[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ADP and Vikings coaching

MrTed46

I am not complaining about ADPs touches and/or production. I am asking why the hell doesnt he EVER get receptions...scratch that...why the hell doesnt he EVER get TTs (Thrown Tos)? I don't get it. ADP can go out for a pass but they will not throw to him, it is coming to the point where the LBs are neglecting him when he goes for a pass route. However, when CT is in there all they do is throw to him. VERY STRANGE.

Vikings coaching is so garbage.

Adrian Peterson is currently 28th in the league in targets to RBs (Chester Taylor is 21st). He is also 3rd in the NFL in rushing attempts.

Not throwing to AD (ADP? :wacko: ) could have a lot to do with limiting him in an effort to preserve his health. How many touches do you want the guy to accumulate?

Not throwing to AD (ADP? :wacko: ) could have a lot to do with limiting him in an effort to preserve his health. How many touches do you want the guy to accumulate?

:D You're giving Childress waaaayyy too much credit. They don't throw to Peterson because they're stooopid. Plain and simple. If they want to "preserve his health", they should give Taylor a few more rushes, not using Peterson in the passing game is idiotic and typical of this coaching staff.

:wacko: You're giving Childress waaaayyy too much credit. They don't throw to Peterson because they're stooopid. Plain and simple. If they want to "preserve his health", they should give Taylor a few more rushes, not using Peterson in the passing game is idiotic and typical of this coaching staff.

Do you all think Childress will fired this year? The experiment is over. He is a bad head-coach. This team has WAY too much talent to be as bad as they are.

Adrian Peterson is currently 28th in the league in targets to RBs (Chester Taylor is 21st). He is also 3rd in the NFL in rushing attempts.

That's not my point of my post. I know his productivity is through the roof and I am not discrediting him but I am asking a simple question maybe you do not comprehend. Why not design plays to your best RB to get a reception and take it to the house or AT LEAST keep the defense honest. Every single time Chester Taylor is in the game and it is not a running play he is likely to get the reception. When ADP is in and he goes to run a route dont bother looking at him as he will not even get a look.

And I do not know what is so funny about TT (Thrown To's). I defined it purposely so you can understand what I meant by it. I did it so I can emphasize that he is not even getting looks let alone receptions.

And what does his health have to do with receptions? Running him 25 times a game but not throwing to him will help him stay healthy?

Maybe you missed my point?

:wacko: You're giving Childress waaaayyy too much credit. They don't throw to Peterson because they're stooopid. Plain and simple. If they want to "preserve his health", they should give Taylor a few more rushes, not using Peterson in the passing game is idiotic and typical of this coaching staff.

Thank you sir

They could probably do a few designed screens each game, but they haven't been working as much because teams are loading the box. Adrian does goes out for short passes, but Gus likes to throw the ball downfield more because there is always 1 on 1 coverage. There is no need for the dump off. Berrian is now in the top ten for receivers, maybe top 8 since Gus took over. As long is it is working and they are scoring points, its all good. AD will get his touches.

Thank you for making my point

Yeah. Those 5 extra targets for the year mean that MIN is throwing to Taylor way more than Peterson. Maybe it has to do with situations? Maybe it has to do with using Peterson in a less risky way (meaning runs are safer than passes)? Maybe Taylor has better hands? Maybe it's workload. Maybe it's coaching retardedness. Maybe it's a combination of all of the above.

They could probably do a few designed screens each game, but they haven't been working as much because teams are loading the box. Adrian does goes out for short passes, but Gus likes to throw the ball downfield more because there is always 1 on 1 coverage. There is no need for the dump off. Berrian is now in the top ten for receivers, maybe top 8 since Gus took over. As long is it is working and they are scoring points, its all good. AD will get his touches.

Absolutely correct. Defenses are committing linebackers and sometimes safeties to him to try to contain the run, and they don't forget about him when he heads out into the routes. I've watched this all season. He gets the pass and there is someone there immediately. That being said, I agree it's important to keep trying - with him it just takes one missed tackle and he's gone. His performance this season considering the efforts against him is even more impressive than last season, I think. And I also agree that Gus is finally going to Berrian more, who continues to be single covered on the outside.

All of this has resulted in Shiancoe being wide open in key times in the red zone, and evidently he has learned how to catch the ball. I think the offense is doing a pretty good job, along with the defense, at this point. Having Madeu back yesterday helped there, too. We'll see what happens this week - should be interesting.

Yeah. Those 5 extra targets for the year mean that MIN is throwing to Taylor way more than Peterson. Maybe it has to do with situations? Maybe it has to do with using Peterson in a less risky way (meaning runs are safer than passes)? Maybe Taylor has better hands? Maybe it's workload. Maybe it's coaching retardedness. Maybe it's a combination of all of the above.

Oh you want to throw stats at me? Why dont you dig deeper into your stat book and tell me how many times is CT in the offense compared to AP. Maybe 75% ADP and 25% CT....you see my point now? Not only is CT getting MORE attempts but he is in ALOT less.

I am just raising a point no need to try to make me sound retarded and throw half ass stats at me. I am NOT complaining about his productivity but ADP is one of my fav players to watch (FF has nothing to do with it). Watching ADP has turned me to like the Vikings a little bit and I am raising the questions to further point out wha a dumbass Childress is.

Even if ADP has bad hands you have to take some chances just to mix the defense up a bit. Braylon Edwards has bad hands but he still gets his :wacko:

Absolutely correct. Defenses are committing linebackers and sometimes safeties to him to try to contain the run, and they don't forget about him when he heads out into the routes. I've watched this all season. He gets the pass and there is someone there immediately. That being said, I agree it's important to keep trying - with him it just takes one missed tackle and he's gone. His performance this season considering the efforts against him is even more impressive than last season, I think. And I also agree that Gus is finally going to Berrian more, who continues to be single covered on the outside.

All of this has resulted in Shiancoe being wide open in key times in the red zone, and evidently he has learned how to catch the ball. I think the offense is doing a pretty good job, along with the defense, at this point. Having Madeu back yesterday helped there, too. We'll see what happens this week - should be interesting.

Good point. Do you think CT is the better catch and run back?

I am just raising a point no need to try to make me sound retarded

Watching ADP has turned me to like the Vikings a little bit

You're doing a fine job yourself.

:wacko:

Not trying to put you down (except for that ADP thing... ) - just being a devil's advocate. BTW - as much as I detest MIN, I love watching Peterson run too. Just like Payton & the Bears. I can hate the team & admire greatness in one of their players.