[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Implosion of America's Team

Grits and Shins

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's week 7 people. Relax. This is the NFL guys. If the Cowboys look like this for a few more weeks and when Romo gets back then I will panic. As of now it is still early in the season and this team has the talent to get going. They had better do something though because today was horrible. To get taken to the woodshed by St Louis is down right shameful.

Wash stuggled with Cleveland, Indy got smoked by GB and the Giants were in a game with SF. The cream has yet to rise in this league. It goes to show it's not who you play it's when you play them. St Loius is playing inspired ball with new HC and they have talent. So does ARZ.

I am taking a wait and see approach. However, this D is playing horrible and should be much better then they are right now. Wade where is that Phillips 3-4? It looks like a train reck right now. I am sick over todays game but not ready to call 911 just yet.

It's week 7 people. Relax. This is the NFL guys. If the Cowboys look like this for a few more weeks and when Romo gets back then I will panic. As of now it is still early in the season and this team has the talent to get going. They had better do something though because today was horrible. To get taken to the woodshed by St Louis is down right shameful.

Wash stuggled with Cleveland, Indy got smoked by GB and the Giants were in a game with SF. The cream has yet to rise in this league. It goes to show it's not who you play it's when you play them. St Loius is playing inspired ball with new HC and they have talent. So does ARZ.

I am taking a wait and see approach. However, this D is playing horrible and should be much better then they are right now. Wade where is that Phillips 3-4? It looks like a train reck right now. I am sick over todays game but not ready to call 911 just yet.

Amen!

Will we have a different coach when Romo comes back? One that gets the team ready for their games? I see nothing in Wade Phillips that leads me to believe that he knows how to get his teams ready to win and certainly nothing that leads me to believe he can lead the team to a championship.

Wade looks like a country bumpkin that doesn't have the first clue about how to run a team.

ya know, when it comes to wade phillips, TO, pacman....I (and nearly everyone else in the world outside of dallas) hate to say "I told you so", but....actually no, I don't hate it at all.

told ya so, morans. :wacko::D:D

:D

Will we have a different coach when Romo comes back? One that gets the team ready for their games? I see nothing in Wade Phillips that leads me to believe that he knows how to get his teams ready to win and certainly nothing that leads me to believe he can lead the team to a championship.

Wade looks like a country bumpkin that doesn't have the first clue about how to run a team.

Coaches don't tackle, hit, kick field goals, commit false starts, forget to cover deep nor play gap control. They don't pass block, run block or throw to the open man and they darn sure don't smile on the sidelines getting beat by 24 points like some linemen I saw.

Wade is not the problem. I don't know what is but it better get fixed or this will go down as the most talented losing team in history.

Coaches don't tackle, hit, kick field goals, commit false starts, forget to cover deep nor play gap control. They don't pass block, run block or throw to the open man and they darn sure don't smile on the sidelines getting beat by 24 points like some linemen I saw.

Wade is not the problem. I don't know what is but it better get fixed or this will go down as the most talented losing team in history.

This is exactly what the Linehan apologists said. Haslett is now 2-0.

So there is no need for a coach then? I mean since they don't do anything why have one?

The coach prepares the team for the game. Did it look to you like the Cowboys were prepared for the St. Louis game? If the team has too many penalties that is a lack of discipline ... I wonder whose job it is to instill that discipline in the players.

You couldn't be more wrong. This Cowboy team has absolutely taken on the laid back bumble head nature of Wade Phillips and that is why they have lost the last two weeks.

implosion? America's team is currently 5-1 and 1st place in their division. they are doing just fine.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?Categor...mp;endYear=2001

"Rooney also dismissed a suggestion by someone who thought the Steelers were worthy of the title, 'America's Team,' before NFL Films gave it to the Cowboys.

'We didn't want that,' Rooney said. 'We're a Pittsburgh team. We feel strongly about that.""

For those who think its early , Cowboys schedule only gets tougher

Losing to Cards ( ok they are better but they are the cards ) and Rams wont bode well , when Cowboys have to still play Giants twice , eagles , Skins ( both on the road ) , Steelers , etc

As Yogi Berra once said " its getting early late "

The Cowboys may very well turn this around , but it will be very hard given their schedule , their turmoil , injuries and coach ...and ofcourse their meddlesome , obnoxius owner

Good luck with that

This is exactly what the Linehan apologists said. Haslett is now 2-0.

Its ironic that is was Hasletts D that was getting absolutely torched early on but he has turned things around as HC

The Cowboys are a mirror image of the Yankees. Powerful franchise/brand name. Head strong owner (more so George than his sons) Big name all star talent. No Chemistry and very little heart. T.O ironically has the most heart on this team which is a sad statement in itself. The guy is a me me player but he also has massive desire to win and will rehab 18 hours a day to get back on the field. I cant understand what happened to Dallas line. Romo was barely getting touched early on. The Eagles are a ferocious bltizing D and they barely laid a hand on him yet now every week the floodgates are open. Isle is right. The schedule gets tougher. The Giants have the perfect formula that gives Dallas fits. Big running game and pressure D. Tampa has that as well. The Boys are in a spiral.

Not that anyone should ever feel bad for Dallas because the fans and organization talks the talk but I do find it amusing how the commentators, specifically the ESPN crew actually cant contain the woody in their pants over the spiral and literally cant wipe the smiles off of their faces. Tom Jackson looked like he was gonna drop a money shot last night when Dilfer was blasting the boys :wacko: Dallas may not be expected to win and heavily favored anymore after what is going on. Maybe they will surprise people and get back to some sort of form. Right now they sorely needed Pacman with Newman down but you get what you deserve when you acquire and rely on a POS. I expected good / possibly great things from Dallas and I still hold out hope that they could possibly right the ship but these past few weeks have been very surprising.

Edited by whomper

Its ironic that is was Hasletts D that was getting absolutely torched early on but he has turned things around as HC

The Cowboys are a mirror image of the Yankees. Powerful franchise/brand name. Head strong owner (more so George than his sons) Big name all star talent. No Chemistry and very little heart. T.O ironically has the most heart on this team which is a sad statement in itself. The guy is a me me player but he also has massive desire to win and will rehab 18 hours a day to get back on the field. I cant understand what happened to Dallas line. Romo was barely getting touched early on. The Eagles are a ferocious bltizing D and they barely laid a hand on him yet now every week the floodgates are open. Isle is right. The schedule gets tougher. The Giants have the perfect formula that gives Dallas fits. Big running game and pressure D. Tampa has that as well. The Boys are in a spiral.

Not that anyone should ever feel bad for Dallas because the fans and organization talks the talk but I do find it amusing how the commentators, specifically the ESPN crew actually cant contain the woody in their pants over the spiral and literally cant wipe the smiles off of their faces. Tom Jackson looked like he was gonna drop a money shot last night when Dilfer was blasting the boys :wacko: Dallas may not be expected to win and heavily favored anymore after what is going on. Maybe they will surprise people and get back to some sort of form. Right now they sorely needed Pacman with Newman down but you get what you deserve when you acquire and rely on a POS. I expected good / possibly great things from Dallas and I still hold out hope that they could possibly right the ship but these past few weeks have been very surprising.

This is really interesting. The similarities are stunning. However, to quote my old coach, "they are a little down now, but they're talented. Don't sleep on 'em."

Not that anyone should ever feel bad for Dallas because the fans and organization talks the talk but I do find it amusing how the commentators, specifically the ESPN crew actually cant contain the woody in their pants over the spiral and literally cant wipe the smiles off of their faces. Tom Jackson looked like he was gonna drop a money shot last night when Dilfer was blasting the boys :D Dallas may not be expected to win and heavily favored anymore after what is going on. Maybe they will surprise people and get back to some sort of form. Right now they sorely needed Pacman with Newman down but you get what you deserve when you acquire and rely on a POS. I expected good / possibly great things from Dallas and I still hold out hope that they could possibly right the ship but these past few weeks have been very surprising.

Is Jerry Jones a convicted felon that hired detectives to spy on his players(Winfield) too? :wacko:

I think Jerry's better than Steinbrenner but I get your points. They should rebound. It isn't even the halfway point of the season yet.

Is Jerry Jones a convicted felon that hired detectives to spy on his players(Winfield) too? :wacko:

I think Jerry's better than Steinbrenner but I get your points. They should rebound. It isn't even the halfway point of the season yet.

No he's the guy that hired four guys to keep an eye on a felon so that he wouldn't get suspended and it didn't work.

So there is no need for a coach then? I mean since they don't do anything why have one?

The coach prepares the team for the game. Did it look to you like the Cowboys were prepared for the St. Louis game? If the team has too many penalties that is a lack of discipline ... I wonder whose job it is to instill that discipline in the players.

You couldn't be more wrong. This Cowboy team has absolutely taken on the laid back bumble head nature of Wade Phillips and that is why they have lost the last two weeks.

You know, I expect more from you Grits. You don't go calling out the coach after week 7 of the season and the team just three weeks ago looked like a juggernaut. ESPN, NFL, all were saying this team is SCARY and penciled them in for the superbowl. Now they play poorly and the team will be lucky to make the playoffs. I am pissed off too, don't get me wrong but the team is not as bad as yesterday and not as good as we thought in week three. But calling out the coach in week 7 to be fired is rediculous. Wade was the coach last year and went 13-3. Now he loses three games and can't coach any more. Give me a break. Let's just see how this team looks in November and what their record is then, before we go passing judgment on Wade and the team. Teams get out played from time to time and don't match the other teams intensity level. Keith Davis made a good point, they are the Cowboys and every week they had better be ready to play ball because every team gets way UP for the Cowboys. He also pointed out that his was their first early game of the year and had to remind the young guys that this game is at NOON so you had better be ready to play because by 2:00 it's over! It looked very much like they were not ready to match Stl intensity level Sunday and slept into the second half.

You know what worries me more then anything is the O line. With Brad in there you get to see how well the line really blocks because he is not going anywhere. That line is either not as good as I thought, or played a piss poor game Sunday along with everyone else. In any case, if Romo does play next week, he may lose a finger if they play like they did Sunday against Tampa.

Bottom line, if the cowboys go 11-5 or 10-6 and win a playoff game then this week means absolutley nothing. If not then you can pat yourself on the back for pushing the panic button in week 7. I think I will wait and see what happens before go saying Wade can't coach and Garrett was a waste of money.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Look, it's very simple and I'm surprised that more of you haven't caught on. Last year it was Wade Phillips coaching a Tuna team. Wade did nothing, let Jason Garrett run the offense and look what happened, success. Now, Wade had to coach this year as it is oficially his team. You're now seeing the results of that mixed with some untimely injuries. It will only get worse from here. JJ should promote Garrett now if he wants to salvage the season. If you think this year is bad, wait until you see the disaster that is next year.