[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sick of fantasy football

capostatus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing for 8 years myself and only won the big won twice. I've watched my team have good seasons and I've watched them get clean the bottom of the outhouse toilet. To me, in my time playing, it is only getting worse with this RBBC alot of teams tend to be using.

yeah, my 7-0 team is going 7-1 tonight and i was really enjoying the unbeaten record to this point cause it dont happen very often. but i'm already thinking about how to get to 8-1 next week.

Did your season start in pre-season??? this is week 7...so, if you lose tonight, how could you be 7-1???

I'm doing okay this season, but I have to admit that I'm not enjoying it as much as I usually do. I realize that luck will alway play a huge role in this game, but the past two seasons, it seems to have more to do with who has the best week than who has the best team. I know it's always been that way to an extent, but the cream seemed to rise to the top eventually. That doesn't necessarily seem to be the case these days.

^exactly. luck and injuries are always a part of the game an d i understand that, but it seems there are more injuries and underperformers every year. like you said its the best week not best team. im 3-3 in a league where i have by far the most points. i consider myself a good manager, ive gone 10-3 the last years in my local dealing with injuries and players who were basically busts.

^exactly. luck and injuries are always a part of the game an d i understand that, but it seems there are more injuries and underperformers every year. like you said its the best week not best team. im 3-3 in a league where i have by far the most points. i consider myself a good manager, ive gone 10-3 the last years in my local dealing with injuries and players who were basically busts.

So at the first sign of adversity you throw in the towel?

For every underperformer there is someone who has a breakout year. You went 10-3 last year, this year you're not doing as well, why complain? If it beats you down that much then why play?

Fantasy Football is much like Texas Holdem. Any single tournament has more luck then skill but over the course of several tournaments over several years skill will prevail...in any 1 season luck is much more of a factor then it is over the course of many seasons over many years...in the end just like in poker the skill will prevail. I have played in a 12 man league for 19 years now...I have gone 7-7 or better 18 straight years....some luck there but if it was 99% luck how can I be that lucky for the 1st 18 years in a row ? In other leagues I have won titles and finished 3-11...it happens.