[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Scheffler

MrTed46

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or do all of us with Scheffler have Shockey too? F'n groin injuries.

Really hope he practiced in full today....

I hope so too, I feel that if he is limited again he will not play. Three practices in a row with limited attached to it means he is in pain.

No, some of us have Witten which isn't much better for this week. :D

And I have Gates who is on bye. Someone actually dropped Scheff a couple weeks ago and I snagged him hoping to both plug him in on the bye and play keepaway from those who need him. I don't have the roster space either so I may end up having to drop him and pick up a fill in. I'll get Gates back next week but this would have been an awesome move for trade bait also. :wacko:

Is it just me or do all of us with Scheffler have Shockey too?

Kind of..... My TE situation has been like this all season:

Draft: Gates

Week 2: Picked up Scheffler off waivers, now have Gates and Scheffler

Week 3: Traded Scheffler for Shockey and Sproles (early in season) Now have Gates and Shockey (Shockey gets hurt)

Week 4: Drop Shockey and pick up Carlson; Now have Gates and Carlson

Week 5: Drop Carlson to make roster space for large trade; Now have Gates

Week 6: Scheffler dropped by other owner, pick him up because I am now about to move Gates in 3 separate deals; Now have Gates and Scheffler

Week 6a: Shockey still on WW, so pick him up also; Now have Gates, Scheffler, and Shockey

Week 6b: Pull off 3 separate trades sending Scheffler back to owner who dropped him (thought he'd pick him up later if nobody noticed), Gates sent to another team; Get Dallas Clark in another deal; Now have D. Clark and Shockey

Since then, Scheffler hasn't played, Shockey tried to play and did the splits and Gates and D. Clark have been about even.

Do I own both of them? Not anymore, but they have served their purposes.....and cost me a lot in transactions fees :wacko:

Friday's news:

Published Fri Oct 31 6:06:04 p.m. CT 2008

(KFFL) Denver Broncos TE Tony Scheffler (groin) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 31. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 9 game and will be a game-time decision but has a chance to play.

Published Fri Oct 31 3:47:00 p.m. CT 2008

(Rotoworld) Tony Scheffler is listed as questionable after being limited in practice Friday.

Analysis: Scheffler is game-time decision. Scheffler and the team have been optimistic publicly but the tight end didn't practice fully all week. Fantasy owners should have late game alternatives ready. If you have to set your lineup early, we'd take Scheffler out of it.

Edited by myhousekey

Week 3: Traded Scheffler for Shockey and Sproles (early in season) Now have Gates and Shockey (Shockey gets hurt)

Week 6: Scheffler dropped by other owner, pick him up because I am now about to move Gates in 3 separate deals; Now have Gates and Scheffler

Week 6a: Shockey still on WW, so pick him up also; Now have Gates, Scheffler, and Shockey

Week 6b: Pull off 3 separate trades sending Scheffler back to owner who dropped him (thought he'd pick him up later if nobody noticed), Gates sent to another team; Get Dallas Clark in another deal; Now have D. Clark and Shockey

Since then, Scheffler hasn't played, Shockey tried to play and did the splits and Gates and D. Clark have been about even.

Do I own both of them? Not anymore, but they have served their purposes.....and cost me a lot in transactions fees :wacko:

I love guys like you in transaction fee leagues. I'm usually the top dog when it comes to forking out transaction fees, but looking at your transcript for 1 position, you'd give me a run for my $$

You guys drop top players just because they get hurt? I'm not in any leagues like that. I wish I was.

And I have Gates who is on bye. Someone actually dropped Scheff a couple weeks ago and I snagged him hoping to both plug him in on the bye and play keepaway from those who need him. I don't have the roster space either so I may end up having to drop him and pick up a fill in. I'll get Gates back next week but this would have been an awesome move for trade bait also. :wacko:

That's exactly what I did in the Ladder League. I picked him up last week.

You guys drop top players just because they get hurt? I'm not in any leagues like that. I wish I was.

No. We just do it for fun and we have a ton of cash just laying around that we feel should definitely be wasted. :wacko:

Obviously, on its surface, my post looks a little "transaction happy", but if I tried to put it in context of what was occurring in the league......well, nevermind.....I would explain it, but I read somewhere you hated me anyway.

Let's just say, ChaimWitz uses the WW to his advantage and a drop of a "top" player isn't always what it appears to be. But since I don't have the time/energy to write it all down and explain, I will just stop here.

By the way, what injured top players did I drop? Are you talking about the top players like Shockey and Carlson? If those are the guys you are talking about (and I do like them to a point), then I wish I was in your league also.

You hate me, but tazinib1 loves guys like me because of transaction fees. tazinib1, please understand that things aren't always how they appear. :D

No. We just do it for fun and we have a ton of cash just laying around that we feel should definitely be wasted. :wacko:

Obviously, on its surface, my post looks a little "transaction happy", but if I tried to put it in context of what was occurring in the league......well, nevermind.....I would explain it, but I read somewhere you hated me anyway.

Let's just say, ChaimWitz uses the WW to his advantage and a drop of a "top" player isn't always what it appears to be. But since I don't have the time/energy to write it all down and explain, I will just stop here.

By the way, what injured top players did I drop? Are you talking about the top players like Shockey and Carlson? If those are the guys you are talking about (and I do like them to a point), then I wish I was in your league also.

You hate me, but tazinib1 loves guys like me because of transaction fees. tazinib1, please understand that things aren't always how they appear. :D

I hate you? :D You're speaking of yourself in the 3rd person? :D

What players did you drop? According to what you said Shockey.

Frankly I would often go into a game with no TE than drop one to pick up Carlson for one game, but of course it depends on who I'm playing.

Also questionable for Sunday's game are tight end Tony Scheffler (groin) and wide receiver Brandon Stokley (concussion).

Scheffler said he feels recovered enough to play, but whether he does won't be up to him.

"I'm at the point where I could play if I had to," Scheffler said.

Scheffler has not played since suffering the groin injury late in the second half of Denver's win against the Buccaneers on Oct. 5.

Stokley suffered his concussion in the first quarter against Jacksonville on Oct. 12.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_10871107

I hate you? :D You're speaking of yourself in the 3rd person? :D

What players did you drop? According to what you said Shockey.

Frankly I would often go into a game with no TE than drop one to pick up Carlson for one game, but of course it depends on who I'm playing.

LOL.....The other thread,with the title thingy. That's where you said you might hate me.

As far as the 3rd person thing, yes, it can be annoying, but I do it quite often.

The dropping of Shockey, on its surface, may look like a bad move, but we have limited roster space in this league. He was going to be out 3-6 weeks at the time, and I was pretty sure I could pick him up about two weeks before he was due to return. At that time, I still had Gates, so I wasn't worried about losing Shockey, and was hoping that if another team would pick him up:

1) they would drop someone I could better use on my roster (I'm not all about the studs, but rather flexibility and matchups)

2) If they got carried away, and picked him up during the waiver process, it would move my waiver status up a spot, and better position myself for a waiver pick up during the bye weeks, when someone usually makes a bad decision

And on your last point, I didn't drop Carlson because I wanted him for one game. He never played for me. I picked him up, just in case I needed a TE if Gates went down or I was wrong about getting Shockey back. I knew I needed roster space for trade packages I was offering, and that is why he was dropped the week after I picked him up.

Anyway, its all cool. I guess this all started because of how many people posted having issues with both Shockey and Scheffler on their rosters and now having to make a move or play without a TE. I was just adding to the conversation by saying that I've had that problem twice.

Maybe I'll do it again! :wacko:

(KFFL) Denver Broncos TE Tony Scheffler (groin) was limited during practice Tuesday, Nov. 4. His status for Week 10 is uncertain.

Also saw this:

http://www.milehighreport.com/nfl/players/l.nfl.com-p.3362

The Denver Broncos on Tuesday announced several roster transactions, including the signings of linebacker Mario Haggan, running back P.J. Pope and defensive back Roderick Rogers to their active roster.

The club also on Tuesday waived tight end Chad Mustard while adding running back Cory Boyd and linebacker Tyson Smith to its practice squad.

What does all this mean?? The fact the Broncos promoted Pope likely means that Selvin Young is not ready to go. Chad Mustard getting released likely means Tony Scheffler is getting close and will hopefully go on Thursday

Edited by myhousekey

(Rotoworld) According to the Rocky Mountain News, Broncos TE Tony Scheffler (groin) returned to practice Tuesday but has yet to fully test his injury with explosive cuts.

Analysis: "I was helped by the bye week, but I've kind of been hurt by the short week," said Scheffler. "You lose three days, but I've got to find a way to get back out there." Scheffler will likely have to show improvement Wednesday to be active for Thursday's game.

According to this guy Scheffler is the key to the Denver offense.

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/samadam...fler-key-t.html

Admit it, Bronco Fan. When the 2008 NFL season began, you didn't think tight end Tony Scheffler was the most important piece to Denver's offense, did you?

Think some more. Scheffler is to quarterback Jay Cutler what that blanket was to Linus in the Charlie Brown cartoons.

Without Scheffler, the ball has been pulled from the Broncos' offense. For sure, Denver's need a strong, if not respectable running game to take pressure off Cutler. The numbers show that with Scheffler, the Broncos went 4-1. He's missed three games with a groin injury, and Denver has lost all three -- looking lost offensively in those games.

Scheffler's numbers this season -- 16 catches for 259 yards -- aren't overwhelming. But his 16 yards-per-catch average forced defenses to pay attention, opening holes elsewhere for the offense. Without Scheffler, Broncos tight ends Daniel Graham and Nate Jackson have six catches for 65 yards. Graham has four catches for 61 yards.

On Tuesday Scheffler still was listed on the Broncos' injury report with limited participation in practice. The Broncos clearly are in need his presence on Thursday in Cleveland . . .