[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Ward

The Waterboy

Both Ward and Brandon Jacobs were listed in the Huddle's preseason contract year players article

I know there aren't a TON of places looking for starting RBs, but would the Giants be able resign both players? Or do so even if they could with Bradshaw there as well?

I'm wondering if Ward might land somewhere next year (Cincinnati? Arizona?) where he might be a good keeper.

Both Ward and Brandon Jacobs were listed in the Huddle's preseason contract year players article

I know there aren't a TON of places looking for starting RBs, but would the Giants be able resign both players? Or do so even if they could with Bradshaw there as well?

I'm wondering if Ward might land somewhere next year (Cincinnati? Arizona?) where he might be a good keeper.

He has definitely looked good when he's been given the chances. He's not a bad flex player in his current role.

He has definitely looked good when he's been given the chances. He's not a bad flex player in his current role.

With Jacobs bruising style you have to have a competent backup/time share RB and Ward fits the bill. Unless they think that Brashaw is as good and could carry a full load they will probably try and resign both.

If Ward is not brought back I think he would not be unempolyed long!

CIN, NE, DET, NYJ, HOU,.... ???

I totally agree with you both.

If the market will bear it for Ward or Jacobs......and in the age of a salary cap.....how could they possibly resign both knowing they have an "explosive" Bradshaw playing special teams and doing mop-up duty?

Ward has a 1 year deal worth 1.1 million.

Jacobs evidently tried to rework his deal before camp, butthey couldn't come to terms.

Found this on a blog, grifted from the (Newark) Star Ledger, circa, late June:

Brandon Jacobs is done trying to renegotiate his current contract and told reporters at camp today he will play it out and test free agency when the time comes. Mike Garafolo of the Star Ledger provides Jacobs’ quote.

“Oh, I’m fine at playing at what I’m making this year,” said Jacobs, who will earn $927,000 in base salary this season in the final year of his rookie contract. “I don’t have a problem at all with going out, playing at my salary and hitting the (free agent) market. I’m done (negotiating) now. I’m finished. It’s camp time, you know?” he said. “I don’t want to be talking about negotiations and talk to my agent back and forth every chance I get. It’s camp time. I’m focused.”

Worth keeping an eye on in the offseason. Especially if Ward and Jacobs keep playing well and stay healthy.

Personally, I think DWard is the best back on NYG. He's certainly the most complete. Jacob's is more of a novelty act, IMHO. He's good, don't get me wrong, but He's bound to be perpetually injured with his long frame and punishing running style. If I'm the GM I resign DWard and let BJacobs test FA.

Personally, I think DWard is the best back on NYG. He's certainly the most complete. Jacob's is more of a novelty act, IMHO. He's good, don't get me wrong, but He's bound to be perpetually injured with his long frame and punishing running style. If I'm the GM I resign DWard and let BJacobs test FA.

exactly why they hired Jerry Reese and not you, Jacobs is by far the better back. Ward does good things with the touches he gets but is not an everydown back.