[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush out 3-4 weeks

CG1

Bush

Reggie Bush tore the meniscus in his left knee Sunday. He will have arthroscopic surgery and isn't expected back for 3-4 weeks, according to CBS' Charley Casserly. Profootballtalk.com reports Bush could miss up to six weeks.

New Orleans has a Week 9 bye, so if Bush recovers on the optimistic end of Casserly's estimate he'd only miss two games. An MRI Bush will undergo Monday should give us a better picture. Deuce McAllister will likely start against San Diego in Week 8 and at Atlanta in Week 10. Pierre Thomas will also see an increase in carries and likely dominate third-down work. It sounds like Bush should be 100% by the fantasy playoffs. He's dealt with knee trouble since Week 1 and it's a good thing he's getting it taken care of now. Oct. 19 - 5:27 pm et

Anyone worth grabbing off of waivers ?

I thinkk they are gonna spread it around and make it difficult for anyone to cash in on his replacement fantasy wise

rajun will tell you that the coaching staff doesn't have a ton of confidence in Thomas. His lack of playing time proves that out. Now may be the time where Pepe Le Pew gets his shot. I say this is the time to watch a star in the making! Pierre Thomas WILL take over the duties for the Saints!!!!!!!!

as expected...

SI.com's Peter King just phoned in with a report on Saints running back Reggie Bush. From King:

What the New Orleans Saints feared Sunday night became reality Monday morning: All-purpose running back Reggie Bush, who leads the NFL with eight TDs, has a torn meniscus in his left knee and will undergo arthriscopic surgery today to repair the knee.

Bush is expected to miss three or four weeks, beginning with this week's game in London against San Diego. The Saints then have a bye, and follow that with games at Atlanta and Kansas City. He is expected to return Nov. 16 against the Chiefs or Nov. 24 against the Packers.

Bush sustained the injury just before halftime of the Saints' loss at Carolina on Sunday. He said he felt something pop in his knee while trying to evade a Carolina tackler. The Saints advised him to see renowned doctor James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., this morning. It is Andrews who made the diagnosis on Bush.

In Bush's absence the Saints are expected to turn to backups Aaron Stecker and Pierre Thomas to take his place. New Orleans also will have a healthier Jeremy Shockey and Marques Colston back in the lineup. Both returned Sunday but weren't 100 percent because of lingering injuries.

rajun will tell you that the coaching staff doesn't have a ton of confidence in Thomas. His lack of playing time proves that out. Now may be the time where Pepe Le Pew gets his shot. I say this is the time to watch a star in the making! Pierre Thomas WILL take over the duties for the Saints!!!!!!!!

Consider it quiet optimism, but you might be spot on. They still probably don't want to lean too heavily on Deuce so they will still need someone to play as a compliment to him. I still think Thomas would be a much better option, but the question is whether they trust PT enough in pass protection whereas Stecker is a pretty good blocker.

Consider it quiet optimism, but you might be spot on. They still probably don't want to lean too heavily on Deuce so they will still need someone to play as a compliment to him. I still think Thomas would be a much better option, but the question is whether they trust PT enough in pass protection whereas Stecker is a pretty good blocker.

My guess is stecker...just like last year when he came in during fantasy playoffs and blows up. Pierre had his chance.