[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santana Moss Kicks Me in The Nuts Every Year!

Chaim.Witz

:D Yes, this is a rant. Feel free to ignore.

When it comes to FF and Santana Moss, I am Charlie Brown and he is Lucy! Everytime I go to kick the football, Lucy pulls that son of a gun out the way and I end up landing flat on my back. Such is my relationship with S. Moss.

Every year, it seems this little mosquito named Santana Moss keeps flying around me, and I can't seem to get rid of him. Let's not go through all the times I have played against this dude in FF, and even if it is once or twice at most, during a season, he still does something to send me :pokey: He is the fly, no, the mosquito in my ointment.

I have purposely never drafted him or had him on my team, because he is like my kryptonite. He always finds a way to put together that monster game only when I play against him each year. (Let's not even consider real life football, where he sticks it to my Cowboys, no matter what the situation) But this year, in week 2, I had some issues with my lineup with injuries right off the bat, and I go look at the WW and there he is......Another team dropped him after week 1, for some unknown reason. I pick him up....reluctantly.....but he does well and helps me get a win in week 2.

I realize he has had a monster FF year, but to be honest, he does his damage in spurts. He has scored biggest when I didn't need him at all, but has thrown up a goose-egg and about 3 pts. two games in a row where I lost each game by no more than 5 points. That was frustrating, then he blows up again last week, where again, I didn't "need" his points at all.

Fast Forward: I have some issues with my line up again this week, and I don't like his matchup vs. PIT anyway, but I have to rely on him this week being out of players on my roster. "Fine, I'll make it work.", I thought. Make a couple transactions to get me competitive this week, even though Wayne is dinged up. Still no problem, but I have no room for error.

In fact, the great news is that his value is at an all-time high in the eyes of some of the folks in my league, and today I was able to package S. Moss in a deal that will bring me B. Marshall, that goes into effect next week. Finally, I will be rid of his inconsistency, albight his nice point totals, and bring in B. Marshall for the stretch run to solidfy my WR's with Wayne, Marshall, Colston and D. Avery. And doing this with the mosquito going into his bye week next week! :wacko:

:guns::slap::D Yeah Me! Chaim.Witz is a genius!!! I am so good I made the bananas, pickles, and locks all start dancing! Santana Moss is finally gonna do me right, and bring me something in return! What a wonderful day!

Just a few minutes ago, I was tired and getting ready to go to bed when my laptop kept beckoning me. I didn't know what it was, but I had to find out. I look at my roster one more time and notice a little "icon" next to Moss's name, and I click it. There he was.....a little green smilie..... :D

I come back to The Huddle, and not only is he limited by his hamstring, he might not even play Monday Night. But, of course I won't know until Monday Night as he is probably a GTD! :D

If that wasn't bad enough, because I have no roster space that I wish to give up for a replacement, it would have to be a stinking backup WR for PIT or WAS that I try to replace him with.

But the worst part of the S. Moss curse tonight is the realization that the other owner, who I worked out all the details of this nice trade with, that brings me B. Marshall, has NOT pushed the accept button yet, because he was going to bed and would accept in the morning, after I set up the trade in the system. No doubt, he will nix the trade when he sees that S. Moss suddenly has a worse hammy injury than first thought.

Lucy pulls the football out from under me once again!

:D ......................... :smash:

Chaim.Witz.....................Santana Moss

:D

Edited by Chaim.Witz

Didn't read all that but to me there's nothing worse than the player who kicks butts so you play him, he sucks, so you pull him (rinse and repeat). If you figure it was just a bad week and keep him in, he keeps on sucking...until you don't start him that is. Friggin T Jones is that for me this year. K Jones did it to me big-time in the 2d half last year.

From the title? :D

And to think I thought I provided so many other reasons to hate me. :D

Just a note, the trade for Marshall was rejected by the other owner. :wacko:

I was referring to kicks me in the nuts every year part. It's a little too graphic. :D