[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whatcha cookin'?

SheikYerbuti

This week I'm doing a tapas style spread. . .kinda all over the map and I expect some things to be better than others:

Wild Boar pate and Venison pate with sourdough slices

Mixed olives and camembert on crostini

Hawaiian marinated spam and pineapple skewers

Swedish meatballs

Homemade bagel chips with smoked salmon spread

Mini spinach and bleu cheese spanikopita

What's on your menu this week?

not sure yet..... may do some waffles for breakfast... maybe grill some dogs for lunch. i think our cupboard is bare so may go out for lunch (quiznos or something). i might have some shrimp around ..... tequilia/lime shrimp quesadillas :wacko:

I think your meat smoking lately is equivalent to a pack a day. :wacko:

Enjoy. :D

:D

Yeah, I've been heavy into smoking lately. The thing is, we just can't get good barbeque around here so I have to resort to doing it myself. It'll slow down once the cold weather hits.

We got an enormous "candy onion" at the farmer's market; it's incredibly sweet. Been using that with a bunch of different stuff lately. I made pan-roasted potatoes with sauteed onions and pepper jack cheese for a midnight snack this weekend. I also made a sweet butter-onion sauce with that and some farm butter, then threw the resulting onions in with some sliced turkey sausage and roasted 'em up together. Then I tossed the sauce in with some orichette pasta, and that was okay--could have done the sauce better, though.

My sister- and brother-in-law are hosting a "Surf & Turf Watch Party" for the MSU-scUM game this weekend; I'm bringing a dish but I don't know what, yet. Suggestions?

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

I'm gonna make some chipotle mashed sweet potatoes in the next couple of days.... either with grilled ribeyes or a chicken dish. Just have to figure out what day.

I'm not quite sure I get the whole chipotle thing. I mean, they're ok peppers with a unique flavor but not so much that I want to add them to a lot of things.

I'm not quite sure I get the whole chipotle thing. I mean, they're ok peppers with a unique flavor but not so much that I want to add them to a lot of things.

My wife does not like very spicy food.

With chipotles, if used in moderation, I can get that peppery kick that i enjoy plus the smokiness that comes with the adobo sauce they come packed in when you buy them in the cans, but not so much of the heat that my wife dislikes (she likes the flavor to). Pus my 4 year old liked them, so anything to keep him eatinghis veggies. So, as doing habanero sweet potatoes is out for both of them, they make a nice compromise. I also find that a chipotle marinade is good with grilled chicken. Same reasons... good flavor without the overpowering heat of habanero or even jalapeno (though I can eat them raw no problem) makes for a good middle ground for my wife and I.

With chipotles, if used in moderation, I can get that peppery kick that i enjoy plus the smokiness that comes with the adobo sauce they come packed in when you buy them in the cans, but not so much of the heat that my wife dislikes (she likes the flavor to). Pus my 4 year old liked them, so anything to keep him eatinghis veggies. So, as doing habanero sweet potatoes is out for both of them, they make a nice compromise. I also find that a chipotle marinade is good with grilled chicken. Same reasons... good flavor without the overpowering heat of habanero or even jalapeno (though I can eat them raw no problem) makes for a good middle ground for my wife and I.

I was thinking more about how every restaurant has at least to chipotle flavored items on their menu, but I do get your point.

FYI: A chipotle is a jalapeno pepper. They take the ripe ones and smoke them.