[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker

Rileyrott

10/22/08 7:07 PM ET

According to Rotoworld:

Willie Parker is not on the Steelers' Week 8 injury report.

He's practicing fully again. It's possible the Steelers held FWP out of their Week 7 game as a precaution, knowing they'd stomp the Bengals without him. Parker will start against the Giants' fifth-ranked run defense Sunday.

LINK

What does this mean for M Moore?

EDIT: Per The Huddle Priority News: Huddle Link.

Willie Parker - RB - Pittsburgh Steelers Posted 10/22/08 9:18pm et

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Willie Parker (knee) participated in practice Wednesday, Oct. 22. He is expected to play in the team's Week 8 game.

The Huddle's Take: "Fast Willie" Parker returns to the practice field this week for Pittsburgh but will likely still be limited even if he manages to play in Week 8. Look for running back Mewelde Moore to get the start with Parker getting a few touches to get back into action.

Seems like conflicting information to me.

Edited by Rileyrott

My take: What it means for Moore is that he'll go back to the bench. Well more like the backup/CoP role in the offense. There's no question that in Parker's absence Moore put up great numbers but it was against the Bengals and the Jaguars who have allowed teams to run on them. Moore will have value but it will be limited now but still an important handcuff for Parker owners. I rode Moore for a couple weeks but already dropped him in favor of other available players with more potential.

Edited by irish

It seems like FWP injury is one of those lingering types so I am going to hold on to MM just in case unless I really am forced to drop him

If you have the room then this is probably a pretty smart move. In practice FWP is running around with a brace on that knee. I don't think the Steelers feel any need to rush him back to the lineup so I think that he is recovered but having said that once a ding is in place...

This is a tough RB bye week for me and I'm monitoring FWP's status pretty closely as a Mewelde owner... there seems to be lots of different thoughts here and we probably won't know till Sunday during the game how much he plays. If completely healthy, moore is a bench warmer... tough call this week.

This is a tough RB bye week for me and I'm monitoring FWP's status pretty closely as a Mewelde owner... there seems to be lots of different thoughts here and we probably won't know till Sunday during the game how much he plays. If completely healthy, moore is a bench warmer... tough call this week.

IMHO...Does it not seem that FWP is at 100%. He is not even on the injury report...He is not even listed as probable.

If there was a small amount of doubt do we not think he would still be on the injury report as probable?

I think it will be more of MM with a bit of Parker...

Nope. If Parker is active, he will see the bulk of the carries. I don't see the Steelers having Parker dress and taking the chance as a change of pace back. Either he is ready to return to his role, or he will be inactive. Not trying to be a know-it-all, just basing it on past instances that I've seen with Tomlin.

Nope. If Parker is active, he will see the bulk of the carries. I don't see the Steelers having Parker dress and taking the chance as a change of pace back. Either he is ready to return to his role, or he will be inactive. Not trying to be a know-it-all, just basing it on past instances that I've seen with Tomlin.

+1 He is either ready or not...I do not think they want to get his knee in football shape with a few carries?