[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any word on Tim Hightower?

From Rotowire, no link pasted from player news on yahoo:

Sat, Nov 1 Hightower received snaps with the first- and second-team offenses during Friday's practice, the East Valley Tribune reports.

Recommendation: It's clear that Hightower is entering into a time share with starter Edgerrin James; head coach Ken Whisenhunt even said recently that Hightower might start at some point this season. In the Cardinals' last two games, Hightower has 19 touches from scrimmage and James has 16. James is still officially the starter, but Hightower has more upside and he even has more current value in touchdown-heavy leagues because he is receiving about two-thirds of Arizona's goal-line carries.

(Rotowire.com)

I'm teaming him w/ Portis and LenDale in one league because of Gore's bye. It sounds like the next week or two may be an audition of sorts for HT. If we plays well between the 20s, we may see him take over the feature back role in time for the stretch run and fantasy playoffs.

James isn't even backing up Hightower. JJ Arrington is. Lol.. Who did Edge piss off??

His 3 ypc average should have been offensive to everyone. Considering how good the passing game is there should be big holes to run through against any D. Edge was 3 yards and a cloud of dust. TH looked great breaking tackles yesterday. The future is now!

Though Edgerrin James was supportive of teammate rookie RB Tim Hightower posting a big day in his first start in the Cardinals' backfield, the Arizona Republic reports that James' demotion was the result of him bad-mouthing the coaching staff recently. "I'm not surprised," James said. "I don't fit the 'yes-man' mold. ... They can sit me down for the rest of the year. I'll still come and go to work. I'm happy for Tim. I'm supportive of Tim. I knew he was going to have a big day. But this was personal."

To sum up Wiz's presser from this morning... Edgerin James isn't good anymore, so he will no longer be starting.

Kudos to Wix making the move. Most coaches don't make it due to loyality to a proven vet RB. James has been the posterchild for mediocrity since coming to AZ.

Edited by cory_n_az