[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donnie Avery

The Tank

Any gurus out there know anything about this kid? I've read that he's good speed and hands, but I never watched him in college. With Holt taking on the better coverage guy and...does this guy have potential? Or does playing for the Rams eliminate any hope? Thoughts?

He was the top WR taken in the draft but they also drafted Burton. I like Avery better though. When he starts he has value.

Draft page with video

It's probably a little early to tell with the offense being inept this year, but he may turn out to be a Devin Hester guy - exciting as heck with the ball in his hands, but not a good enough route runner to get open consistently. He may get better at this, but right now his potential is limited this season, IMHO.

I'm looking for a rather large day from him. Picked him up and started him over some decent options. He's going against a rookie that never expected to be in this situation. I think this is the week that Avery takes a little slant or hitch, makes a guy miss and takes one 65 to the house.