[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow suspended

Henry Muto

If this is because they wanted him to stay quiet about being yet another Brown to catch staph infection and he refused then screw them. I haven't followed the story that closely but this is the indication that I've gotten. Maybe I'm wrong here...

wow. dude gets another staph infection 'cause they can't keep their chit clean or whatever. the browns try and cover it up, so that everybody is whispering that winslow has swollen balls or something risque. he tells the truth to protect his teammates and gets a suspension. it seems like now that matt millen is gone phil savage has seen his opportunity to rise to league preeminence as the biggest jackass GM in the league. that organization is a complete joke.

Edited by Azazello1313

In an article I read earlier today Crennel said he was a distraction and would have to do something about that. So I guess he did. Winslow has a lot of damn gall pointing out that once more a Cleveland player had a staph infection. How dare him.

In other news.... it has been reported that Winslow was shopped around before the trade deadline too.

Problem or not, you can't criticize the GM and expect everything to be hunky dory.

As an employer, god forbid I had some unsafe workplace scenario brewing, I'll be damned if my employees would owe it to me to keep their mouth shut if one after another kept falling victim to the situation. Dude, this has gone beyond random.

That's my problem to deal with and dealing with it doesn't include simply telling everyone to keep their mouth shut.

If this is because they wanted him to stay quiet about being yet another Brown to catch staph infection and he refused then screw them. I haven't followed the story that closely but this is the indication that I've gotten. Maybe I'm wrong here...

I think it's safe to say that both sides are fed up with one another.

I'd be surprised if Winslow were in a Browns uniform next year.

Ok my view has been changed. Wasn't aware that Browns players have had 6 staph infections since 2005. There's definitely something wrong ..... I still don't agree with a players public criticism of a GM, but this one seems to have some merit to it. :wacko:

Problem or not, you can't criticize the GM and expect everything to be hunky dory.

You put my health at risk, after 4 others? They're lucky that all he's doing is saying words.

I'm a little surprised: you work in the film industry and see potentially unsafe work conditions all the time. I know because I was a 1st AD for over a dozen years. You could find something on a set nearly every day. Is this how you would handle them?

You put my health at risk, after 4 others? They're lucky that all he's doing is saying words.

I'm a little surprised: you work in the film industry and see potentially unsafe work conditions all the time. I know because I was a 1st AD for over a dozen years. You could find something on a set nearly every day. Is this how you would handle them?

I think you posted before I did lol. And I agree 100% with you.

On another note, here is alittle info by the Wall Street Journal concerning the matter.

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/10/21/kel...=googlenews_wsj

Wow! Winslow and the Brown players are the victims here. I can't believe the Browns had the balls to suspend him for essentially speaking up about dangerous working conditions that have a growing history since 2005. The Players union better step up. I feel like the Browns players could easily sue and win a law suit against the Brown's organization for a dangerous workplace. This could get ugly if the right (or wrong) legal representatives get involved.

+1,000,00,00

What's going on at this organization is absurd. The NFLPA needs to get involved ASAP, before a player gets seriously infected.

Chargerz had a good poast on it in another thread, and I had surgery last year and got all paranoid about it. But staph has recently developed some incredibly virulent strains that simply are near impossible to kill. Chargerz was saying that simple disinfectant might not take care of it once inside a facility. Hospitals are very aware of this and still have a large amount of staph cases every year. It's a bordeline epidemic depending on who you talk to.

I am at a loss for words. Winslow had every right to speak his mind. He was upset that Savage didn't visit or call when he was hospitalized and compound that with an overall lackluster effort against DC, he broke. That being said, this couldn't have come at a worse time for me. Whatwith Greg Olson on bye and all :wacko:

Wow! Winslow and the Brown players are the victims here. I can't believe the Browns had the balls to suspend him for essentially speaking up about dangerous working conditions that have a growing history since 2005. The Players union better step up. I feel like the Browns players could easily sue and win a law suit against the Brown's organization for a dangerous workplace. This could get ugly if the right (or wrong) legal representatives get involved.

This would make him much more heroic, but what I heard him speak up about was his complaint that the GM didn't bother to call him in the hospital, only the head coach, position coach, and players so he didn't feel like part of the team because the GM didn't call or visit. He went on and on about not being part of the team and not knowing how he fit ... no mention of other players having staph in that interview ... Sounds like his publicist spun it nicely and changed that selfish rant to one blasting the team. If so, the NFLPA owes the publicist a bonus.

As you are a 12+ year film industry professional as a 1st AD, I am in no position to argue about set safety with you lol. I concede the argument.

As an employer, god forbid I had some unsafe workplace scenario brewing, I'll be damned if my employees would owe it to me to keep their mouth shut if one after another kept falling victim to the situation. Dude, this has gone beyond random.

That's my problem to deal with and dealing with it doesn't include simply telling everyone to keep their mouth shut.

Agreed. I don't want yes men around when there is a problem. I want workers that tell me the truth(privately first before going public). If you expect workers that keep quiet you won't keep good employees.

I want workers that tell me the truth(privately first before going public).

That's where Winslow rubbed Savage and Romeo the wrong way. Heck, Crennel said he wasn't even aware Staff Infections were an issue; while that's a little extreme and blind in my opinion, it does demonstrate that Winslow didn't come to him about it.