Play this week

Brentastic

I know there is another thread but figured this deserved it's own thread. Just saw on NFL network that Colston will play this week vs OAK. No link just a quick blurb by Derrin Horton on the network. He may have some rust but you gotta start him. Now if I can just get Shockey back too, all will seem ok.

I know there is another thread but figured this deserved it's own thread. Just saw on NFL network that Colston will play this week vs OAK. No link just a quick blurb by Derrin Horton on the network. He may have some rust but you gotta start him. Now if I can just get Shockey back too, all will seem ok.

First off, great Jerry icon....!! but, gotta refute your 'gotta start him' statement.....!! IF Colston does play this weekend, how much do you think he actually plays (personally, doubt he cracks the line up)....ONLY way I start him if he is running wind sprints Sunday morning....sorry, but til I see him going hard, no way 'gotta start him'....

First off, great Jerry icon....!! but, gotta refute your 'gotta start him' statement.....!! IF Colston does play this weekend, how much do you think he actually plays (personally, doubt he cracks the line up)....ONLY way I start him if he is running wind sprints Sunday morning....sorry, but til I see him going hard, no way 'gotta start him'....

I understand your hesitation but I gotta assume most people spent about a 2nd or 3rd rounder on him in a PPR and for that kind of money, if he's playing you gotta start him. I'm more worried about him shaking the rust than him going hard. This guy is a gamer and he's coming off a relatively minor injury IMO. Yes, a thumb is important but it wasn't a knee or ankle. If he's playing I don't think he will just be a decoy - I mean if he's on the field then NO will use him.

How will windsprints prove to me that his thumb is ok? I've heard that he has kept in great shape while rehabbing the thumb.

If he ran on his hands this week I will start him, but I read that he will be involved in 3 and 4 WR sets....To me that means he is not starting.

That was speculation on the announcer's part...he said that Colston 'could be involved in 3 and 4 WR sets'...probably not going to know for sure until the game is underway...

Hey what do you guys think of this trade involving Colston? I would be giving Roy Williams, Steelers D, & Greg Camarillo. I would be getting Colston, Torry Holt, & Mike Pittman. Do you guys think I'm gettin a good deal???? Should I pull the trigger????

Neither Colston nor Saints coach Sean Payton went as far today as to say the Saints' top receiver will play Sunday, but both seemed confident Colston was ready to suit up. "(The thumb) actually feels a lot better than I expected it to," Colston said. "I really don't feel it out there and I'm catching the ball well. I really don't feel like I'm catching the ball any different."

cbs

I personally don't know if I'm gonna be playing Colston. I don't see him going across the middle that much for fear of hurting the thumb this week. He probably wont be in when they are running the ball so the team will pick up on that and know that they are passing when he is in the game. This could all be a ploy by the Saints to force the Raiders to spread their concentration out. Instead of coming up with a game plan that doesnt involve Colston they now have to come up with one that does and doesn't involve him. Plus if he is out there he will probably be going against asomugha who is a very very good db. If you're light on WR then yea give him a shot but he's a not guaranteed start, even if you drafted him using a second round pick. Playing a guy because of where you drafted him might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard especially going into the sixth week.

I personally don't know if I'm gonna be playing Colston. I don't see him going across the middle that much for fear of hurting the thumb this week. He probably wont be in when they are running the ball so the team will pick up on that and know that they are passing when he is in the game. This could all be a ploy by the Saints to force the Raiders to spread their concentration out. Instead of coming up with a game plan that doesnt involve Colston they now have to come up with one that does and doesn't involve him. Plus if he is out there he will probably be going against asomugha who is a very very good db. If you're light on WR then yea give him a shot but he's a not guaranteed start, even if you drafted him using a second round pick. Playing a guy because of where you drafted him might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard especially going into the sixth week.

Yeah, well his draft position wasn't really the point of my earlier post - the point is that he is a top 5 WR who is helathy and playing, therefore I'm starting him. What's dumb is trying to speculate on if he will be afraid of going across the middle in fear of hurting his thumb, or speculating that he won't be in on running plays - that's really about the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread. NO needs a win and he is their best WR, therefore he is a must start if playing (which apparently he is (playing)). Or I could break it down this way - IIF([colston status]="playing","must start","bench")

Yeah, well his draft position wasn't really the point of my earlier post - the point is that he is a top 5 WR who is helathy and playing, therefore I'm starting him. What's dumb is trying to speculate on if he will be afraid of going across the middle in fear of hurting his thumb, or speculating that he won't be in on running plays - that's really about the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread. NO needs a win and he is their best WR, therefore he is a must start if playing (which apparently he is (playing)). Or I could break it down this way - IIF([colston status]="playing","must start","bench")

Brent, I'm starting him, too. He says his thumb feels fine. That's good enough for me.

By the way, I like your music. It has a nice vibe.

What's dumb is trying to speculate on if he will be afraid of going across the middle in fear of hurting his thumb, or speculating that he won't be in on running plays - that's really about the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread. NO needs a win and he is their best WR, therefore he is a must start if playing (which apparently he is (playing)).

You must not watch that much football cause last time I checked you need your hands to block and I highly doubt they are gonna be asking Colston to risk slowing his recovery by asking him to block a db downfield. And just because he's playing doesn't mean he's healthy. And I was not talking about his fear, cause I thought the coaches called the plays and they wont be calling plays over the middle for him just yet.

You must not watch that much football cause last time I checked you need your hands to block and I highly doubt they are gonna be asking Colston to risk slowing his recovery by asking him to block a db downfield. And just because he's playing doesn't mean he's healthy. And I was not talking about his fear, cause I thought the coaches called the plays and they wont be calling plays over the middle for him just yet.

He doesn't have to be in on blocking plays. I expect about 12-15 plays.

You must not watch very much football. :wacko: Not every player plays every play.

:wacko:

I think not.