[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys DC Relieved of Duties

Kansas State 2000

ESPN Now Has Story - What Was The Hold-up?

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips has taken over defensive play-calling duties from defensive coordinator Brian Stewart, according to a team source.

Phillips was expected to address the topic in a news conference at 4:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

Edited by Kansas State 2000

I must be missing something. Where are all these "Cowboys' fans are calling for Wade's head" coming from ? :wacko:

Think about it for a minute. The only time in JJ's ownership there has been real direction with the Cowboys is when he had two tough independent thinking coaches in Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. The rest of the time it's been the 3 stooges in living color and last year was a mirage you can thank Bill Parcells for. If JJ would just ply the money and let a good coach and general manager do the football heavy lifting it would be great. But sadly we are stuck with Al Davis Jr. I'm ready to see the pillsbury dough boy and his puppet master go.

Meanwhile in North Carolina coach Bill C is packing his bags.

Is he going on vacation or something? Cowboys already have their man in Garrett. Bill C is waiting for the Panthers job. He'll have to wait aother year and something tells me it's fine with him.