[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who's the main rb in New England this week?

derek

Most of us have been trying to figure that out for years, now... many have given up trying, and just stay away from NE backs altogether. :D

I would look at it like this:

- Between the two, Faulk is more than likely the guy they are going to rely on at key points in the game (3rd down, 4th quarter, maybe even goal line).

- BGE has only seen significant PT once this year, and that was in a blowout.

- Even when splitting time, Faulk does OK in PPR leagues, due to the fact that he is the 3rd down guy.

That said, Faulk is not the kind of back who is going to get 30 carries. BJGE is going to get his 10-15 this week, but only because all of their other options are out. That's my guess, anyway... Who knows, though. Given BB's history, he'll probably put Vrabel or Bruschi at halfback. :wacko:

I'm starting Faulk in one deep league as a bye-week filler. My expectations are conservative, though... my guess would be 7-10 carries, 3-5 receptions, around 50-60 total yards... Anything above and beyond that, including a score, would be a bonus.

Bottom line - If it's a PPR league, go with KF. If not, and you feel like taking a risk (or have no other options), go ahead and give BGE a shot. Just don't be too disappointed if he comes up empty.

If I could get either, I'd go Faulk, especially in PPR. BJGE might end up being the man, but BB loves Faulk, even when he had Dillon in there. In a PPR Faulk is a steady, 5-10 pt guy with upside.

Having said that, if I needed a home run and was sitting at 3-4 and needed to swing for the fence to try and get back in the playoffs, I'd pick up Green-Ellis. Sammy Morris is a journeyman back and did well last week, so maybe the rook can capture lightning in a bottle for the rest of the season.

Also factor in that Heath Evans could get the goal line carries.....

Not taking the Rams lightly, but with Steven Jackson a 'game time' decision, and their big offensive threat, I could see getting the bulk of the carries early on....and if the Pats go up, Big BenJarvus getting the late carries....

If I was a betting man as to which one would score, I would say Faulk....as stated earlier, BB loves him and he catches a lot out of the backfield.....as RB's have come and gone in New England (Antowain Smith...Corey Dillon....Maroney) Faulk has always been a constant....and a contributor...

agree with chinatown

evans will see action and steal carries from BJGE and KF

KF is not a 3 down back, but a 3rd down back

but he will do whatever is asked of him and who knows what BB will ask.

it would not surprise me to see BJGE get a td....

that sid, i'd stay away from the Patriots rb's