[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan

Menudo

Matt Ryan is developing nicely. He has an accurate arm and seems to make very solid decisions for a rookie QB. I see big things for this kid in the future, and I'm guessing he's never even been to a dog fight, let alone funded one. The Ryan to Roddy White connection could develop into a very good one. I'm impressed. :wacko:

So far this season is beyond all expectations here in Atlanta. The buzz around the team is very positive. A complete 180 from last year.

There should be some positive buzz around them. They are definitely heading in the right direction.

In a BOTH keeper league I needed both a future star RB and QB in our rookie draft and I chose Matt Ryan with the 6th pick. I could have had Chris Johnson or Felix Jones, and to be honest, I wasn't sold at the time on C. Johnson because of size-the draft was even before pre-season games.

I chose Ryan since it takes longer for QBs to develop than RBs and my QBs are frail, and no spring chicken McNabb, and the questionable future of Derick Anderson. I also picked up Orton before the season started who was the only possible starting QB on the WW.

I hope Ryan is for real.

This kid reminds me of Roethlisberger in his rookie year. He's learning but you can just sense something special is there. What's great as an Atlanta fan, is that you don't foresee a road in the future where it goes to his head either. He's more P.Manning in that regard. He just wants to get better and better...his drive to be the best at his position is what makes this kid!

And a job well done to the new staff that drafted him, regardless of the "nay" say'ers that thought the Falcons were wasting their draft pick! :wacko:

Edited by millerx

In a BOTH keeper league I needed both a future star RB and QB in our rookie draft and I chose Matt Ryan with the 6th pick. I could have had Chris Johnson or Felix Jones, and to be honest, I wasn't sold at the time on C. Johnson because of size-the draft was even before pre-season games.

I chose Ryan since it takes longer for QBs to develop than RBs and my QBs are frail, and no spring chicken McNabb, and the questionable future of Derick Anderson. I also picked up Orton before the season started who was the only possible starting QB on the WW.

I hope Ryan is for real.

+1 - I had the same spot in the NORRIS draft this year. I took a gamble and traded down to #11 where I got Ryan. I was in dire need of a QB, but before the draft knew that I didn't want to trade F Jones but basically did anyways. So far, so good because Felix looks too legit to quit as well.

ryan went 26 yards in 9 seconds to put the falcons in FG range for the win. not bad for a rook.

Correction. He only had 6 seconds to make that last pass and it was complete bull. He got a little help from the home clock operator. On both the kick off return and the pass. It took the clock operator at least 2 seconds to start the clock. Come on already, how does anybody advance the ball that far with only 11 seconds left in the game on a squib kick which was ran for about 20 yards laterally and then a long bomb all the way dwon the field. If the game was played anywhere else, Bears would of won. :wacko:

Correction. He only had 6 seconds to make that last pass and it was complete bull. He got a little help from the home clock operator. On both the kick off return and the pass. It took the clock operator at least 2 seconds to start the clock. Come on already, how does anybody advance the ball that far with only 11 seconds left in the game on a squib kick which was ran for about 20 yards laterally and then a long bomb all the way dwon the field. If the game was played anywhere else, Bears would of won. :wacko:

I'm as big a Bears fan on the board, and I say that's bull. We blew a coverage we had no business blowing and it cost us. Good for the Falcons, and don't sound like a sore loser. We're still winning the division.

That loss must leave a bitter taste in your mouth... I was shocked at the final pass and wondered about it myself, but having re-watched it with TIVO, believe it or not, it WAS legit. Both when clock started on the snap, and when the clock was stopped going out of bounds on the catch. Stunning! Now as for the onside kick, I did see when the clock started, but did take note of when the clock was stopped on the tackle, which WAS 6 seconds left. You also have to keep in mind that the clock does NOT start until the ball is touched after the kick...so...SUCK IT UP! Take your lumps like a man, and give credit to a team that dominated the Bears for most of the game anyway.

ETA: Didn't see it in time, but that is mighty honorable of you Pope Flick! And had it not been for the fortunate luck of a bad defense formation call, and the bears had won the game, I would have been saying the same about the Falcons, they screwed up and almost cost themselves the game because of dumb defensive play.

Edited by millerx

I'm as big a Bears fan on the board, and I say that's bull. We blew a coverage we had no business blowing and it cost us. Good for the Falcons, and don't sound like a sore loser. We're still winning the division.

Sorry buddy, I just watched it 5 times. Bears were robbed a game. The clock was absolutely off by a minimum of a second to 2. Ryan takes 3 steps back, throws a 26 yard rainbow. Reciever catches and goes out of bounds and all of this in 5 seconds? Who are you kidding?

The review booth shoulda called it game over. NFL should apologize for this screw up.

I'll admit that before the draft, I was in the camp that wanted the Falcons to draft Dorsey - Brohm - Best OL available.

Extremely glad I'm not a GM. Looking forward to seeing this kid play for years to come.

Sorry buddy, I just watched it 5 times. Bears were robbed a game. The clock was absolutely off by a minimum of a second to 2. Ryan takes 3 steps back, throws a 26 yard rainbow. Reciever catches and goes out of bounds and all of this in 5 seconds? Who are you kidding?

The review booth shoulda called it game over. NFL should apologize for this screw up.

:D I saw the game, but not through Bears colored glasses like you did. I saw a CB bite on a potential screen, then watched Mike Brown make a too late read on getting to the WR. The TIVO don't lie, and I suggest you look at it.

We never should have given up that play and allowed them the chance to win, PURE AND SIMPLE.

And sorry buddy, I watched it only once more and all I can say is look at this pic. :wacko: Stop being a sore loser!

Edited by Pope Flick