[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday Comfort Food

DuckterDeath

This the recipe my Mom made when we were kids, as described in an email from her. I'm making it today.

A few details she did not add:

- Figure on about 2 hours or so if you use a pressure cooker, which is the way she usually did it.

- I added enough soup/water mix to cover about 3/4 of the roast. Check it about once per hour to see if you need more, unless you are familiar with your pressure cooker.

- For the double win, scoop this stuff up and dump it over a big pile of mashed potatoes.

"1.5 Cups Flour

3 Egg Yolks

4 Tablespoons Milk

1/2 Stick of Butter

1 Teaspoon Salt

Mix. Roll. Cut. I like to let them dry 24-hours. Periodically mixing the noodles so they dry evenly. I usually add a sprinkle a little bit of flour to the noodles to help them dry.

As for the meat, I like to cook it in a pressure. I always add two packets of dry onion soup to the meat and water. You can also bring the meat to a boil and simmer until tender. If I do it that way, I usually like to let it simmer all day.

When the meat becomes tender the meat should pull apart with a fork into small chunks. Add the noodles and simmer until noodles are done. (make sure you add the flour left from the noodles - it helps thicken the broth)"

EDIT. She said she usually doubles the noodle recipe. Also, I let them dry in a bowl in the fridge.

Edited by DuckterDeath

I'm going with the old standby today. Big chuck roast in the crockpot with taters, carrots, onion, broth, and onion soup mix, started at 8 am. Its a chilly fall day (must be down to 58 or so :wacko: ) and it smells really good in here. Perfect fall football meal.

For the 1 o'clock games we did a pancake party: Choco chip pancakes, banana pancakes, pancakes topped with macerated strawberries and home made whipped cream.

For dinner, eggplant parm.

Good times.

:wacko: no blueberries???

I don't know about the rest of the country, but in the Northeast, blueberry season is very short. Between May and early August you can get 3 pints of blueberries for $5. By the beginning of September they're $4 for a pint, and now I can't get them at all. But they sure do make summertime great.