[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady career in jeopardy?

LayLow

Brady

Tom Brady has reportedly suffered several setbacks in his recovery from surgery to repair a torn MCL and ACL due to infection and has undergone three additional procedures to eradicate it.

Brady confirmed last week that he had one more surgery to "clean and to test the wound," but the Herald reports he's had two more since then. Doctors fear the infections will compromise the initial reconstruction and the entire process may have to be redone, starting from scratch. Infections after knee surgery are considered rare and one doctor told the paper that Brady has had "really bad luck." He could be OK if the infections clear, but the process could prove career threatening if Brady needs another full reconstruction.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only caught the tail end of the Mike and Mike discussion but it sounded like using a cadaver's ACL could be an option, but that would be worst case.

From the discussions I have heard, a cadaver's ACL is not a great option, because you are using dead tissue, which is more succeptible to infection. Using live tissue is supposed to be the most efficient way to reduce the chance of infection. It has not been disclosed which type of ligament was used in brady's initial surgery.

Feel bad for the guy....the chance of infection is suppsoedly below 5%.

Why doesn't Teddy Bruschi give him his ACL, I'm sure he could get by with only one.

:wacko:

:D

Hines Ward only has one ACL

Seriously.................:D

Snippet:

Hines Ward is a teacher. He has taught defensive backs to be wary of his presence lest they find themselves laid out like a felled tree by one of his savage blocks. He has taught his employers, the Pittsburgh Steelers, to ignore the NFL actuarial tables that reflexively dismiss the potential of a six-foot, 205-pound wide receiver with one ACL who can't run all that fast or jump all that high. He has taught fans that a man can average 100 catches and 1,165 yards over three seasons while conducting himself like a thorough professional and remain, for all intents and purposes, a complete unknown in the world's most hyperpublicized sport.

From the discussions I have heard, a cadaver's ACL is not a great option, because you are using dead tissue, which is more succeptible to infection. Using live tissue is supposed to be the most efficient way to reduce the chance of infection. It has not been disclosed which type of ligament was used in brady's initial surgery.

Maybe Joe Theisman can donate his.

Seriously.................:wacko:

Snippet:

Hines Ward is a teacher. He has taught defensive backs to be wary of his presence lest they find themselves laid out like a felled tree by one of his savage blocks. He has taught his employers, the Pittsburgh Steelers, to ignore the NFL actuarial tables that reflexively dismiss the potential of a six-foot, 205-pound wide receiver with one ACL who can't run all that fast or jump all that high. He has taught fans that a man can average 100 catches and 1,165 yards over three seasons while conducting himself like a thorough professional and remain, for all intents and purposes, a complete unknown in the world's most hyperpublicized sport.

And John Elway had none. True.

Seriously.................:wacko:

Snippet:

When the doctor suggested Hines use a cadaver ACL Hines Blind sided him in the examination room

That really sucks. Is this the same strain of antibiotic-resistant staph that infected Winslow?

I seriously doubt that Brady's career is in jeopardy, though. I don't know where that came from.

I think the Boston Media is making it more of a story than it really is.