[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fire Wade Phillips

Scooby

i sure hope so, but knowing JJ's ego, he won't do it until after the season.

In watching Hard Knocks on HBO, I came away extremely impressed with Jason Garrett. He is intelligent and appears to have great leadership skills. I think he will be a phenomenal head coach.

"bring out your dead... bring out your dead...."

Thump. Childress gets thrown in the wagon.

Bring out your dead..."

Cable hits the pile.

"Bring out your dead...."

Phillips goes in the cart. "Wait, I'm not dead yet!" Cart diver: "We'll be back next week....."

from rotoworld:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said after Sunday's blowout loss to the Rams that head coach Wade Phillips' job isn't in doubt.

"I think there can be a change in effort, intensity, those kind of things," Jerry said. "But I'm not talking about the kind of change with coach or coaches or philosophy." Still, Phillips' job security could become week to week as long as Dallas keeps losing. His heir apparent is already on the staff in offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

As long as JJ has an iron grip on the organization the Cowboys will continue to falter.

JJ is a horrible GM

JJ doesn't want a real coach, he wants a yes-man coach

:wacko:

Yea, as a Raider fan I really feel bad for you. It's not like we know anything about that situation. :D

Edited by kpholmes

from rotoworld:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said after Sunday's blowout loss to the Rams that head coach Wade Phillips' job isn't in doubt.

"I think there can be a change in effort, intensity, those kind of things," Jerry said. "But I'm not talking about the kind of change with coach or coaches or philosophy." Still, Phillips' job security could become week to week as long as Dallas keeps losing. His heir apparent is already on the staff in offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

I distinctly remember when the Cowboys org was toying with the idea of hiring Parcells as head coach before it was official.....JJ said we're just talking about "philosophy"......denied all rumors that he was coming on board....now he's saying that word again....philosophy...reminds me of the statement analysis guy:

http://www.statementanalysis.com/

As long as JJ has an iron grip on the organization the Cowboys will continue to falter.

JJ is a horrible GM

JJ doesn't want a real coach, he wants a yes-man coach

:D

Which owner would you prefer to have??

I can't think of one I would prefer to have over him, iron grip or not.

GM - some bad draft picks, and a bad trade for Galloway, in spite of the best intentions. Hiring Wade wasn't HORRIBLE, but hiring Wade's assistants is a little over the top if you ask me.

Paying Jason Garrett $3 million per year as OC is over the top, but a great "move" to keep him around until the "greater move" of him to HC. Does Garrett remind you of a "yes-man". Yes men don't get paid 3 million a year without being the Head Coach. Yes-men get paid ok and get to keep their jobs because....well, the boss likes the "yes-man".

I like JJ because he will make any move to try to better the team. Pac-Man was not a move to put an idiot in a Cowboys' uniform, but an opportunity to get a potentially good impact player on the cheap. High risk, high reward. BUT, its not like they pinned there hopes on him to have a great season. He wasn't a "starter" that had to make it for the team to succeed. He ended up starting because of injuries, but him not being there does not impact the core of the team going forward. Nice move for Roy Williams also.

In the past two years, which horrible move did JJ make as a GM? Hiring Phillips? That wasn't being said until the past few weeks, when the bandwagon started getting a bit lighter.

And if I recall correctly, the savior, Jason Garrett, runs EVERYTHING on offense. That is not Wade's show. Motivation seems to be an issue for sure, but the GM has put the talent there. Coaches don't go from being great 6 weeks ago, to sucking this quickly. There is player accountability. Garrett has to figure out why his offense can't move the ball consistently and teams like the friggin Rams can snuff them out. Defensively, there are injuries, but the offense has to keep them off the field.

Anyway, JJ is a great owner, and a decent GM over the past 4-5 years. The team is in place.....execution on defense and game-planning on offense are the real culprits here.

1. I recommend that every cowboys fan (and football fan) read Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty for a truly revealing look into the personalities of jimmie johnson and jerry jones. (yes, i've pimped this book in other threads).

1. I recommend that every cowboys fan (and football fan) read Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty for a truly revealing look into the personalities of jimmie johnson and jerry jones. (yes, i've pimped this book in other threads).

:wacko: I will have to check that out bluedog.

Which owner would you prefer to have??

I can't think of one I would prefer to have over him, iron grip or not.

GM - some bad draft picks, and a bad trade for Galloway, in spite of the best intentions. Hiring Wade wasn't HORRIBLE, but hiring Wade's assistants is a little over the top if you ask me.

Paying Jason Garrett $3 million per year as OC is over the top, but a great "move" to keep him around until the "greater move" of him to HC. Does Garrett remind you of a "yes-man". Yes men don't get paid 3 million a year without being the Head Coach. Yes-men get paid ok and get to keep their jobs because....well, the boss likes the "yes-man".

I like JJ because he will make any move to try to better the team. Pac-Man was not a move to put an idiot in a Cowboys' uniform, but an opportunity to get a potentially good impact player on the cheap. High risk, high reward. BUT, its not like they pinned there hopes on him to have a great season. He wasn't a "starter" that had to make it for the team to succeed. He ended up starting because of injuries, but him not being there does not impact the core of the team going forward. Nice move for Roy Williams also.

In the past two years, which horrible move did JJ make as a GM? Hiring Phillips? That wasn't being said until the past few weeks, when the bandwagon started getting a bit lighter.

And if I recall correctly, the savior, Jason Garrett, runs EVERYTHING on offense. That is not Wade's show. Motivation seems to be an issue for sure, but the GM has put the talent there. Coaches don't go from being great 6 weeks ago, to sucking this quickly. There is player accountability. Garrett has to figure out why his offense can't move the ball consistently and teams like the friggin Rams can snuff them out. Defensively, there are injuries, but the offense has to keep them off the field.

Anyway, JJ is a great owner, and a decent GM over the past 4-5 years. The team is in place.....execution on defense and game-planning on offense are the real culprits here.

I'm glad you're happy with him. I can't say the guy is all bad, but, I do think his ego gets in the way. Personally, I'll keep the Rooneys. I feel that they know what their role is. They hire people that they can trust, and then they allow them to do their job. They do not interfere. I'm not saying it is right or the only way, but, that is what works for them, and it has worked for years. Trust me, I doubt that Jerry Jones wants to win anymore than Dan Rooney or any of the other owners for that matter. He just has a different approach to it.

JJ would'nt have let Faneca walk.

Funny you bring that up. Letting Faneca walk WAS the right thing to do, no question about it. They had to get Roethlisberger and Polamalu paid, which I'd hope you would agree were higher priorities given their age. The Jets signed Faneca to a five-year, 40-million dollar contract, to a 32 year old guard, who is still very good, but, who started declining two years ago. They vastly over-paid for his services, as his prime years are in the past.

Have you ever noticed that 90% of the time, when the Steelers let a high-priced free agent walk through the years, you rarely hear from them again ? The reason they are competitive (and usually in the playoffs) every single year and don't go through 10+ year droughts of not winning a playoff game is that they spend their money intelligently and don't get into cap trouble.

So, yes, you are right, JJ probably would have made the incorrect move and over-paid for Alan Faneca.....good point :wacko: