[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Kornhole

Shorttynaz

Will someone stuff a sock in his f'ng cockhole? So tired of listening to his bandwagon ass. Earlier in the game he was blowin the Colts.. Now that Tennessee is pulling away, he's all over their jock straps..

Gonna start callin him John Kerry here pretty soon..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Won't be long now. ESPN is going to stick Whoopie Goldberg and the rest of the view in the booth. They just can't get it right. Stick a true play by play guy in there and get rid of those stupid sideline reporters with their obvious rants regarding football players. While they're at it, stop forcing the coaches to stop and talk with these clowns. My favorite question is " Coach, looks like you're offense is struggling to move the ball out here tonight." "What adjustments will you make at halftime?"

Maybe it's just because I'm actually watching the game but I just don't get all the outrage about Kornheiser.

Also, I didn't realize that announcers were required to pick a side and stick with it. I was under the impression that they were there to point out what was going on.

Well, guess what. In the first half, Indy was doing what Indy needed to do. They were running well and stopping the run. Two things that they hadn't done all season. So, he was making a big deal about that. If you haven't been watching much football, you might not have known that. That's his job to point out.

Then, when Tenn and Collins rose to the occasion, he hyped them. Again, that's his job. Tenn is not built to come from behind and Collins was certainly not brought in to put the team on his back so this was also very newsworthy.

What I think is that people decide who they're supposed to like and who they're not. Then, regardless of what they do, it just reinforces their opinion.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the guy any more so than anyone else. It just amazes me how much attention people give to the woes of MNF and their choice of announcers. When the games are good, MNF is good. When the games suck, MNF sucks. I've never watched an otherwise crappy game thinking, "Well Al Michaels is making this thing worth watching. Great choice guys." Nor have I gotten up from a nail biter because I got sick of Dan Deirdorf (who I do feel is nearly intolerable). Maybe in the past MNF was able to get by on the crew in the booth. Then again, when Dandy Don and Co. were talking to me, we had all of 3 channels to choose from. Might have had something to do with their strangle-hold on the ratings.

See, that's the thing. It's out on a island and one of dozens and dozens of things you can watch at primetime. If the 1pm game on Sunday is a dog, you get up and mow the lawn or something. No big deal, but your week 9 MNF match-up that was supposed to feature two Super Bowl contenders that now suck because of this reason or that, you're kind of hosed. It's Monday night, the lights are on, everyone's at the bar, and you've got two crappy teams with back-up QBs behind center.

Edited by detlef

The primary reason I have such a dislike for the guy is that he continually disrupts the play by play and takes the focus off the game to place it on the booth. In my opinion a good announcing team should be keeping the focus on the game, whether the game be good or bad. He doesn't do this. He keeps trying to engage Jaws in PTI style debates. Two man booths work well for a reason. ESPN should give it a try.

Maybe it's just because I'm actually watching the game but I just don't get all the outrage about Kornheiser.

Also, I didn't realize that announcers were required to pick a side and stick with it. I was under the impression that they were there to point out what was going on.

Well, guess what. In the first half, Indy was doing what Indy needed to do. They were running well and stopping the run. Two things that they hadn't done all season. So, he was making a big deal about that. If you haven't been watching much football, you might not have known that. That's his job to point out.

Then, when Tenn and Collins rose to the occasion, he hyped them. Again, that's his job. Tenn is not built to come from behind and Collins was certainly not brought in to put the team on his back so this was also very newsworthy.

What I think is that people decide who they're supposed to like and who they're not. Then, regardless of what they do, it just reinforces their opinion.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the guy any more so than anyone else. It just amazes me how much attention people give to the woes of MNF and their choice of announcers. When the games are good, MNF is good. When the games suck, MNF sucks. I've never watched an otherwise crappy game thinking, "Well Al Michaels is making this thing worth watching. Great choice guys." Nor have I gotten up from a nail biter because I got sick of Dan Deirdorf (who I do feel is nearly intolerable). Maybe in the past MNF was able to get by on the crew in the booth. Then again, when Dandy Don and Co. were talking to me, we had all of 3 channels to choose from. Might have had something to do with their strangle-hold on the ratings.

See, that's the thing. It's out on a island and one of dozens and dozens of things you can watch at primetime. If the 1pm game on Sunday is a dog, you get up and mow the lawn or something. No big deal, but your week 9 MNF match-up that was supposed to feature two Super Bowl contenders that now suck because of this reason or that, you're kind of hosed. It's Monday night, the lights are on, everyone's at the bar, and you've got two crappy teams with back-up QBs behind center.

You make valid points detlef. For me personally, I have been ruined because I remember Howard Cosell.

Because it's difficult to enjoy the game while a jock sniffing jackhole who doesn't understand the game beyond that the ball isn't round sits and lectures to the audience about the game, all the while trying to display his kindergarten level intellect to impress the masses.

At least Dennis Miller had some genuine intellect.

Someone ought to tell the production crews and management that even though they are presenting a ratings-bonanza prime time matchup that they are still televising a football game. If they want to use guys like Kornholer, steal Dancing with the Stars from another network.

Edited by Bronco Billy

If they were smart they'd get some Super Hawt Chick that tracks Fantasy points and jumps up and down alot :D:D and bends over to hike a ball whenever theirs a TD :wacko:

This is an absolutely fine solution and one that could, perhaps, save what would be an otherwise unwatchable game.

Because it's difficult to enjoy the game while a jock sniffing jackhole who doesn't understand the game beyond that the ball isn't round sits and lectures to the audience about the game, all the while trying to display his kindergarten level intellect to impress the masses.

Someone ought to tell the production crews and management that even though they are presenting a ratings-bonanza prime time matchup that they are still televising a football game. If they want to use guys like Kornholer, steal Dancing with the Stars from another network.

+1. Kornheiser has all the analytical capabilities of the fat drunk who just threw up on the counter at the end of the bar. He's a shouting moran.

The primary reason I have such a dislike for the guy is that he continually disrupts the play by play and takes the focus off the game to place it on the booth. In my opinion a good announcing team should be keeping the focus on the game, whether the game be good or bad. He doesn't do this. He keeps trying to engage Jaws in PTI style debates. Two man booths work well for a reason. ESPN should give it a try.

great point.

i really tried to listen to him lastnight with an unbiased ear, but that lasted about 1 quarter.

he had nothing of substance or fact to offer. it was all conjecture, airey fairey opinion and just a bunch

of rambling thoughts that went nowhere.

besides that, his screech owl voice scares my cat and he looks like he was just rescued from

being lost in the mountains for 9 days.....all right, i gotta stop before i lose it.....

I was in agreement til this, At least Dennis Miller had some genuine intellect. Couldn't stand the guy.

Detlef, Dierdorf is way better than TK, I'd much rather see Al & Dan, add in Jaws, would be a much better show than now.

Couldn't stand the guy.

Nor could I. When you've got an announcer trying to impress a football listening public with comparisons of players to Agamemnon and football games to the Battle of Thermopylae, you've got yourself the definition of a match made in Hell. All I'm saying is that Kornholer aspires to be what Miller was and fails miserably. Now that's bad...

I have a solution to the whole thing...

Jaws & Kornheiser can't seem to get along with each other outside of the 5 minutes they spend together on PTI every Monday. In the booth during MNF it just seems like Tony is trying to bait Jaws into a debate/fight every couple minutes. So, I propose a steel cage match at the 50 yard line between the two of them every monday during halftime(televised of course) with Tirico(who i do enjoy) as the referee. The loser is not allowed to talk during the 2nd half each week. Done.