[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami gets a freebie

haywood

It could have affected the outcome of the game. Lots of momentum on that play. Gives Denver the lead if it stands... But calls like these go both ways. Remember the Cutler fumble in the SD game?

That call definitely changed the game....and it was a complete BS call. The refs took the game away from the players......as for the cutler play I am not so sure....it obviously is apart of football, but the ball just slipped out of Cutlers hands. It wasn't like SD made a great play on the ball(knocked it out of his hands) and then the refs took it away....so for me they are different.......I am not a Denver fan.

I guess getting the win for you is more important then the game being called professionally.

Good for you..........bad for the NFL and everyone who likes fair play.

I agree. The refs are ruining the NFL by all of these BS calls. No way was that PI. Too much officiating, let the players play for f##k's sake.

I agree. The refs are ruining the NFL by all of these BS calls. No way was that PI. Too much officiating, let the players play for f##k's sake.

another game that was controlled was the Jags game.....the Jags had too many holding calls...

excessive amounts of holding calls are a cheap way for the refs to control a game from what I've seen...

:wacko:

Bad calls are part of the game and have been part of the game for as long as the game has been played. The call on Marshall was a horrible call but the AFC West leading Broncos played like crap at home. Zero rushing and Cutler was harassed the entire game and looked confused. The Broncos lost to a team that was 1-15 last year and now sits 4-4 with some pretty big wins.

Go 'Phins!

I personally would rather see a ref miss a call than throw a flag on something that didn't happen. I understand that refs make mistakes, but they shouldn't be so quick to throw a flag. Without the acting job by the Miami DB, that flag doesn't get thrown. It did affect the outcome because right after the play got called back, Cutler threw an interception. Miami went on to kick a field goal. With the TD, it would have been 17-16 Denver. It ended up 19-10 after the Miami field goal. I actually was going against Marshall in a league. However, I care more about the integrity of the game than fantasy football. Just my two cents.

P.S. - Screw Penn State pal! :wacko:

Wow - lots of crying & whining in this thread.

Got a freebie? Miami had the ball finally bounce their way?

Whatever you want to call it the Dolphins have been on the bad end of those unlucky calls/bounces for the last 10 years. They're due. Never mind the fact that the Dolphins clearly outplayed Denver in their own building for much of the game.

He CLEARLY pushed off the defender to create seperation to make the catch. I watched the game and seen the replays a few times - how can you say he didn't push off?

Again, I couldn't care less who won that football game yesterday. Miami did outplay them. I was just pointing out a terrible call when I saw it. I thought people who weren't able to watch the game would want to know.

Sorry but there was no push off. Just because Marshall's arm made contact with the db doesn't make it pass interference. If that was the case, you'd be able to throw a flag on almost every pass play whether it be offensive or defensive.

The call didn't make the difference in the game, the Broncos going out and laying a hugh turd did. MIA was there for the taking, but when Cutler throws 3 INTs, including a pick 6, and the DBs are playing so far off stud WRs like Camarillo that they are almost in a different zip code, and the team rushes for a whopping 15 yds, you're going to lose the game. To place any blame for the lose on that call is a joke and the last bastion of whiny ass homers. It was clearly a weak call, but it happens. Deal with it & overcome like winners do, or else shut up & take the loss like a man.

It should worry MIA fans that DEN was that bad and yet was still in a position to win the game until MIA was able to gain 18 1/2 yds on a 3rd & 19, and then later in the same drive convert a 3rd & 13.

And yeah, I got hurt by the loss of Marshall/Cutler stats, but I hurt myself also by starting Curtis instead of Driver, and by starting Steven Jackson in one league. It happens. I need to make better decisions, too.

I'll tell you something else, this DEN team is quickly becoming unwatchable. :wacko: Now we've got players taking shots at each other. Marshall was pissed with the D, and said so publicly, because the DBs are giving 10-12 yd cushions and getting picked apart by playing into Pennington's strength; and MLB Nate Webster is staing publicly that the D playeed very well and that the O is making too many turnovers. Personally, I think Webster needs a drug test ASAP. And it ain't gonna get better soon. DJ Williams got hurt yesterday, meaning the 2 D players on the roster who could start for other teams - Bailey & Williams - are both tweaked. The rest of the D players would be nothing but specialty players or depth on almost all other NFL teams.

Edited by Bronco Billy

He CLEARLY pushed off the defender to create seperation to make the catch. I watched the game and seen the replays a few times - how can you say he didn't push off?

There is some form of holding, touching after five yards, etc. on basically every play. The thing is, no one wants a flag on every single down. There was contact on both sides with this play and a flag was absolutely not warranted. Offensive PI should be a pretty rare call and only on a blatant pushoff which this was not. The defender just played the part because he knew he got beat.

I'm not going to whine about it but it absolutely made a difference in the game...

2nd and 16 at DEN 23 (:21) J.Cutler pass deep right to B.Marshall for 77 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. 16 10

PENALTY on DEN-B.Marshall, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at DEN 23 - No Play.

2nd and 26 at DEN 13 (:14) (Shotgun) J.Cutler scrambles up the middle to DEN 15 for 2 yards (V.Holliday).

4th Quarter MIA DEN

Denver Broncos continued. MIA DEN

3rd and 24 at DEN 15 (15:00) (Shotgun) J.Cutler pass deep left intended for B.Stokley INTERCEPTED by B.Condren at DEN 44. B.Condren pushed ob at DEN 43 for 1 yard.

The Dolphins took that interception for a FG which made it 19 to 10 instead of 17 to 16. Say Miami still gets the FG after the Marshall TD then it is 19 to 17. Denver still scored the next drive and that kind of momentum swing is huge.

Yeah, bad calls happen and the Dolphins played a good game but you can't say that call didn't completely impact the outcome.

I think Dumerville would be the one to add to your list of quality players. He was one of the few bright spots yesterday. Beating Jake Long so badly that Jake had to facemask him pretty bad was nice.

Dumerville is a situation player on almost all other teams. The guy just gets swallowed against the run, and can be managed easily by just one blocker. He simply does not have enough sand in his pants to anchor the end of the line. Against the pass? He's a terror, no doubt.

The call didn't make the difference in the game, the Broncos going out and laying a hugh turd did.

I'll tell you something else, this DEN team is quickly becoming unwatchable.

Yeah, I'll agree with both of those. The call impacted the game significantly but the Broncos played for crap... again.