[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo on for Sunday

Piranha-z

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are Brad Johnson owners doing at this point? Needed him for one week filler but now could come down to game time decision. Guess I need to plan for last minute alternatives on the waiver wire.

I wouldn't want to play him either way.

I have Romo in one league and passed on signing BJ (I have T. Edwards though).

There is another post in this thread where JJ (via a radio interview) expresses optimism that Romo will play on Sunday. JJ himself was playing catch with Romo yesterday. While Wade Phillips may not be a great HC, he's not a complete moran and knows that playing a QB with a broken finger IN HIS THROWING HAND is a f'n retarded idea. And that's not even considering the fact that they just signed Romo to a massive contract.

No offense to cowboys fans, but anybody who even remotely follows the NFL knows that Jerry Jones is an egomaniac meddler. He even seems to contradict Phillips here:

Meh, whatever. I think that people are like sharks with blood in the water when there's news about the Cowboys out there. I mean, people bitch when teams don't give out injury info and bitch when they hear stuff like this.

I'm not saying I like it when JJ goes to the sidelines and crap during a game but he's not the only one who does it.

Give the guy credit, he wants to win and isn't afraid to take chances and spend his money trying to win.

Jones also said the decision if Romo will play will depend on how the quarterback feels Sunday. "It will be up to him. If he is feeling good and the pain is good, then it's likely he'll play," Jones said. "It's down to can he handle the pain?" Phillips said it was possible Romo could be active for the game without starting.

Not posting here to argue but there's really nothing contradicting in the interviews you linked. Jones says maybe he'll play, Phillips says it's possible he'll play..

Meh, whatever. I think that people are like sharks with blood in the water when there's news about the Cowboys out there.

That might be because of all the puffed up mouthing off Cowboys fans do when they win. Or it might be because Dallas is a safe haven for a lot of the league's scum after other teams have given them the boot. Or it might be because we all love to see Jerry Jones' overrated prima donnas take a pratfall season after season.

Dallas Cowboys' Romo to be active, but won't start

07:46 PM CDT on Saturday, October 18, 2008

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

tarcher@dallasnews.com

ST. LOUIS - Quarterback Tony Romo will be active, but he will not start today at St. Louis, according to Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones.

Romo, who will see his consecutive start streak end at 32, has a fractured right pinkie and only saw limited work in Thursday's practice.

Brad Johnson will replace Romo. It will be his first start since 2006 in Minnesota. It will also mark the first time since Thanksgiving 2004 that the Cowboys will have to use their backup quarterback because of injury.

What is not clear is if Romo will be the backup or the third quarterback behind Brooks Bollinger.

It was initially believed Romo would miss four weeks with the injury, but he threw passes Wednesday with a special splint. After taking a few snaps Thursday, Romo did not practice Friday.

If he plays, he would run the risk of suffering more damage to his finger. He currently has a non-displaced fracture.

Romo or no Romo, they're not going to win today if the defense can't stop anyone. Their poor play on defense, and Barber's fumble, are the reason they're getting "blown out" so far.

You're probably right. The D has been awful this year.