[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.I. Stadium Rankings

Randall

What is the worst incident you have witnessed against an opposing fan or yourself at the ballpark?

* "I witnessed a New England Patriots fan get sucker punched in the face just walking in the tunnel."

* "I witnessed myself harass someone for three hours for wearing a Tony Romo jersey. I might have made him cry. If you are out there Romo guy, I am sorry."

* "We booed a little girl in the Punt, Pass and Kick competition who was wearing a Patriots jersey. Parents should know better than to dress their children in clown clothes."

:wacko:

nice to see the Colts stadium so high. it really is awesome.

best overall gameday experience I ever had was at a playoff game in KC. I've never been to GB or BUF, but it's hard to believe the tailgating is better. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I like how three of the five critera have absolutely nothing to do with the stadium itself, and the other two are concessions and accessibility. "Team Quality"? Seriously? Ford Field is a absolute gem of a facility, yet it gets ranked at the bottom because the tailgating isn't great and the team sucks. If you're going to rank stadiums, rank the stadiums.

Peace

policy

The worst incident questions are absolutely hillarious..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...08/stadium.html

"Somebody hit a Raiders fan with a car ... I clapped."

"A Cincinnati fan was severely bludgeoned with his own trumpet after playing Charge! for the Bengals for three quarters during a game at the old Mile High Stadium in the early '80s. I do remember it being annoying, but still. I was 5, and that is my first Broncos memory."

"An opposing team's fan was drunk, and every time his team did something good he would stand up and mock the Jags. The Jags won the game with a last-second field goal. A Jags fan, carrying his toddler on his back, walked by the other team's fan and the toddler took a swing at the fan and knocked his hat off while the crowd went wild!"

"One man dropped his pants and laid his ----- on the head of an opposing fan. "

Giants Stadium hosts both Ny Jets and Giants ...no other stadium can lay claim to that ...there is football every sunday in the Meadowlands for 17 weeks ...that makes it special

Trust me there is football in Green Bay too.

If the Packers are on a bye we root for whoever is playing the Bears, Vikings and Lions. :wacko:

I feel as long as its all in good fun its ok to taunt people who wear other teams spamshirts to games. But it does cross the line when its get physical. I have gone to games in other stadiums and worn redsox spamshirts and had a good time going back and forth with the other fans.

Went to a Buffalo game in 1998 when Flutie was playing against the Pats (he is from my hometown) and security threw us out for own safety in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Patriots

The worst incident questions are absolutely hillarious..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...08/stadium.html

"Somebody hit a Raiders fan with a car ... I clapped."

"A Cincinnati fan was severely bludgeoned with his own trumpet after playing Charge! for the Bengals for three quarters during a game at the old Mile High Stadium in the early '80s. I do remember it being annoying, but still. I was 5, and that is my first Broncos memory."

"An opposing team's fan was drunk, and every time his team did something good he would stand up and mock the Jags. The Jags won the game with a last-second field goal. A Jags fan, carrying his toddler on his back, walked by the other team's fan and the toddler took a swing at the fan and knocked his hat off while the crowd went wild!"

"One man dropped his pants and laid his ----- on the head of an opposing fan. "

If I were that opposing fan, that guy would have had his junk in his mouth.

Ha, well I have some disagreements:

Affordability and Food, 16, that may be right, I have not been to any other stadium to compare, so no comment.

Tailgating, 3, while that is a good ranking I truly feel they are #1 in this aspect.

Team Quality, 22, hard to argue with this one.

Atmosphere, 5, ha whose doing this thing.....oh yeah SI they are wetooded

Accessibility, 25, are they f'n idiots? The stadium is extremely accessible, there are like 6 access points into the stadium, you just have to know where they are...sure if you come in off I-70 and go over the George Brett bridge your going to get hosed in traffic.

Overall a ranking of 12th for the Chiefs is pretty dang low, and after 2009 when all the renovations are done, King Carl being gone and the team hopefully starting to put a better product on the field the new and improved experience will be rockin all the way to Johnson County.

Hm, rating the experience, which is what they did here, is different from rating the stadium. How good the stadium is (from a view of the game, comfort, view of surroundings, appearance, etc. perspective) isn't even part of the criteria! They ranked the experience of going to a game in the 32 NFL cities, which is fine, but call it what it is. They did not rank the stadiums.

(If they had, Heinz Field would be way farther down. For being fairly new, it sure does seem done on the cheap. I say this even as I can see it out my office window. You do get a nice view of the city out the open end if you're sitting in the right places, but that's about it.)

Giants Stadium hosts both Ny Jets and Giants ...no other stadium can lay claim to that ...there is football every sunday in the Meadowlands for 17 weeks ...that makes it special

This stadium should be ranked last since the "home" teams are from a different state than the stadium.

The Giants and Jets have 16 combined home games in the regular season, so thet can't have a home game every week, and some of those games are on Thursday or Monday.

This stadium should be ranked last since the "home" teams are from a different state than the stadium.

That is definitely a good point which i struggle with since i was born and raised in NY , so i enjoyed fact they were call NY Giants and Jets even though they played in NJ

now i live in NJ so i have no problem if they were called NJ Giants and Jets

regardless i bleed blue and red regardless where Giants play

While were on the topic of stadiums, the Vikings have been looking for a new stadium for about ten years. With the economy down in the dumps, a new stadium funded by taxpayers will not happen. However, the new U of M stadium can be easily converted to accomodate 80, 000 seats. I would love to see them share a stadium for a while and play outdoors until they can get their own. We would definitly have home field advantage in December and January.

http://stadium.gophersports.com/

Sharing U stadium an option for Vikings

The new Gophers facility that opens next season is built to expand to 80,000 seats. If the Metrodome plan fizzles, it's a viable alternative worth considering.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: October 15, 2008 - 11:42 PM

There is no doubt the Wilf brothers never will give up on their hopes for getting a new Vikings football stadium on the current site of the Metrodome.

And certainly the Metrodome lot is the best location, with the access to light rail and its proximity to downtown. But the uncertain economy might make that impossible.

But failing to accomplish that, former Senate majority leader Dean Johnson -- who played a big part in the move to build the new Gophers football stadium and the Twins ballpark and now is a University Regent -- can't see any reason why the new Gophers stadium couldn't be expanded to make a new home to share with the Vikings. The pilings were put into the new stadium so that it can be expanded to 80,000 seats.

And in a recent conversation with University President Bob Bruininks, he made it clear that if it was a case of the Vikings leaving, he would be in favor of the Gophers sharing an expanded stadium with the team.

"We'd have to actually go through some environmental review process, but I strongly favor that. I think it's the right thing to do," Bruininks said. "We're all part of one community. I am one of the people that favors and supports the Vikings stadium, and I think we ought to find a way to get it done and certainly the University of Minnesota would be a cooperative partner in that process.

"... It's not a problem to expand the seating -- we've actually built this stadium so that we can expand it very easily at a reasonable price to 80,000 seats. So, we can expand it 30,000, nearly 30,000 seats, without any difficulty."