[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis

redknightsgoingdown

is it time to sell high on Portis?

I am of the mindset that generally everything that goes up will go down in FF and Portis is #1.

He has logged 163 carries and 10 catches. He is on pace for 373 carries and 23 catches... almost 400 touches. He is already hurting and hopefully he makes it to the bye week in 1 piece.

Thoughts?

What's crazy is that in the league I have him no one is biting on any of the trade offers...

is it time to sell high on Portis?

I am of the mindset that generally everything that goes up will go down in FF and Portis is #1.

He has logged 163 carries and 10 catches. He is on pace for 373 carries and 23 catches... almost 400 touches. He is already hurting and hopefully he makes it to the bye week in 1 piece.

Thoughts?

What's crazy is that in the league I have him no one is biting on any of the trade offers...

While it's true that players don't tend to stay hot throughout the entire FF season, there's not much reason to believe Portis will suddenly stop being productive.

Consider the state of NFL RBs right now. SJax, LT, Addai, Westbrook are struggling with injuries. If the RB isn't banged up and NOT in an RBBC... are they as productive as Portis? AD was knicked up but is getting back to form. Lynch has been scoring but his yardage has been lacking. Gore has been nice but isn't without an injury risk and prone to a few real duds. Turner has been up and down. Forte has seen his yardage trail off.

So Portis is banged up. There aren't many RBs who aren't right now. There's really no reason for him to participate heavily in practice anyways. The bye week is coming soon (thank God). I'd rather keep him and hang on to his backup because there aren't many RBs in a better situation than Portis. And none have been more productive.

Edited by kingfish247

portis is gonna be getting alot of days off to rest his body....

itll be the same all year....hell be in rough shape after the game....rest....feel a little better....feel better....then sunday and hes back to square one....

there isnt much practice will do for this guy....one of the best blocking backs....zorn will do everything he can to take care of him

maybe id stay away from him next year if he logs 400 touches....but i dunno...sell at your own risk....he just keeps getting it done

While it's true that players don't tend to stay hot throughout the entire FF season, there's not much reason to believe Portis will suddenly stop being productive.

Consider the state of NFL RBs right now. SJax, LT, Addai, Westbrook are struggling with injuries. If the RB isn't banged up and NOT in an RBBC... are they as productive as Portis? AD was knicked up but is getting back to form. Lynch has been scoring but his yardage has been lacking. Gore has been nice but isn't without an injury risk and prone to a few real duds. Turner has been up and down. Forte has seen his yardage trail off.

So Portis is banged up. There aren't many RBs who aren't right now. There's really no reason for him to participate heavily in practice anyways. The bye week is coming soon (thank God). I'd rather keep him and hang on to his backup because there aren't many RBs in a better situation than Portis. And none have been more productive.

portis is gonna be getting alot of days off to rest his body....

itll be the same all year....hell be in rough shape after the game....rest....feel a little better....feel better....then sunday and hes back to square one....

there isnt much practice will do for this guy....one of the best blocking backs....zorn will do everything he can to take care of him

maybe id stay away from him next year if he logs 400 touches....but i dunno...sell at your own risk....he just keeps getting it done

These 2 guys said it all and said it well. Portis is a gamer and unless he sustains a major injury which is a concern to have about every single player and moreso for those getting an increased amount of touches, he's a STUD.

Here's a little updated news on Portis...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Portis Practices, Is Ready to Go

Jason Reid has the injury report:

Running back Clinton Portis, who leads the NFL in rushing, participated fully in practice yesterday, Coach Jim Zorn said.

"He's getting better and better," Zorn said. "He did everything. He didn't do it at full speed, but he's been getting all the work done. The thing about Clinton, he's worked his body hard.

"It feels better, feels better, feels better, and now he's about to make it feel bad again. That's just the way it's going to be all season long. These running backs, they really sacrifice. They take the most pounding of anybody in the game."