[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We really don't want to do this, but we are.............

Cowboyz1

That is going to be the theme of this thread. I don't really want to:

Go into New York without Romo,

Go into New York with an All Rookie Secondary,

Go into New York with Brad Johnson at QB, throwing to another rookie at TE

I don't like having to go into New York after they just showed how nasty that Defense can be against Big Ben, taking him down like he was a log in a cord of wood, stacked up behind the line of scrimmage along with his linemen.

5 possessions in Money Time and this is what the Giants did to the Steelers, or rather what Big Ben and Co. did,

08:52 6:10 PIT 23 10 17 Punt

01:43 2:43 NYG 49 6 15 Interception

4th Quarter

08:18 1:30 PIT 30 4 -30 Fumble, Safety

03:07 0:59 PIT 31 4 6 Downs

01:48 0:24 PIT 10 4 -5 Interception

I’m not that pissed about starting Ben in FF either. :D Thank you Scaife! :D

Eli made that one play that changed the game with Toomer doing his best playmaker imitation after a bush league number Eli pulled to get them into 4th and a lot more then before he F'up just out of a Time Out.

I don't want to wonder if Romo just might play, which he won't, because if he did it would make this an entirely different game all together. But he will be in his backward ball cap.

Fine,

I don't want to talk smack about this game, but I can't go about hunting then not pull the trigger! As I have been sporting this Sig line since a fateful day not so long ago, when we fell one bullet short.

Suffice to say, I just don't really feel good about this but I just can't tilt on this Rivalry.

That being said, I WANT TO believe in what the Cowboys Defense did to the 5-2 NFC’s Tampa Bay Bucs.

This was quite a nice stat line for the Entire Second Half against Garcia, up 4, with the game on the line.

15:00 0:42 0 0 Fumble

11:01 3:40 TB 9 6 13 Punt

05:13 4:39 TB 21 10 56 Field Goal

4th Quarter

13:03 0:30 TB 43 3 0 Punt

11:34 1:36 TB 42 3 7 Punt

04:15 4:02 TB 26 16 41 Downs

That's Six possessions and 3 points. That was with a Secondary of Scandrick, Jenkins, and Alan Ball. Ever heard of these guys? For 2 1st Year Rookies, Not bad, not to bad at all.

Just 42 Yards for Graham who was held in check by a smothering front led by Ratliff and Canty while James and Zach cleaning up the scraps.

Roy Williams goes up and gets it's for a TD showing he can be red zone danger.

I don't want to look at Brad Johnson’s stat line. I don't, I really reallly don't, because 122 yards is not going to get it done most days. In fact, Never will it likely happen again, since it has NEVER happened in Cowboys history until this past Sunday. So obviously, the person at QB on Sunday will have to keep the same ZERO turnovers stats, but also throw for at least 200 yards in order to win.

So I don't want to look at how Brad Johnson's arm resembles a gun made by daisy. Which begs the question of how can he get the ball on target? Then I think, But with weapons like Owens, Roy Williams, Austin, and newly drafted Bennett at TE, if given just a little bit of time, someone should get open enough to catch a few of Johnson’s lobs.

I don’t want to see Witten on the field. He was hurting pretty bad on Sunday and for Jason not to play, he must have been in pretty bad shape. The kind of shape 6 days won’t be enough to heal, especially before a game like this. I hope they save him from Sunday and play Bennett. This opinion has nothing to do with me playing against him this week in FF either. Seriously, we need him for the stretch.

So here I am, not wanting to go into New York with all this youth on defense, and an Aging Veteran under center, and Witten in a backwards ball cap.

But then again this youth is why we are rolling into town 5-3 and not 4-4. Maybe this is just what the doctor ordered is some cocky youth out there just hungry enough to make some big time plays?

Outside stuff on both sides with Jones showing his stupidity in Dallas while Burress causing trouble and looked unenthused Sunday, wonder if that continues in New York? Dallas has seemed to move on.

All that said, I’m here to put it down on my Cowboys. That’s right your Big Blue is going down like a big blue Water Balloon ripe to be popped.

So I give you 3 reasons we ride into New York and stomp a W for the standings.

1. This defense loves to hit Brandon Jacobs, just to shut his foolish mouth.

2. These rookie corners can play and are ready to make some plays. They’re due.

3. Marion Barber and this line love to pound the Giants.

Boys 19 Gmen 16 and I got a sig line to back it up. :wacko:

Cowboys D puts a few extra bricks in they're pockets for the Giants.

Edited by Cowboyz1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything in the game points to the Giants. They have a healthy QB. They have a healthy running game. They're at home. Dallas is banged up.

Which is presicely why this is the perfect setup for a classic division rumble. I don't care what the odds, this is Boys vs. Gmen and I am not going to back down from this battle. What we fans are only suppose to bet when we feel like we have the edge? No, I don't roll like that. Win if you can, Lose if you must, but always talk $hit. Thiis is Giants week and if our QB is on crutches and our secondary is in wheelchairs, we still have a chance to beat the Gmen. I will be darned if I don't take advantage of an opportunity to hang a sig line on all you overconfident Giant fans.

Beating you all down at full strength is one thing but rolling into town and showing you up as the underdogs is can't miss football.

Those of you who think your going to be watching the NBA during this game are in for a rude awakening. I suggest you keep your dial on Boys vs. Gmen this Sunday.

If we stop the run, Eli can be forced into mistakes. We will stop the run.

I am Cowboyz1 and your all covered. :wacko:

This board is getting soft, in days past there would be an us vs. them sig bet even if one team was winless and one team was undefeated. This is Giants week and there is know sweeter Sunday in football.

Edited by Cowboyz1

There is NO CHANCE for the Cowgals to win this week , we knock Johnson out by half time . In for any bet you like.

You should know better then to say that. I can give you so many ways the Cowboys win this game. But for now I will stay with the three I gave, plus this one,

Ware and Ellis coming off the edge at Eli Clean in the first Quarter. Remember Spencer tossing Eli like a rag doll!

Giants to a man want to play the cowboys at full strength ..and why not after beating them on the road last year in the playoffs

since they cant do that because of all the injuries , i am sure they will still hit Brad Johnson , Bollinger or even Staubach as hard as they can

I expect a Giants win 27-13 ...

Giants a solid 7 - 1 but its the defense and that line that i bleive is best in the league and can be as ferocius as any defensive line i have seen in many years ...that in itself gives them a chance each week ...i think its the difference this week as well

If we stop the run, Eli can be forced into mistakes. We will stop the run.

Just like the Steelers did...but i guess Eli did call two timeouts in a row, so you may have a point.

Ware and Ellis coming off the edge at Eli Clean in the first Quarter. Remember Spencer tossing Eli like a rag doll!

You think Ware and Ellis are better than Woodley and Harrison, this year?

The Pittsburgh Steelers' league-best pass rush had no sacks and, according to the final stat sheet, no quarterback hits. In other words, they didn't touch Eli Manning once. Not once. So game balls and raises to the entire offensive line. And Manning should buy them all a nice dinner, too.

You really want to bet on Brad Johnson or Brooks Bollinger? I'll take that bet all day long & twice on Sunday.

Uhhh No and...........No. However, I am willing to bet on our Defense coming up huge and they will have to.

I am betting because it's Giants week period. I don't wait until fair weather to back my Boys. Two times a year and sometimes three it's on, no matter the records or who's starting. I have seen bigger upsets before and I am not about to sit this one out when a win on Sunday would be sweeter then sweet. So your damn right I'm betting this week, because I couldn't live with myself if I missed out on an opportunity to slap a sig on all you Giant fans after an improbable win on Sunday. As JJ once said "You have to bring A$$ to get A$$".