[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas' Last Challenge

Perchoutofwater

Whats funny is this is probably the 1st time in 20 yrs Penn St has even been relevant. So enjoy the hype dude. Only Indy were a real threat to beat Pitt those years. Jerking your chain has become too easy over the years. Though when it comes to Penn St, there is no way even you can say they are a top 2 team. So say whatever makes you feel better, but in the real world, the pathetic schedule and Big 10 will put your boys in a game, they have no chance to win, against any number of 6 or 7 teams that could get there.

Not that stating non-facts is any different for you, but, just three years ago, Penn State won the Big Ten and finished 3rd in the country. There only loss was on a last second TD by Michigan in the big house. I'd say they were relevant that year. Also, within your 20 years of Penn State being irrelevant, they went undefeated in 1994 when they didn't get a chance to play for the title, which was handed to Nebraska. However, no one expects you to bring any facts to the table when you spew your utter nonsense.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the conference was embarssed in bowls the last 2 years, but, PENN STATE WAS NOT (2-0 in the years you cited)...... I'm a Penn State fan, not a Big 10 fan, so, why should I care what the rest of the conference did in bowl games, we are not them.

Once again, just because you say something doesn't make it fact. I'll let the play on the field decide the results.

play on the field. Its not an even platform. Penn State plays no one, doesnt have a Championship game, and hasnt proven anything but they can beat up on tomato cans. So your let the play on the field decide on says, we dont have to beat anyone, and still get there, while other teams have to run a gauntlet and someone worthy wont be there because Penn St is there.

But then again, watching them escape OSU, after watching OSU get humiliated by SC, shows me alot. Who has Penn St played that is any body, really. OSU hasnt beat anyone, yet they were hyped to start the season.

I love how you use the PSU barely beat OSU, who was killed by USC argument, but, completely overlook the fact that Penn State pulled their starters in the 2nd quarter of a complete blowout over Oregon State, who defeated the same USC team that you are speaking of.

Those arguments are silly. The results on the field will tell the tale, and I'll wait to see what happens.

play on the field. Its not an even platform. Penn State plays no one, doesnt have a Championship game, and hasnt proven anything but they can beat up on tomato cans. So your let the play on the field decide on says, we dont have to beat anyone, and still get there, while other teams have to run a gauntlet and someone worthy wont be there because Penn St is there.

Dude, I wish their was a playoff system too. The situation is what it is. IF PSU makes the NC game and gets destroyed, your point will be proven correct and I'll come on here and admit it. However, IF PSU makes the NC game and wins or plays competitive, you will come on here and make excuses and tell us not to believe what we saw on the field. It is a tired act.

Of course, if you are proven wrong after opening your mouth, you can always just say you were "yanking my chain" :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Not that stating non-facts is any different for you, but, just three years ago, Penn State won the Big Ten and finished 3rd in the country. There only loss was on a last second TD by Michigan in the big house. I'd say they were relevant that year. Also, within your 20 years of Penn State being irrelevant, they went undefeated in 1994 when they didn't get a chance to play for the title, which was handed to Nebraska. However, no one expects you to bring any facts to the table when you spew your utter nonsense.

Like I said, they were not relevant. Never in a title game, really not even that close to getting to one. You can spew last second this or that, but were they ever ranked in the top 2. And there is no way they were getting in that game with undefeated Texas and SC set stage for probably the best title game ever. And 1994 was alot like this year, the Big 10 sucked ass, and Nebraska was a beast that year, and this was before the BCS. So be thankful you didnt play Nebraska, or you would know what embarassment on the national stage is. Like the embarassment that is coming for Penn St in January.

BTW, I was impressed with Tech tonight. They showed Moxie on a national spot light I havent seen from that program since they punked Cal a few years ago in the Holiday Bowl. This team could run the table. That offense is that explosive. Luckily we get them in Norman this year.

That's gonna be a hell of a game. :wacko: @ OU putting up like 1 million points on Nebraska in like 5 minutes.

The Big Eleven sucks, and if Penn State gets into the mythical national championship game, they're going to get rolled by Florida or Alabammer or whoever makes it out of the Big 12 South. I'm hoping there's a sliver of a chance UT gets there. Of course, it'll be next to impossible with Orakpo out (I'm thinking MCL). That dude is a freak of nature.

Dude, I wish their was a playoff system too. The situation is what it is. IF PSU makes the NC game and gets destroyed, your point will be proven correct and I'll come on here and admit it. However, IF PSU makes the NC game and wins or plays competitive, you will come on here and make excuses and tell us not to believe what we saw on the field. It is a tired act.

Of course, if you are proven wrong after opening your mouth, you can always just say you were "yanking my chain" :wacko:

Said for college football it is what it is.

Said for college football it is what it is.

I'm assuming you meant sad for college football and on that, I agree 100% Instead of arguing about all this garbage, it would be decided on the field like it should be. We are all being robbed of something great every year that a playoff system isn't used.

That's gonna be a hell of a game. :wacko: @ OU putting up like 1 million points on Nebraska in like 5 minutes.

The Big Eleven sucks, and if Penn State gets into the mythical national championship game, they're going to get rolled by Florida or Alabammer or whoever makes it out of the Big 12 South. I'm hoping there's a sliver of a chance UT gets there. Of course, it'll be next to impossible with Orakpo out (I'm thinking MCL). That dude is a freak of nature.

Tech has a barn burner next week vs Okie St first. OU finishes with Tech then Okie St.

Imagine if Penn St had to beat 3 top 10 teams just to make the Big 12 Championship game, then play Missouri who will be in the top 12 by then.

Give it up Sarge, you won't win with him.

Bottom line, we all know that if Penn St was in the Big XII or the SEC they would have a minimum of 2 losses right now if not more.

IMO I think Fla, OU, UT, OSU, TT, USC and TCU should be above Penn state, yeah I said TCU!!!!!!!

Just to clarify the real OSU, Okie St. :wacko: And Texas should too.

Bottom line, we all know that if Penn St was in the Big XII or the SEC they would have a minimum of 2 losses right now if not more.

IMO I think Fla, OU, UT, OSU, TT, USC and TCU should be above Penn state, yeah I said TCU!!!!!!!

For the record, I haven't once said what Penn State will or would do against certain team, because I have no idea. I just watch it play out and I'm excited about where my favorite team is right now, and they opportunity that they might have. Blame the system, don't blame Penn State or their fans. Penn State is simply playing the teams put in front of them, and so far, they've won them all. I'm just anxious to see how it all plays out. :wacko:

In case someone didn't get the memo... Results are the only thing that matters. The supposed talent level of a particular team, or how well they appear to be playing at a certain point in the season, doesn't matter one bit if that team doesn't take care of business on the field all season long. The regular season IS the playoffs in college football. You lose, you hurt your chances, plain and simple. If Texas Tech, Alabama, or PSU runs the table, they deserve to play for it all... period.

Every other major sport has a playoff system... That's the right solution. But, until we have one, why should anyone other than an undefeated team play for the championship? To choose any other team, based on their perceived talent, would be totally wrong... It's the equivalent of proposing that MLB put the KC Royals in the World Series... After all, they were playing the best baseball in the league during the last week of the season. :wacko:

No, ALL of us don't share YOUR feelings about Penn State having AT LEAST two losses in the Big 12 or SEC, Especially watching the BIG 12 play defense this year. Wrong again. There's only 1 team on that list that has earned the right to be ahead of Penn State and that's Texas Tech. And Penn State plays better defense than everyone on that list except USC, with Florida and TCU a close second.

Edited by theprofessor

What you wanted to prove you just as big as an azz as he is. :wacko:

I loved the UT vs. TT game last night. It was awesome and had a great finish and the team I was hoping to win did with that great play by Crabtree. He reminded me of a larger version of Steve Smith who does that type of thing on a regular basis. He is definitely a special player.

As far as the comments about Sarge, you have your opinion and that is fine. Blast Penn State and the Big Ten all you want, I don't really care. Penn State is not OSU and like Menudo has posted all we are saying is we want a shot to be in the big game. I think we will do just fine, win or lose, but if we get rolled like you think will happen, both Menudo and I will come and take our shackling on the MBs. Penn State has a terrific team and I think they can beat any of the top teams in the Big 12 and / or the SEC because we have a good defense. I haven't seen much defense from the SEC and the Big 12 teams that I have seen on TV.

1994 Penn State was not even given a chance to play for the title because the pollsters wanted to give Osborne his first title. We got screwed because we didn't get the chance. In fact, Penn State has had 5 undefeated seasons, yet we have only one NC to show for it 1986 when I was a Senior at Penn State. If Penn State runs the table and we would be denyied yet another chance to play for the big game, I will be very upset as it could be the 6th undefeated season, yet we still only have one NC title. Penn State is 9-2 in bowl games since we joined the Big Ten, we show well in bowl games have have beaten plenty of teams in the SEC and the Big 12 in those bowl games. Penn State is not like OSU and many of the Big Ten schools that lay an egg, just we are getting blasted just because we are in at conference.

IF Penn State runs the table I believe that will surprise the country by how they will do in the NC title game. Joe knows how to prepare his team when he has four or five weeks to do it and if you look at Penn State's history in title games back in the 1980s you will see that we went 2 for 3 beating GA, losing to OK and beating Miami. The two titles that we won were both when Penn State was a decided underdog.

The best thing that could happen to college football is a true playoff.... it would be the January version of March Madness and will end this crap of comparing teams. UT, OK, Florida, USC, Alabama, Penn State and TT all are all great teams and a playoff would settle these arguements... let the teams battle it on the field. Just don't deny Penn State a chance if we go 12-0 simply because OSU has laid an egg for the last two straight years.

I don't think we can all agree to write the Big 12 as ALL THAT until the bowls come. It's clear to any non homer that the Big 12 has the worst group of defenses in any BCS conference. If I were a Big 12 homer, I be careful what I post, with those defenses it's very possible they get blasted in the bowls this season and look like frauds. There is reason analysts have compared this years Big 12 to the WAC and we'll soon find out the truth in the bowls

Menudo, please just stop. Sgt Ryan is just a blowhard that likes to get people riled up spewing inflamatory nonsense. You're falling directly into his trap. WE know that Penn State isn't Ohio State, we know that Joe Pa has more big game coaching experience than just about anyone in college football and we know that meaningless one game comparisons do nothing to prove the quality of a football team. Once we play in our bowl game we can point at it and either laugh or cry. In the mean time, just let Cryin' Ryan piss and moan over how OK should be in the NC game.

Menudo, please just stop. Sgt Ryan is just a blowhard that likes to get people riled up spewing inflamatory nonsense. You're falling directly into his trap.

Sure, but don't you think Menyoudo wasn't intentionally trying to get people riled up when he started his gay Penn State chant stuff immediately after the game? This was a great game and that is what the thread should be about. But, for the 1,342,234,234,234,587th time on the Huddle; Menyoudo has taken a thread about a different topic and focused it on him and his team. :wacko:

Sure, but don't you think Menyoudo wasn't intentionally trying to get people riled up when he started his gay Penn State chant stuff immediately after the game? This was a great game and that is what the thread should be about. But, for the 1,342,234,234,234,587th time on the Huddle; Menyoudo has taken a thread about a different topic and focused it on him and his team. :wacko:

::D

3 years have gone by, and this guy still can't get over the fact that my team beat his team in the Super Bowl. It is soooooooo sad.

Congrats Zia, and any other TT fans. TT played better tonight, and might actually be the better team.

Thanks brother. I had said all week I just really wanted to see a great game and I wasn't disappointed. Living in east Texas, I would have to say I am in the minority out here, especially where we were watching the game. I caught so much crap when it looked like UT made that pick. Then all the Longhorn fans were like........oh wait. :D To say I was on edge that final drive is the understatement of the century. But fortunately Harrell and Crabtree stepped up when they needed to. And that is the difference between this TT team and some of the "good" teams in the past. I thought the defense played a pretty good game, especially the first half.

I don't think we can all agree to write the Big 12 as ALL THAT until the bowls come. It's clear to any non homer that the Big 12 has the worst group of defenses in any BCS conference. If I were a Big 12 homer, I be careful what I post, with those defenses it's very possible they get blasted in the bowls this season and look like frauds. There is reason analysts have compared this years Big 12 to the WAC and we'll soon find out the truth in the bowls

:wacko: All the Red Raiders can do is play their schedule and win the games. If the polls and BCS don't put them in the title game at that point there is not much they can do about that. I would never be surprised if more storied and media favorite teams like OSU, USC, and PSU get bumped up above them.

I think OSU and OU are both going to be tough games, especially back to back. But they just have to play their game like they did against Texas and they will be OK. I think one thing that surprised a lot of people is the run game of the Red Raiders. I told Darin the other day that they are running more than previous years, well at least having more success it seems. I am just glad they won last night and it feels good right now to be a Red Raider fan.

Guns Up!!!! :D

Thanks brother. I had said all week I just really wanted to see a great game and I wasn't disappointed. Living in east Texas, I would have to say I am in the minority out here, especially where we were watching the game. I caught so much crap when it looked like UT made that pick. Then all the Longhorn fans were like........oh wait. :D To say I was on edge that final drive is the understatement of the century. But fortunately Harrell and Crabtree stepped up when they needed to. And that is the difference between this TT team and some of the "good" teams in the past. I thought the defense played a pretty good game, especially the first half.

:wacko: All the Red Raiders can do is play their schedule and win the games. If the polls and BCS don't put them in the title game at that point there is not much they can do about that. I would never be surprised if more storied and media favorite teams like OSU, USC, and PSU get bumped up above them.

I think OSU and OU are both going to be tough games, especially back to back. But they just have to play their game like they did against Texas and they will be OK. I think one thing that surprised a lot of people is the run game of the Red Raiders. I told Darin the other day that they are running more than previous years, well at least having more success it seems. I am just glad they won last night and it feels good right now to be a Red Raider fan.

Guns Up!!!! :D

PSU may be a more storied team but there last chapters(outside of 05 this decade) prior to this are for the most part pretty dust ridden

Edited by keggerz