[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre gave away Packers plays?

rattsass

:wacko:

This week Jets quarterback Brett Favre caused a significant stir in The Big D when he curiously pushed Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo into playing this week, or at least giving it a shot with a broken pinkie. Favre reportedly talked Romo into sucking it up to play, and rather than missing Sunday's game, he was listed as the No. 2 behind Brad Johnson.

It turns out the Cowboys aren't the only team this year the New York Jets signal caller has spent time talking to.

Several sources have told FOX Sports that Favre earlier this year phoned the Detroit Lions prior to their battle versus Favre's old team, the Green Bay Packers, and gave them a rundown of the nuances of what Green Bay does on offense. According to the sources, Favre actually spent over an hour on the phone with Lions coaches, who were connected with Favre by then-team president Matt Millen.

While the Lions still lost and the Packers and Favre's replacement Aaron Rodgers played well, it's still baffling that the Packers legend would spend such a significant chunk of time giving tips to an opponent of his long-time franchise.

Other teams the Packers have played had also heard about the Favre coaching clinic with Detroit. In addition, there have been rumors that Favre has spoken to other teams giving them information, but most of those teams insist they have not heard from the famed gunslinger.

However, another team says it has had casual talks in the past with Favre and talked about some of what Green Bay does, but it was nowhere near the details he let loose to the Lions.

Still, Favre has the right to do whatever he pleases. If he wants to help other teams there is nothing in league rules that prevents him from doing so.

A few months ago, this might have actually surprised me.

The unwritten rule is that you spill your guts about your last team to your CURRENT TEAM ONLY. If he did this, he's even more of a childish panty waste than I thought he was.

If it's true, even the staunchest of Favre fans will have to man up and call him out.

It's hard to believe Favre would hurt his ex teammates and friends but this may be true. Not that it helped the Lions.

Packers 34, Colts 14: Players not happy about Favre report

By Greg A. Bedard

Sunday, Oct 19 2008, 07:53 PM

Green Bay - The Packers are now 4-3 heading into the bye week after a very impressive drubbing of the Indianapolis Colts at Lambeau Field.

Inside the locker room after the game, the players couldn't hide their happiness. They get a week off now and should be healed up and at full strength to deal with a tough second half of the schedule. And to think, some people thought the season was over two weeks ago. The lesson here: it's tough to win games in the NFL (hello Dallas in St. Louis today), but if you have talent and are coached well, that will eventually show through.

As to the big off-field news of the day, that former quarterback Brett Favre reportedly talked to Detroit Lions defensive coaches for over an hour to give them insight into what the Packers do on offense before the Week 2 matchup, this is what I know:

According to two team sources, the Packers had heard "whispers" about Favre giving out inside information to other teams but didn't know the extent. The team is fairly irritated about it, but it was hardly a surprise. The only thing that caught them off guard was that it appears that Favre went out of his way to contact the Lions and possibly other teams to give them inside information;

The Detroit Lions did not confirm nor deny the report. Coach Rod Marinelli said he was aware of the report and said "No comment," when asked about it. Defensive coordinator Joe Barry also did not deny the report.

Most players didn't want to touch the topic with a 10-foot pole, including Favre's best friend on the team, Donald Driver. Left tackle Chad Clifton said, "I don't put much stock into (the report). I seriously doubt that happened. If it is (true), there's nothing you can do about it. I'm not going to get involved with it."

Some players did speak about it. Some strongly.

Defensive Cullen Jenkins: "I don't know if he's done it or not. It's one of those things, personally and I don't know the situation, but I just think it's kind of messed up how he left here. Hasn't talked to Aaron (Rodgers), wished Aaron good luck or anything or like that but he's called everybody else, called Tony Romo and stuff like that. I don't have nothing against Brett personally. But I think in his position, he could at least show a little more class, a little more respect to Aaron in that regard. If that was the case, if he did talk to the coaches, I could see if he told his coaches if they were going to play us. That's all right. But if you go out of your way to talk to another team, nah, I don't think that's right."

Cornerback Charles Woodson: "He contacted them? I don't respect that. If they called him and he gives them information, that's one thing. But to seek a team out, because you know I guess you're trying to sabotage this team, you know I don't respect that. I know he's been the greatest player around here for a long time but there's no honor in that."

Woodson was then asked if that stuff happened in the league. "You know I have no idea. I've never called a coach of another team and told them what was going to happen."

Center Scott Wells: "That would be disappointing if that was the case. Definitely. But I try to stay removed from it. Obviously it didn't work out too well for 'em. We were still able to go out there and move the ball and win the game."

Coach Mike McCarthy: "I would say it's disappointing. I'm not really in tune with the whole report and so forth. Jeff Blumb told me about it earlier. I really have no comment on that stuff."

Supposedly Favre was not asked about the report after the Jets' overtime loss to the Oakland Raiders.

McCarthy: Favre talk unwanted

By Bob Wolfley

Tuesday, Oct 21 2008, 02:24 PM

Mike McCarthy during his weekly visit with Fox Sports Radio today said he does not want talk of Brett Favre to be part of the Packers' locker room.

McCarthy was asked about the report that Favre shared information with the Detroit Lions before the Packers played them in Week 2.

"You know, it's really a conversation that I really don't want to be part of," McCarthy said. "I really don't want it to be part of our locker room. I think as an organization we've moved past that situation. I thought we've answered the questions forthright throughout the whole process and training camp. And we really just want to move on with our season. So I really don't have any comment on any of the stuff that's out there."

McCarthy was asked about the decision of the San Francisco 49ers to fire Mike Nolan, with whom McCarthy had worked.

"I had a chance to speak with Mike last night," McCarthy said. "Any time this happens in our business, it's one of the ugly parts of our business. I just tend to focus on the personal side of it. Mike and Kathy Nolan are classy people. You just hate to see good people go through this."

Well stated Mike.

Still waiting for Glazer to back up his bold claim of incredibly unscrupulous behavior by Favre. Also incredible in a day & age when the news media surrounds TO doing freakin' situps in his driveway that not one person has put this allegation in front of Favre or provided stronger evidence.

If this turns out to be baseless, Glazer ought to be fired out of hand (preferrably in a public forum).