[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper in Detroit

Furd

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes no sense to me unless bringing him in as insurance only instead of keeping Henson.

Good lord, I didn't even know Henson was still on a roster. I figured you goofed and meant the "other" Drew (Stanton). Why the heck aren't y'all running him out there? What a CF. :wacko:

Marinelli has, time and time again, showed that his main concern is winning the next game. Given his record, which includes the Lions losing 14 of their last 15 games, this isn't working out too well.

Setting that aside, this committment is consitent with the Lions failure to attempt to rebuild, year after year. They have the 4th oldest roster in the league, filled with a bunch of fossils from Tampa Bay. The Roy Williams trade was a step in the right direction, but lets see what they do with those picks.

I am convinced that Rod Marinelli is the worst coach in the league. Week after week his says that the Lions are great in practice. Week after week he says that he is going to stay the course. Who in their right mind would think that they are on the right course? Who in their right mind would tolerate such a statement from their head coach? Any other organization in the league would have at least sh*tcanned Joe Barry, the Lions defensive coordinator, for having the leagues worst defense two years in a row.

Marinelli says that he has no plans to play Drew Stanton. Is Stanton the answer? i don't think so. But you're probably not going to know unless you give the guy some game experience. It may be that he just sucks and the Lions already know that Stanton is not a starting QB. I am confident of this - Dan Orlovsky is not going to start for any other team outside of injuries to legitimate quartebacks. This is about the only thing that makes the Culpepper story interesting.

I think that its time to bring in somebody new and give that person the rest of the year to evaluate the players on the Lions roster. At the very least, the Lions need to know by the end of the year who can play in this league, and who can't.

:wacko:

Edited by Furd

Terry Foster on 97.1 in Detroit is reporting that his sources say that unless 'a major breakdown' or 'total meltdown' occurs, the Lions will sign him today.

. . . this is a freaking disaster. I am completely distraught. :wacko::D:D:D

Peace

policy

Picking up the team D that plays Detroit each week (if available) will be even more of a gold mine now. If there's one thing Culpepper is great at that Orlovsky hasn't done much of at the pro level, it's fumbling the football. This is about the dumbest move I've ever seen in this history of everything ever. You'd think Millen was still around...

Is it at all possible to petition to force the Fords to sell the franchise? Seriously...