[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marion Barber owners

i_am_the_swammi

Not sure what to make of all the injuries to the Cowboys offense this week. Just guessing, but I would think:

1) No Jones means more touches for Barber, even if Choice gets a few of Jones' carries. Although, without Romo, will it actually mean less carries, since I doubt the Cowboys will have as many long drives as they had with Romo at the helm?

2) No Romo likely hurts Barber inj the obvious way, as teams will likely focus on stopping Barber, and beg Brad Johnson to beat them.

3) Barber hadn't been tearing it up rushing in recent weeks anyway....likely to get worse before it gets better?

As a Barber owner, I thought initially that it would be good for Barber to be more the focus of the offense....but will that really be a good thing?

More rushes and more short passes for Barber but less TDs and less overall production.

The loss of Romo seriously diminishes the Cowboys vertical passing game. TO was already whining even with a QB he really liked. Now, he'll be even more unhappy since Johnson won't be able to get him the ball on deep routes and won't be able to buy enough time in the pocket to improvise and make big plays the way Romo did. Remember the Cowboys offense with Bledsoe before Romo? Not saying Johnson is another Bledsoe, but Romo's mobility and quick release helped the OLine and receivers immensely.

Did you watch Brad Johnson in his last starts in Minnesota?

But did Minnesota have any receivers for Johnson to throw to? My memory is foggy. Were Moss and Carter still on the team at that point? As a Witten owner, I'm desperately looking for the silver lining here.