[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titans 6-0

Shotgun Messiahs

I do not think they are the team to beat, but, they've got as good of a shot as anyone in a wide open AFC. All of the other strong contenders have shown weaknesses or looked downright awful in at least one game this season: Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Broncos, Jags, etc.

The Titans play very good defense and good ball-control offense. Major props to them. I've always felt that Jeff Fisher was one of the best coaches in the NFL. He always seems to get the most out of his team.

...then, who is ?

Buffalo, followed closely by Tennessee and Pittsburgh. (even though I hate to admit that to you. :wacko: )

Buffalo man-handled an adequate Charger team today with out Terrence McGee or Aaron Schobel. When Trent Edwards is playing, it is an above average offense, and the defense plays like one of the best in the league.

The Titans play very good defense and good ball-control offense. Major props to them. I've always felt that Jeff Fisher was one of the best coaches in the NFL. He always seems to get the most out of his team.

+1 Fisher is an outstanding and very underrated coach. And he has his boys playing outstanding fundamental football.

Right now, I'd have to agree that they're the team to beat in the AFC. The Steelers might match up well against them, but I don't see anybody else in the conference taking them down right now. Maybe the Bills and Pats if they can score more consistently down the road.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Not the Steelers :wacko:

Trust me, I feel better about the Steelers than I did three weeks ago, but, no way am I proclaiming them the elite of the AFC. I do think their defense is phenomenal, and can keep them in a lot of games. Their offense has looked better, but, they are extremely inconsistent. I've seen them look downright terrible at times this year. Even in the 1st half today, their defense and the Bengals lack of offense was putting them in great positions to score, and th offense was blowing those opportunities.

I would agree that right now, Tennessee & Buffalo (can't believe I'm typing that) have been the most consistent teams in the AFC

Tennessee is far and away the team to beat in the entire league, not just the AFC. People saying Buffalo need to watch some Titans games. That defense is as physical as possible and controls games. Defense wins championships. Buffalo is having an amazing start, but did get it handed to them by the Cardinals. In my opinion Buffalo is a very distant 2nd.

Tennessee is far and away the team to beat in the entire league, not just the AFC. People saying Buffalo need to watch some Titans games. That defense is as physical as possible and controls games. Defense wins championships. Buffalo is having an amazing start, but did get it handed to them by the Cardinals. In my opinion Buffalo is a very distant 2nd.

Unless the Titans have a defense like the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens (and they don't), they're most likely going to need a better passing game to win a Super Bowl. While I agree that they're the best team in the AFC (and arguably the best in the league), the Titans aren't exactly blowing the rest of the NFL away. This is the same team that only managed to score 6 points in the AFC Wild Card game last year. They're vulnerable.

Unless the Titans have a defense like the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens (and they don't), they're most likely going to need a better passing game to win a Super Bowl. While I agree that they're the best team in the AFC (and arguably the best in the league), the Titans aren't exactly blowing the rest of the NFL away. This is the same team that only managed to score 6 points in the AFC Wild Card game last year. They're vulnerable.

I agree with this. I can't see them going very far with no passing game. Yes, their D will keep them in games, but if they have to ever play catch up, it's not their strength, that's for sure. I can't argue with the way they are playing so far.

Um, until they lose aren't they automatically the team to beat? I mean, it doesn't matter how the heck they do it or who they beat if they keep winning, does it?