[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gonzalez NOT to be traded

Hat Trick

Tony Gonzalez will remain in Kansas City after the Chiefs failed to deal him prior to Tuesday's trade deadline.

Gonzalez formally requested a trade, but the Chiefs reportedly held out for a third-round pick that teams weren't willing to give up for the 32-year-old future Hall of Famer.

Gonzo Owner :wacko:

<Herm> I have not talked to Tony, won't talk to Tony about it. I am thinking about scoring points against the Titans, preparing for the Titans. Tony will be on the field wearing #88 Chiefs jersey unless he changes his number. Hopefully he'll be available to you tomorrow for questions. <Herm>

<Herm> I have not talked to Tony, won't talk to Tony about it. I am thinking about scoring points against the Titans, preparing for the Titans. Tony will be on the field wearing #88 Chiefs jersey unless he changes his number. Hopefully he'll be available to you tomorrow for questions. <Herm>

The NFL usually does not allow number changes during the season except where a player changes position or to change an "overflow" number to a complientr number. An effect on jersey sales and inventory being a contributing factor.

Edited by Big John

Herm's press conference

Q: What does that say about you, about Carl, about this organization that he asked to be traded?

EDWARDS: “It doesn’t say anything about me. It doesn’t say one thing about me. It has nothing to do about me. You need to ask the player about that. That’s not for me to answer. I answer for decisions I make, what comes out of my mouth. So, you’re asking the wrong guy. You need to ask him.”

Really Herm? I think it says alot about Hermaroid and Carl.

Herm's press conference

Really Herm? I think it says alot about Hermaroid and Carl.

He's mad about Tony calling him out after the DEN game when Tony didn't set the record at home. I imagine he's now pissed at Carl that he still has to deal with LJ and Gonzo.

Yahoo has the following story on their player blurbs:

Thu, Oct 16 Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports the Green Bay Packers thought they were close to acquiring Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez before the NFL's trade deadline. The Packers offered the Chiefs a third-round draft choice for Gonzalez and had the trade paperwork for the Chiefs to finalize the deal, but 10 minutes before the deadline, the Chiefs said the Packers would need to offer a second-round draft choice to get the deal done, according to league sources. (KFFL)

Yahoo has the following story on their player blurbs:

yeah Carl would have taken a 3rd, but supposedly in talks with NYG, PHI and GB, they were all offering a 3rd, so I suspect he tried to play hard ball and assked for a 2nd and then they all balked.