[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP?

detlef

I was just talking with my chef about it and it's pretty slim pickings so far. We couldn't come up with a single guy in the entire AFC and the only guys we could come up with in the NFC were Brees and Portis. And, considering that NO isn't winning a whole lot and RBs typically need to put up outrageous numbers (like a minimum of 25 TDs), we weren't crazy fired up about either of those.

Seriously, there's just not a whole lot out there.

When you look at the teams that have great records, it's not like anyone on those teams is putting up great numbers. Tenn? Pitt? NYG? Carolina? Buffalo? Tampa?

The only guy I see on any of those teams who could figure into the mix is Eli Manning but nobody is talking about him either.

Thoughts?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Portis would have to have the NFC lead. How bout Michael Turner? Greg Jennings? Kurt Warner?

As for the AFC, I dunno, maybe Albert Haynesworth? Rivers?

If a RB has to put up crazy numbers, a WR has to put up insane numbers. No way Jennings wins it unless he gets 2 TDs a game the rest of the season.

I'm surprised that nobody is saying Brees. Despite constant injuries to his offense, dude has been putting up sick numbers (last week excepted). Also, his WRs have been dropping passes left and right and dude still managed to put up some pretty nice completion percentages. If you took away the easy drops, he'd be staring 80% in the face.

I agree that NO would have to put some sort of run together to garner him a chance. However, if the MNF guys who were slobbering all over his jock a few weeks ago had anything to say about it, he'd be man of the year, Nobel Prize Winner, and King of the World as well.

I'm not sure if he could possibly win MVP, but I'm starting to think Brandon Marshall is the best talent in the league.

I'm beginning to think that f'er better start finding the endzone again when they come out of the bye. I want more games like what he put up earlier in the season. FF speaking, of course.

Other than Haynesworth in the AFC, who else would be in the running?

I would have to say Rivers, but I can't think of anyone else that is even in the conversation. I don't think the Broncos will have a good enough record for Cutler/Marshall. Nobody on Pittsburgh really seems to be standing out, at least offensively. I'm really thinking it has to be defense.

Thus my point. It's completely up in the air. Kyle Orton also got mentioned here at work and the amazing thing is that it's not a totally silly thought. I mean, he's going to need to do something great in the second half but he's got about as good a shot as most anyone else right now if he does.

In the AFC, I'd give it to Haynesworth as well. The problem is that defensive players tend to not get that award. And Haynesworth is only one part of a really good defense (Bullock, Vanden Bosch, etc.) Players on non-playoff teams tend to not get it either, which takes out Brandon Marshall and possibly Rivers as well. I agree that Roethlisberger might be the front-runner, even if he doesn't deserve it.

I agree that Portis has to be the front-runner in the NFC, although Campbell's imnproved play is what really turned that offense around. Brees won't get it unless the Saints go on a tear.

Edited by Bill Swerski