[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts vs. Pats

Shorttynaz

Who's gonna win? I am a Colts homer, but they get Sanders and Addai back + Colts are nearing the point where they may not make the playoffs (division is pretty much already wrapped up).

I do like the Colts in this one. It's gonna be close, but the Colts find a way to win. If it were in Foxboro it would be a different story. Moss however is in for a big game IMO as well.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Who's gonna win? I am a Colts homer, but they get Sanders and Addai back + Colts are nearing the point where they may not make the playoffs (division is pretty much already wrapped up).

I do like the Colts in this one. It's gonna be close, but the Colts find a way to win. If it were in Foxboro it would be a different story. Moss however is in for a big game IMO as well.

Colts homer...with a Pats avvy...from AZ :wacko:

I've gotta believe the Colts pull this one out. Sanders being back will be hugh. :fingerscrossed:

ETA: just took a closer look at your avvy, my bad :D that's actually a pretty nice avatar.

Edited by tonyr0802

What a waste of a timeout - challenging a small thing.. They may regret losing that one..
Didn't they almost get 1st down on that play anyways? Either way, it did seem to be a waste of a challenge/timeout. They were in the middle of the field and 10 yards really wouldn't have gotten them much.

What a waste of a timeout - challenging a small thing.. They may regret losing that one..

As I said - Lack of timeouts is going to cost the Pats the game!

- As well as a bonehaed personal foul

Edited by Shorttynaz

good game, Patriots should have taken it.

drop by Gaffney, strange play calling, the failed Challenge costing a time out...

i give Thomas the benefit of the doubt on the PF penalty, just think he was playing through the play,

not geting the 1st down was the killer.

hate to say it, but i put this lose on the coaches....sure as hell wasn't Cassel's fault.

Interesting game, but it certainly lacked the "marquee matchup" atmosphere of years past. Both teams have serious flaws. The Colts can't run the ball or stop the run. The Pats can't cover anybody downfield or make big plays through the air.

That said, I think that the Pats will be better off down the stretch. If they can avoid a playoff game in Indy or San Diego, they could legitimately win the AFC. In particular, I think that they match up well against the Titans, who won't be able to exploit their secondary.

While the Colts have gotten a lot better (and healthier), they still have the same problem that they did back in January: They're marshmallow-soft up front. If they do squeak into the playoffs, they'll have to go on a tear (like they did two years ago) to survive.

If they do squeak into the playoffs, they'll have to go on a tear (like they did two years ago) to survive.

While I am in no way trying to say what this may imply, anything's possible. Look at last season - who would have thought after 8 games the Giants (a wildcard team) would have won the superbowl?? :wacko:

Did you watch the same game I did? Prior to that call, I'm not sure the game was decided either way.

i don't now what game you watched. i was busy watching the Pats v Colts to find out. :wacko:

actually, the game was decided before that play. the score was 18-15 before that play (PF on Thomas)

and it just so happens that was the final score. what game did you watch?...but i digress...

of course it wasn't really decided before that play, thats why i said they should have taken it,

they had many opportunities to.

the point of my comment was, that the Patriots had several opportunities to open up leads in the game,

drop by Gaffney, the timeout by BB right before Cassel' sneak for a first down on the goal line,

poor red zone O, ....in essence, they shot themselves in the foot, but still found themselves in a position to win or tie

with 5 min to go

it was a very good game, imo....two arch rivals giving it everything they had with limits on what they had to give.

great game

and yeah swerski...it might have lacked that marquee matchup status....but you wouldnt know it if you were there

heck of a game...and despite only 15 points...i have become impressed by the progression of matt cassel...i now see why bill stuck by him when alot of people wanted them to go in another direction...whether it be the rookie or outside the organization....and the throw to gaffney....hell of a read...hell of a throw

yeah our secondary cant cover anyone....but we also cant put any kind of pressure on quarterbacks...those two go hand in hand...

tough loss....but just maybe...we meet again

and lucas oil stadium is gorgeous