[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Walter?

dolphz

OK, ESPN and the Huddle were both high on this guy, I pick him up as a bye week fill in and where the heck is he?? Anyone else drink the kool aid?

Started him over Roy Williams.

So far so good!!!!

:wacko:

I'm not watching the DET-HOU game but just as speculation ...

Walter is more often than not the 3rd or even 4th look in the progression of QB reads for Schaub - behind AJ, Daniels or the RB. So, unless AJ and/or Daniels is getting blanketed by the DB's, with the result that HOU has to start calling plays designed to go to Walter from the start, he's going to have a quiet day.

Seeing as how the DET DB's pretty much can't cover anyone, let alone players like AJ, I'd not expect Walter to get all that much activity. Still, no catches on no targets is not really what I anticipated either at this point (with Larry Fitz on bye, I had to use Walter today in my PPR league) but at best, I did not think Walter would be good for much more than something like 4 / 50 / 1 on the day.

Hopefully, Schaub will look his way a few times in the 2nd half, but I'd not hitch my wagon to the Walter star this week looking for large fantasy numbers.

Edit to Add:

Here 'ya go, HOU is working him into the game plan now, LOL:

Last Play: 3-2-DET 40(8:27) K.Walter right end to DET 33 for 7 yards (A.Fluellen).

Edited by ts