[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sick of fantasy football

capostatus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am as frustrated as anyone in another one of my leagues my only dynasty leauge I play in. Get this for a fun year. This is our 12th season...I have drafted really well when the players were rookies getting most of these guys Rivers, Palmer, LT, S-Jackson, S-Slaton, R-Moss, S-Smith, B-Marshall, A-Gates...that is the core of my team.....I won 5 titles in my 1st 11 years...I went 7-7 also in this leauge for the 11 years in a row....I went 12-2 last year (lost in the playoffs by 1 point)....I went 11-3 the year before...I Have the exact same team as last year with the same players.

I am on the verge of going 1-6 after tonight....12-2 last year....1-6 this year same exact team. Wow didn't see that coming...it hurts but what can I do ? I prepare for next year is what I do. I traded Rhodes this week for a future 3rd round pick, Prater and Garrard. The guy is in the hunt and had RB injures so I pilfered him for the future. Prater screwed me tonight but I like him for the future...with Palmer as my 2nd QB maybe injured I like having Garrard for the future. Just 1 example...I am sure others have many examples...what makes things easier is I play in many leauges so when some suck you can lesson the blow with the good ones...I am in 27 leauges this year...they are not all going well.

this is your fantasy nostradamus?

when you play in 27 leagues, its hard NOT to win a superbowl. LOL

i know most of you fools play in like 20 leagues.......that takes zero skill.

Muto would kick your tail in any league, any time. Just name the place.

Read between the lines and don't be a d00sh.

Hey, I'm 0-6 in the Huddle Ladder. I was 52 points down and needed fantastic performances by Moss and S. Morris against Denver. I get to within 10 points and find out Morris is out with a knee injury whie watching some no name back torch the Denver D for what shoulda coulda woulda been Morris' yards and TD. Looks like I'm 0-7 now and can't catch a break if I tried, and I'm trying too. It's so sad that I just have to laugh about it and try and make someone really feel like sh*t next week for losing to the 0-7 team. I have never been 0-7 in any league and I've been playing for 16 years. I'll never quit though. I started my local last season at 1-6 and proceeded to win 9 out of 10(no playoffs) to finish 10-7 and half a game out of the money. I have a reputation in my local that nobody wants to face me towards the end of the season if I have a losing record because I still try and kick arss and they know it. I get satisfaction by knocking someone out of the money or playoffs.

So keep your head up and go get em next week. Surely if I can still laugh about it and still try at 0-7, you can too.

Fantasy sports are ALL luck. Find any cheatsheet and follow it, get lucky , guess correctly on the waivers , avoid the big injury and YOU WIN !

I proved this in fantasy baseball this season. I didn't even know 80% of the guys I drafted, didn't know any of the names of the players i picked up on waivers, yet somehow won the championship. Go figure. It's all about luck

:wacko: i love these threads. when i get pissed off at fantasy football, i recall the monday night game last year when i was up by 20 points and brett favre throws an 80-yard touchdown to greg jennings in OT to win the game. in our league that play was worth EXACTLY 20 points, and my opponent wins the tie breaker and beats me. completely arbitrary. getting mad at fantasy football is like getting mad at the weather.

Losing in fantasy football is necessary, to make it that much sweeter when you win the big one. Keep grinding it out, and the wins will come. Maybe not this year, but soon enough.

I myself cannot see myself losing interest, but I am only nine years deep and coming of my second championship ever (last season). I thought I would never break through. Now I feel like I can't be stopped.

I haven't been through all the teams yet but I believe I went 0-11 this week. Talk about bad luck. Worst part is 4 of those teams are leading the division and 2 are leading the whole league in scoring. Just one of those weeks. :wacko: